Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
UN military vehicles seen rolling down Virginia interstate
Interstate 81 runs just east of here.

Virginia is chock full of military bases. Norfolk Naval Base, Langley AFB, Yorktown NWS, Fort Eustis, Little Creek Amphibious... and that's just the ones around the mouth of the James River. Quantico. Fort AP Hill... the list goes on and on. Depending on turns they made after Lexington (assuming they're going southbound), they could be hauling them to Bragg in NC, or any one of the dozens of bases in that state.

Since the US provides the lion's share of support for the UN, it's not surprising that we provide a lot of troops and equipment to them, too. This is likely just more of that - my guess is there's another "peacekeeping mission" in the near future for our boys, and I'll bet dollars against donuts that it's somewhere around Syria.

Not gonna worry about these until I see them rolling down the street WITHOUT the transport trucks.

BTW, the OIC is no more a UN body than ANZUS is - most of the members are UN, but that doesn't make other organizations those members may belong to UN as well. That's like saying the bowling team is AFL-CIO because a couple of the guys on it are in unions.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: UN military vehicles seen rolling down Virginia interstate - by Ninurta - 06-27-2016, 04:28 AM