Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Civil War ISOT: Mustang Blue (RB2)

Abraham Lincoln stand stoically as he looks over the battlefield..

Black Soldiers with rattlesnake armbands, metal hats, and modified fuerguson rifles stood holding their rifles in the ready.. 

Lt. La'Torrel was eyeing for any threats as he and Lt. Gold whispered to each other..

"My god.. The battle was three days ago, "A man spoke with a midwestern accent.. "Major General Grant.. They are still removing bodies?"

Grant was very quiet as he watched POW's removing bodies entangled in barbed wire.. One of the men in a union uniform lit something having grant closes his eyes, "Senator Wade.. The lit fire in daylight means my boys found .. My soldiers have found Polk's body.."

"Why are those men armed," General McClellan tried to say something about bandaged confederate men?

Grant had a very cold look in his eyes, "Because Mr. Commanding Army of the potomac.. They have to return home.. Those men on the wagons are being sent home. They have signed papers they probably wont respect.. But they will need their rifles to feed their families.. They are to injured to fight.."

Lincoln looked the enemy soldiers leaving in a caravan, "They carry the dead home.." The southerners did not meet Lincolns gaze..

"Part of operation meat grinder.. " Grant watched as the caravan of forty Wagons left, "Those bodies are a message.. The survivors will.."

"You did not have permission to," Grant knocks McClellan on his A$$..

"Do not ever talk to me that way again," Grant stood over McClellan! "I will run you through boy!"

Lt. La'Torrel and Lt. Gold were quickly between Grant and McClellan..

"Pardon me Mr. President," Lincoln did not even respond to Lt. Gold.. "The Lt. colonel has us keeping an eye on all the men.."

Winfield Scott rode up on a horse and got down to the surprise of everyone.. "Ulysses.." Scott did not salute, "You know your own order Major General.."

Several women on horse back with metal hats stayed on their horses..

Grant took a deep breath, "I stand relieved for a week," Grant closed his eyes.. "Winfield.. Make sure that SOB does not call upon me or my household.."

"Take my horse.. I will personally handle clean up," Scott looked at the bodies going by.. "Lt. Gold.. " Scott looked at Grant, "Have the Lionesses on extra watches.." Grant glared, "Again.. Your orders.. Do not argue with the Apothacary.."

Grant just got up on Scotts horse..

Lt. Gold held the reins for the armed woman as she hopped down.. He hopped up and motioned Grant away from the area..

Scott reached down to McClellan as Grant rode away, "I am glad I got here when I did.. General McClellan.. Before you, the president, or the commitee interact with the soldiers we discovered have.. Soldiers heart.. Or as the Mongoose of Manassas called it PTSD.. post tramuatic Stress Disorder.."

"That is bullS#$%," McClellan was mad.. "They are just.."

"PTSD," Stanton had moved to where he did not have to look at the wagons.. "Soldiers heart.. The men returning to the south that may seem healthy.. They have it.."

"Nightmares.. Screams.." Winfield responded, "After the butchery here.. Grant gave the order that at the first signs, those men are to be treated.. I now know why.."

Senator Wade looked at the men returning home, "Lt. La'Torrel.. How many suicides? Since.. Since this.."

"None," Lt. La'Torrel took a deep breath.. "Its a weight on ya.. Wont leave.. Those boys screaming as they .. They just kinda tried to get out of da metal briar patch.. Fo yo ask.. Those men going home.. in the first Caravan.. All have soldiers heart.. Aint never gonna be the same again.. We sent instructions for treatment.."

"So the southerners have to treat their own," Senator Wade narrowed his eyes.. "Tales will spread.. Further destroying morale I see this.. Now, Instructions for treatment?"

"Spending as much as the enemies resources as possible.. While spending as little as ours," Winfield responded quieting Lt. La'Torrel.. "As for the Lionesses.. I have to have them.. They are serving as nurses and security for the medications.."

"We do need to talk about, "General McClellan spoke.. "I can live with the negro serving as.."

Scott got between McClellan and the silent female with Lt. Bars, "General McClellan.. One more time.. You do NOT interact with any soldier in this command till you are quallified.."Scott was not nice.. "We have lost about ten percent of our troops to Soldiers heart.. Another Ten percent enjoyed it.. I will not protect you if you do not restrain your mouth.. If you must down grade the troops here.. Do so in private away from their ears!"

"I will have you.."

