Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Frozen Caveman Discovered in Himalaya
I read the headline, and got all excited - the Iceman has been found! I knew it would happen eventually, and here it is!

Then I read the fine print.

Homo Habilis, but found in the Himalayas. Bummer. I was all excited, then found out it was some kind of joke. Homo Habilis lived only in Africa. Homo Habilis did not make spears, stone tipped or otherwise, nor is there any evidence or even any likelihood that he had any idea on how to make leather or leather products. Homo Habilis was basically a monkey without a tail, who knew how to make marginally sharp rocks. A river can do that, if the water is fast enough.

Had they said Homo Erectus, Homo Antecessor, Home Neanderthalensis, or just about any other Homo, I might have retained my excitement, because those spread over the Earth, from England to China, and had weapons technology.

Homo Habilis, not so much. he couldn't find his way out of Africa.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Frozen Caveman Discovered in Himalaya - by Ninurta - 07-06-2016, 11:55 PM