Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Affordable Care Act (better known as obamacare)
I'm sorry, but I just don't see the "unconstitutional" part of Obamacare if the individual mandate is gone, which it is. The rest appears perfectly constitutional to me, just to long as congress is not compelling commerce with a private corporation - i.e. an insurance company. Because of that, I worry that this may just be a Trojan Horse to get Obamacare back in front of the SCOTUS and force re-instatement of the individual mandate, thus making it unconstitutional once more.

I still have problems with the government calling a forced insurance program "health care", when it is nothing more than a way to force people to buy insurance from a private company - which has nothing to do with actual "health care" at all. What they need to do is focus on health care and health care providers, place reasonable caps on tort laws that allow folks to sue health care providers over trivialities, and then cap prices for malpractice insurance based upon the new tort reform rules, and THEN place caps on costs for medical procedures based on the new caps for malpractice insurance.... THEN cap medical insurance prices to consumers based on that. It's a logical flow to me that would drive prices down to near reasonable levels.

That will never happen because the insurance companies that wrote Obamacare in the first place have way too much power over government, which technically is already illegal and constitutes the very definition of "fascism", but is a real thing nonetheless.

AND - keep in mind that it was the left that ushered in this particular facet of fascism with their so-called "ACA". So where do they get off forming an organization called "Antifa" which is supposedly anti-fascist?

This onion has lots and lots of layers.
Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Affordable Care Act (better known as obamacare) - by Ninurta - 12-16-2018, 05:46 PM