Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Couples are individuals too!
Not really sure why but for some reason it seems there are people out there who just can't get it through their heads that couples (married or otherwise) are actually individual people with thoughts and opinions of their own. 

Over the years I have lost friends not because of anything I did or said but because of things my (now ex) partner did or said. In more recent times I have been "unfriended" or "unfollowed" on social media just because someone got pissed off at my (current) husband, and he has experienced the same because someone got pissed off at me. I have also had people be very rude to me on forums because they don't like my hubs, I'm sure he has probably experienced the same.

So just a bit ago I found out I got banned from another forum. I should have expected it since the husband just got banned- but at least they warned him they were possibly going to do it. I got no warning, no reason. Haven't posted anything questionable, been rude or nasty, haven't bad mouthed the website, haven't "stirred the pot", but because I am married to someone that likes to "poke the bear" I got banned. Yeah, technically I was banned from there back in 2014 (because the hubs ex-wife threatened to sue them, true story) but I have been back on there since 2015 with no issues. I got banned because my husband pissed them off!

So please remember folks, people who are married or in a relationship are two separate people. Just because you don't particularly care for one of the pair doesn't mean you have to disassociate with the other. This kind of crap reminds me of when I was a teenager and my Dad made me break things off with a guy I was dating because he found out the guy's father was one of his enemies when he was a teenager. It's childish! 

Guess that was kind of a rant. Didn't intend it to turn out that way but it is what it is. Just remember that people are individuals whether they are married to each other or not!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Couples are individuals too! - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-12-2020, 03:23 AM
RE: Couples are individuals too! - by ChiefD - 07-12-2020, 03:29 AM
RE: Couples are individuals too! - by kdog - 07-12-2020, 03:43 AM
RE: Couples are individuals too! - by guohua - 07-12-2020, 04:22 AM
RE: Couples are individuals too! - by kdog - 07-12-2020, 04:35 AM
RE: Couples are individuals too! - by kdog - 07-12-2020, 03:31 AM
RE: Couples are individuals too! - by guohua - 07-12-2020, 04:51 AM
RE: Couples are individuals too! - by Moonmagic - 07-12-2020, 12:01 PM
RE: Couples are individuals too! - by TheDoctor46 - 07-12-2020, 08:13 PM