Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Rods top tip of the day : 7th of July 2020
(07-07-2020, 09:35 PM)Bally002 Wrote: I'm very proud of my English name.  Family history is very important to me and the surname means a lot when researching the meaning.  I'd post it here but I'm a bit shy of revealing my identity subsequently my Avatar name (pronounced Bawly) is a nickname that rhymes with it and a tag I've had all my life.  

In saying that we (my true love and children) and I did a lot of work in remote Aboriginal communities.  Without going into details Aboriginal names are family clan names handed down through generations.  There is a matrix and difficult for us to get our heads around it. My Aboriginal name is 'Tjungala' pronounced 'Chungala or just Jungala' if spoken quickly.  It is a senior name which in essence means 'rainmaker or a rain dancer/singer'.  I am a member of the family of Tjungala's.   It's a Warlpiri name.  It's a hand down name.

After being given the name and having access to ceremonies, my true love and children were given there respective names.  When my true love gave birth to our youngest daughter in Central Australia 'true love' and her were taken into the desert.  The daughter was given smoking ceremony by the elder women (women's business only).  Passed around over the smoking leaves while chanting and singing was undertaken.  While my youngest daughter was what they call a 'Nampa Jimpa' she was also given the name of 'Yumungali' after a princess of the Warlpiri tribe many years ago.  I'm lucky to still have a movie of it.

We have since moved many miles away but can return any time.  Some spooky things have happened to my daughter since then.  Every now and then she hears 'Yumungali' called out in the street of the main town near which we live.  Like someones watching over her.  I was given the spirit 'Jigali' who watches over us all.  The spirit has followed us everywhere.  

Anyway it's a very long story.

Kind regards,

Bally

A fascinating background you have! Thank you so much for sharing it.

I have always felt that the further from "civilized" you go in your head, the closer you get to the really real world.

Especially with Spirit guides.

I'm sure you have a lot more interesting tales to tell about the actual side of life, not the side we seem to want to live in now...

minusculeclap
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8135]

Messages In This Thread
RE: Rods top tip of the day : 7th of July 2020 - by Lumenari - 07-08-2020, 12:37 AM