Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
A simple flight
Striker tried to find Li and her family, which was an extremely frustrating process.  Finally, just about 6 months later, due to some Embassy contacts, he was able to discern they never made it out of Saigon. Her father and brother had been executed and she had not been seen by any of the remaining intel assets still in Saigon.

There was always the possibility she made it out on some Vietnamese boat but the Pirates and the trip itself was a low percentage shot at freedom. Horror stories of the few survivors who made the trip were enough to make one's blood run cold.

Rape, pillage, and plunder; The Pirates code has not changed and never will. The saying just left out the part where they do not leave witnesses or take slaves...  

For the next three years Striker continued to seek information and then one night in a dream she came to him.

All she said was, "Next life my love, I promise". He woke up and cried like a baby. 

The new year was being celebrated as Striker was surrounded by friends and merry makers. There was a toast offered and everyone raised their glasses. Striker's added to the toast in his mind's voice, "next life my love, next life I promise"...

Messages In This Thread
A simple flight - by 727Sky - 06-02-2016, 04:22 AM
RE: A simple flight - by 727Sky - 06-02-2016, 04:23 AM
RE: A simple flight - by guohua - 06-02-2016, 05:07 AM