Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Does anyone use essential oils???
Hey @"Ninurta" , gosh I miss reading your posts. LOL

Quote:I eat onions to control blood pressure, and at my age it ought to be through the roof (especially considering the amount of pig and other cholesterol-laden stuff I wolf down), but it usually rides around 90/122, so I'm not in danger of exploding like an over-ripe grape anytime soon. Onions and garlic are both good for the blood, and about everything connected with it.

I recall reading something about that a while back and thought along with controlling blood pressure, maybe it would also keep the vampires at bay.  

Seriously tho, very good health benefits indeed.

I don't eat as much onions as I used to since Jim's appetite has changed, but luckily my blood pressure is not bad either.

Quote:Well, I've got 3 bitty little bottles of essential oils that my son sent to me for some malady or another, but I've never used them... never could figure out HOW they are supposed to be used. I've also got one of those hickey-doos - I dunno what you call 'em... aerator, vaporizer, steamer... whatever the hell it is, but I've never been able to figure that bugger out, either. I guess the oil goes into it somehow, magic happens, and I'm healthy again, but just how that's supposed to happen is beyond my ken.

The internet, for all of it's vast knowledge, was no help at all in figuring them out. About all I could gather from hours of research was that I shouldn't feed certain ones to my cat. Something about toxicity and cat livers. The word "toxicity" in connection with them was not very inspiring, though.

So I HAVE them, but have never USED them through lack of knowledge.

Well, I'm fixin' to find out if there is any truth to the use of EO.

I finally did find that one website that explains what each one does, how to use it and what you can mix it with.
They even have some for dogs.  tinysurprised
Go figure.

My dog can settle for ACV in his water. He ain't gettin no damn fancy EO.

Quote:I prescribed valerian root for Grace's back pain. She uses it, and says it works. that's to be expected, I suppose, since valerian root is where they got valium from originally, and valium is used to control muscle spasms in the back that produce pain. Valerian root can be got at Walmart in capsules. Arnica, as a topical gel, works for back pain, too. I rub it on for Grace a lot, and it works. You can get it in tubes at Walmart.

Good to know I can get it at Walmart.

BTW, how is Grace doing? Is her back better? 

Quote:I'll sit and ponder, see if I can recall anything else I've used out of these woods - there has been plenty. I never, ever went to a doctor when I was growing up, I just doctored myself out of the woods. Since then, the only time I've been to doctors was in the event of large wounds, and even then I had to be talked into it, since I am convinced that I can take better care of myself than a doctor can, and cheaper, too. I just about took a finger off with a wedding ring once, and when the boss found me I was trying to cut the ring the rest of the way off with a pair of tin snips - he made me go to the hospital, or else I would have handled it myself. Doc did the same thing I would have - cut the ring off, put everything back where it was supposed to be, and wrapped and splinted the finger. I don't see what I gained by going, but if the boss wanted to foot the bill, that was his prerogative I reckon. The doctor's splint WAS prettier, I guess. 

I've put my own stitches in while folks were screaming at me to get to a doctor - they really ought not to do that, as it affects the concentration, and as a result I've got some scars and mis-matched skin edges where I might not have if they'd let me concentrate on the job at hand.

I know one thing....if I ever get your way to go hiking or what have ya, I'm looking your azz up to be my guide!!

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

Messages In This Thread
Does anyone use essential oils??? - by senona - 01-22-2019, 03:11 AM
RE: Does anyone use essential oils??? - by guohua - 01-22-2019, 04:04 AM
RE: Does anyone use essential oils??? - by senona - 01-22-2019, 06:00 AM
RE: Does anyone use essential oils??? - by senona - 01-22-2019, 06:23 AM
RE: Does anyone use essential oils??? - by senona - 01-22-2019, 06:26 AM
RE: Does anyone use essential oils??? - by senona - 01-23-2019, 03:56 AM
RE: Does anyone use essential oils??? - by guohua - 01-22-2019, 08:11 AM
RE: Does anyone use essential oils??? - by senona - 01-23-2019, 04:04 AM
RE: Does anyone use essential oils??? - by guohua - 01-22-2019, 08:17 AM
RE: Does anyone use essential oils??? - by senona - 01-23-2019, 04:01 AM