Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
The Machine Economy: An Essay on the Communication of Value in an Automated Economy
(06-23-2020, 05:44 AM)Serdgiam Wrote: I dont believe we have much of a choice either, and I think thats a critical facet here. Made particularly urgent by the current economic situation that seems somewhat intentional.

On a semi-random note.. Elon Musk was recently on Rogans podcast and his timeframes for some of his tech was pretty stunning. 5-10 years for neuralink-enabled "telepathy."

The concept he discussed, however, was that such hybridization would be the only way for humans to remain relevant with AI in the picture as well. Im not entirely convinced of that, but I do see its merit.

I do believe that many things that will be overtaken with automation would be best approached in a truly decentralized fashion as well. I can still envision centralized factories for some items, but at a greatly diminishing rate should in-home automation take the forefront.

Thats basically the body of my own work though, so there is a severe bias there.

I like the idea of using all of this technology to gain self-sufficiency and real time creation, supplemented by a similarly decentralized economy and all held together with modern communications.

ETA: Oh.. Thats a bit tricky on a phone lol
We're marching in that direction now anyway. 

This essay isn't even remotely prophetic. It is more illustrative of the course we're taking. At least the course I hope we'll commit to.

Messages In This Thread
RE: The Machine Economy: An Essay on the Communication of Value in an Automated Economy - by projectvxn - 06-23-2020, 06:03 AM