Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Earth's "Magnetosphere" COLLAPSED in Space April 22 for two+ hours!
(05-20-2016, 02:28 AM)kdog Wrote: If it collapsed, how is it  we can post about it? the grid would have been fried .   Just saying.

The fields do fluctuate and they have dropped or nearly collapsed before. It lasts very brief periods of time, when the fluctuations run to extremes that way. We're betting the odds as residents of this rock....it never happens at that 'magic moment' of a period Earth is enduring a geomagnetic storm. If the two events overlapped, we'd not only had the grid fried....but I believe we might want to physically locate somewhere with feet of soil between us and open sunlight for at least a couple days.

Outside of that tho? I never did get confirmation this even happened...and the data feeds/energy charts showing levels both near orbit and further out did not seem to support this...but then, I didn't put hours into it either. There could be some coverup to make the standard feeds look different ...but why? This isn't a first time event, and it happens. Its a rare thing to see extreme...but it happens.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Earth's "Magnetosphere" COLLAPSED in Space April 22 for two+ hours! - by Wrabbit2000 - 05-20-2016, 02:35 AM