Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Exciting? You bet ! It took 53 years...
(06-17-2016, 12:26 AM)rickymouse Wrote: About thirty years ago I was heading to town from the camp to see if anyone was out that I knew.  It was about twelve thirty at night.  A huge fireball flew from in back of the truck and over towards town, disappearing over a hill.  I thought it was smaller and lower, but it was actually high and hit in Canada about four to five hundred miles away.  When I got to the bar, nobody had seen it and they thought I might be a little spaced out.  The next day when I mentioned it everyone looked at me like I was nuts.  Three days later there was an article about it in the local paper saying it had gone right over town and crashed in Canada.  The article said nobody had seen it.  I carried that article around for about two weeks showing people I was not seeing things that weren't real.  I heard of nobody that had seen it, it lasted for half a minute and lit up the snow all around. 

I suppose it was twelve thirty at night on a cold and snowy weekday night.  There was no such thing as facebook back then and nobody had camera phones.

Cool stuff ! But even with a camera phone...by the time you realize what it is and think whoa cool...it's gone : )

I am actually surprised to see that quite a bit of people have seen one. Neat !!
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
Exciting? You bet ! It took 53 years... - by Sol - 06-15-2016, 03:56 AM
RE: Exciting? You bet ! It took 53 years... - by Sol - 06-17-2016, 12:50 AM