Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Woman’s Survival Garden Seized and Destroyed by Authorities
(08-23-2017, 03:15 AM)Spirit Scribe Wrote:
(06-28-2016, 03:10 AM)senona Wrote: They claim they received a "complaint"

Um, can they do that, destroy one's property that is within the city ordinance code, over a supposed complaint???

Are you kidding? An entire nation's history is being erased because of a complaint!

I have seeds from our gardens back years ago, and I don't even know if they will grow or not, but I keep hoping someday I can have a chance to find out.

I'm betting it was the codes that govern how your yard looks that got her livelihood destroyed. If your grass gets too high here where I live, they stick a sign in your yard that says "VIOLATION OF CODE."  Not sure what the fines are, as I live in an apartment. All the yard decisions are up to the guys who get paid to mow. Of course, when they trim bushes I'd rather they not make them look dead for about three months from cutting them back so far!!! When I had a yard and landscaping, you couldn't tell when I trimmed my bushes. I made sure no bare branches were longer than the new growth I left. It gave the bushes a much softer, natural look instead of the "low-flying helicopter" approach!

Speaking of codes/ordinances --- not sure if It's the Parish or State but here in Louisiana there are laws on the books stating "no inoperable vehicles" allowed on property. It doesn't matter if it is private property or not either.

We live in a 5th wheel & stay at RV park. A while back our F350 truck quit running and we've run out of monies to go any further for the time being, trying to get it to run again. Where it sits is mostly gravel but there are a few patches of grass sprouting up. The guy who cuts the grass complained and we were given a 3 day warning before city came &towed it.

So we go to Lowe's and buy a cheap $30 electric weed eater. We got some people to help push the truck so I could cut the sparse grass under it. 
And the guy on loan mower who helped push it back when I got done come to find out,  was the one who made the complaint.

Needless to say, we haven't heard anything else about the truck. Not yet anyway.
And yes, I got my weed eater on ready. Ha

Nothing like being forced to put vehicle in storage paying out extra money.
However, one of my co-workerz who lives in MS. said if need be, we could have it towed to their place. Said they don't have that crazy law to worry about.
(We're on the MS/LA border )

Our friends on the north side of town, who have lived there for over 30 yrs without any hassle, have been fighting the city officials for 2 yrs now. Paying fines and lawyer fees.

It's crazy any more, or at least around here anyway.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
RE: Woman’s Survival Garden Seized and Destroyed by Authorities - by senona - 09-02-2017, 05:03 AM