Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
One night 1988
Hello Folks, I know this is an odd sort of "First Thread" but I would really like to share and I trust you won't crucify me. 
If you think I am nuts that's fine. 
I hope this, copy and paste thing works. 

I have contemplated whether to write this as a story or a report, I chose a partial reporting style, because I tend to be “overly” descriptive. Additionally I will conduct it in metric as it is more natural for me

Date/Time: December 17-18 1988/approx. 0100.
Place: Aalborg, Denmark.
Coordinates: 56,997791-9.905859
Duration: Not sure.
Shape: Round
Bottom: Grayish mother of pearl, shimmering. Not bright.
Side: Lights alternating as Northern Lights with various colours.
Top: Too big to determine. Vaguely illuminated.
Sound: None
Size: Approx. 600 meters in diameter.
Weather: Overcast, cold, mist.

It is amazing what google can do. Had I had it back then I wouldn’t had have to physically go back to measure the size.

So this occurrence, took place on one of my drives home from sitting with Mom at the hospital, she practically lived there so I would stay as long as I could before driving home to check on Dad. This to explain my intimate knowledge of everything going on at night in the sky.
There isn’t much else to look at at night on an interstate.
I could set my time on the nearby airports flights, I knew their directions. I could fairly well determine the craft type by its lights, whether it was from the military base, close by, or a civilian. All just trivial pass time.

Having driven approx. two kilometers from the inner city off ramp, I saw to my right a plane and made a double take seeing how low it was and the speed with which it approached, slowly. My brain told me there were no flights in route at this time of day, log it and go home, my damned curiosity told me to get out and look.
Curiosity won.
I had the good sense not to park on the road but drove my little Honda Civic to the entrance of a nearby up-ramp rest area, got out and stared up at what ever it was now almost right above me. It moved so I was directly under its center.
I just stared and thought this was nuts and why the fuck am I alone. I looked around to see if there were other vehicles, nada, then I looked around for land marks.
I have a weird tendency to focus on shape, size, distance and time, silly details.
I noted where it seemed to “end” and then just observed it, for how long I don’t know.
It moved away slowly, passing closely over the power-lines beyond the road, it was then I could observe “a top”.
It continued beyond them and then just vanished into a dot of light.
I recall being so pissed that I was alone, stubbornly I noted the place I where thought it’s edge was and exactly where I was, intending to measure it later and drove on, promising my self I would never tell any one or report it. It was too crazy.
I looked at the time, halfway home, some sixty kilometers, irritated about the delay, and guess what? No time had passed since I noticed time when I parked.

Only two others I know have listened to my account. After this I just plain stopped exploring “The Outer Dimension” as a fun pass time; nothing could compare.
I wasn’t a tin-foil hatter, but I assumed “something” had to be out there, so I “investigated” and then I stopped, just like that. Never engaged in other than superficial conversation to any one about UFO’s again.

Make of it what you may, but please lend your opinion and perhaps one of your wonderful artist can make an image that resembles what I saw.
Nothing I have searched on-line has ever come close.
Thank You for reading. I post it here because I really want to share this in a safe place.
There are a couple of twists to this you may find intriguing. If you would like?

WIS tinywondering tinybiggrin

Messages In This Thread
One night 1988 - by WalksInSilence - 03-12-2020, 09:44 PM
RE: One night 1988 - by Mystic Wanderer - 03-13-2020, 01:16 AM
RE: One night 1988 - by WalksInSilence - 03-25-2020, 11:24 PM
RE: One night 1988 - by Wallfire - 03-26-2020, 02:13 PM
RE: One night 1988 - by Mystic Wanderer - 03-26-2020, 05:07 PM
RE: One night 1988 - by Ninurta - 03-13-2020, 04:29 AM
RE: One night 1988 - by WalksInSilence - 03-18-2020, 01:56 AM
RE: One night 1988 - by WalksInSilence - 03-14-2020, 01:32 AM
RE: One night 1988 - by gordi - 03-14-2020, 11:52 AM
RE: One night 1988 - by WalksInSilence - 03-18-2020, 02:33 AM