Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Thailand Soccer Team Still Awaiting Rescue From Cave
The soccer team and their coach went missing June 23rd and were found several days later in a cave where they sought safety from a flash flood.
Once inside the cave, it filled with water leaving them all trapped with little space to avoid the water.

Experienced divers have brought food, water, and blankets to the team while they teach the boys how to dive in hopes of getting them out.

[Image: th?id=OIF.6g6I3xOBqEyl9klWf94bEg&pid=15....=342&h=194]

This morning it was reported that a Navy Seal diver died trying to get supplies to the team, showing how dangerous this rescue mission is.

Thank you for your service, Sir. May you rest in peace.   tinycrying

Quote:Pressure is mounting on Thai authorities to bring forward a rescue plan for 12 boys and their coach trapped deep inside a flooded cave in northern Thailand, after the death of a former navy diver and a drop in oxygen levels underground.

Officials initially thought they could keep the boys and their coach in the cave where they are trapped for up to four months, until waters dropped sufficiently for them to be able to walk out.

But the death of a rescue team member, and the realization that oxygen levels have fallen to potentially dangerous levels, appears to have forced a reassessment of the situation.

Thai Navy SEAL chief Rear Adm. Aphakorn Yoo-kongkaew said oxygen levels in the cave had dropped to 15%, a level that one Thai medic said posed a serious risk of hypoxia, the same condition that causes altitude sickness. It was too dangerous to leave the boys much longer, Yoo-kongkaew said, despite the risks involved in attempting to bring them out.

"We can no longer wait for all conditions (to be ready) because of the oppressive situation," he told journalists Friday.
"We originally thought the young boys could stay safe inside the cave for quite a long time but circumstances have changed. We have limited amount of time." He did not say how long they could survive with current oxygen levels, but he said getting more oxygen piped into the boys was top priority.

The SEAL commander spoke just hours after former Sgt. Saman Kunan, a Thai ex-SEAL, died at 2 a.m. Friday (2 p.m. Thursday ET), as he returned from an operation to deliver oxygen tanks to the cave where the boys are located.
The 38-year-old ran out of air while underwater, an official said.

The boys, members of a youth football team, and their coach have been trapped in the labyrinthine cave at the Tham Luang Nang Non complex for nearly two weeks, unable to navigate their way out of a series of narrow passages after floodwaters forced them to take shelter on a rocky ledge.

The huge operation to rescue them involves dozens of Thai Navy SEALs, and experts and volunteer divers from parts of Europe and Asia, as well as Australia and the US. Billionaire inventor and entrepreneur Elon Musk said Friday engineers from his SpaceX & Boring Co. were heading to Thailand to see if they could help.

Read more of this story and watch a video here:  Source

Craig Sawyer, who is an ex-Navy Seal and leads the fight in child trafficking, tweeted this last night. He was a lead diver with the Seals, so I pray he can help. 

Quote:Craig Sawyer ?‏ @CraigRSawyer 15h15 hours ago

I’m smoked after a month of travel & undercover ops here in Asia. Was finally heading home out of Bangkok today, but diverting back to Chiang Rai now to see if there’s anything I can do to help those trapped boys. Was a Lead Diver in SEAL Teams. Maybe I can help. Pray 4 them!

Let's all pray, meditate, or do whatever you do, to lift up these rescue workers, and for the safety of the soccer team getting out safely.

Messages In This Thread
Thailand Soccer Team Still Awaiting Rescue From Cave - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-06-2018, 05:17 PM