Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ghost of WWII?
Quote:I ask everyone, are spirits / ghost real?

I used to be a believer. Now, not so sure.

I do believe that there is a lot of stuff happening in this world for which we have no understanding whatsoever. Like, squat.

Science does try to explain a few things. But some things are just unexplainable. (Is that a word?)

I now have a tendency to believe that in a lack of certitude, we create an alternative which becomes a belief.

We aren't sure there is a God yet it's comforting for many to create one or submit to another that's already "deified".

We aren't sure there is an afterlife but it's comforting to think that we don't extinguish like a match once our lights go out.

We aren't sure there are aliens living or visiting this planet but it's comforting to think that there is because it gives us a sense of being looked after, in case we majorly fuck up.

Spirits and ghosts are comforting as they support our belief that life continues after death.

There IS evidence of a God (or many for that matter), there IS evidence of afterlife, be it heaven/hell, reincarnation, there IS evidence of aliens having visited or visiting us.

And then again, when we scrutinize the evidence, maybe it's our way of thinking that we are important and the center of the universe.

But we are not. I remember seeing that picture of Carl Sagan, so many years ago, a pale blue dot:

[Image: 1*6MUyun4RqF_97NKD05Hj8g.jpeg]

The Universe is HUGE. We've discovered barely 4% and found ziltch. No God, no past civilizations, no aliens.

Makes you think.

That maybe, maybe, we are just comforting ourselves to think that we are not alone and are wishing we live forever.

So, no. Not sure anymore. Boring, isn't it?

But it's the truth the way I see it :)

Don't worry, there is also a strong probability that I got this all wrong but hey....I'm just the "Ghost" in the machine... :)

~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
Ghost of WWII? - by guohua - 04-30-2018, 05:14 AM
RE: Ghost of WWII? - by guohua - 07-22-2018, 06:48 AM
RE: Ghost of WWII? - by Sol - 07-23-2018, 02:47 AM
RE: Ghost of WWII? - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-23-2018, 01:52 PM
RE: Ghost of WWII? - by Wallfire - 07-23-2018, 04:02 PM
RE: Ghost of WWII? - by guohua - 07-24-2018, 04:16 AM
RE: Ghost of WWII? - by guohua - 07-26-2018, 01:42 AM
RE: Ghost of WWII? - by Ninurta - 07-28-2018, 07:02 AM
RE: Ghost of WWII? - by guohua - 07-28-2018, 07:22 AM