"Enough George.. These soldiers have done more then I expected possible.. Winfield may we get a tour of the base camp.. " Lincoln watched as bodies were still being untangled from the wire, "I think everyone here gets the point over what happened.. I take it General Scott that Grant.."

"Mandatory process mr. President.." Scott seemed to have a far off look as the wagons full of bodies went by, "Grant will be fine in a day or two.." Lincoln looked at General Scott, "Yes sir I will be relieved in about two to three days.. Colonel Sherman will be commanding.. I am an old man and can hang on a few more days.. I am avoiding the Apothacoary man and the d@#$ medicine man like the plague.. I then will follow this procedure myself.. Then we will rotate Sherman out for a week.."

"You should be preparing to follow," McClellan stepped back from Scotts glare..

"With all due respect .. McClellan.. We cant follow up because of the Trent Affair as it is being called.." Scotts statement drew wide eyes from every one.. "Especially if the intelligence we got about the death of the British ambassador is true."

"You were relieved you old," McClellan raises his voice..

Stanton put his hand on McClellan's shoulder, "A week off sounds good.. General.. You might consider it yourself.. I am now considering it for me.."

McClellan took the hint with hate in his eyes..

"General McClellan," Senator wade looked General Scott in the eyes.. "General Scott is trying to tell you politely shut the F#$% up.. General Scott.. I take it the reason your not pursuing, besides the damage done here neuters the rebels, is because you have to prepare.."

Scott nods and says nothing, "The army of the Tennessee will greet them the same way.. Giving McClellan time to prepare last minute defenses."

"Senator.. They had the chance to end the war out in..." McClellan stops cold as what is being said dawns on him, "Mr. President.."

"I need to speak with Lt. Colonel O'Grady," Lincoln inhales as he moves away from looking at the wagons going by. "Privately.. With Stanton and Senator Wade.. General Scott please arrange for that.."

The people in the streets looked at the men who just exited parliment..

"Why are they not happy.. We will be teaching the United States a lesson, "A well dressed man spoke.. "You there.."

Everyone stopped and looked at the man, "The fools.."

An american burst out laughing.. Turning and looking at the british man, "God save the queen.. Mr. Prime Minister.. God save the queen indeed."

"Mr. Seward.. " The Prime minister saw the look of fear in the people eyes, "We have declared war.. You will be allowed to return home.. We have notified The Confederate States of America that we have voted to recognize them.."

One of the wide eyed kids looked in fear at the Prime Minister..

"Give him a paper.. I will pay for it," Seward was all smiles..

The young boy hands the prime minister a copy of the paper..

"Son.. The yanks will need," The Prime Minister goes wide eyed.. "My god.. This.." He flips through the paper as several other members of parliament are reading the same paper.. All of them are looking up at him, "President Lincoln.. Has.. Has ordered the butcher of Belmont, The Mongoose of Manassas, To prepare the northern defenses.. This casualty report cant be right.. Two companies worth of men.. Cant destroy four army groups.. Thirty thousand prisoners taken.. Mr. Ambassador.." Prime Minister Temple called out, "You cant seriously think you can beat the British Army..

"..Dont count your chicks before they're hatched.. Or your work until its done.. Remember yes, remember long.. The battle of bull run .. We said wed run em to atlanta, and to galveston bay.. Cept for The mongoose being there," Seward is singing off key.. "the rebel army would have ran us back to Washington.. And Philidelph i a.. "

Several members of parliment look at the prime minister and then at the US Ambassador, who ignored the prime minister. He got inside his carriage singing.

"Lincoln is calling for volunteers for the western defenses," The Prime minister looks at the papers.. "Irish recruitment has tripled.. Plans to raise 4 Negro divisions are being executed.." Anger passed through the Prime Ministers eyes, "What does this O'Grady mean.. That he will be ready before the British troops set foot on US soil.. Their is no way the United states can.."

Seward looks at the prime minister as a member of the royal guard interrupted, "Mr. Prime Minister.. Her Majesty wishes to speak with you.. NOW! "

The Prime Minister saw slowly as the members of Parliment all turned around and walked back in with the papers in their hands

"Let her majesty know.. I will of course speak with her.. I will come immediately," The Prime Minister saw anger in the face of the men returning to parliment..

Several people were gathering as the papers were being read to people..

"One 'undred eight soldiers did this.." A man with red hair spoke surprised, "It's a lie.. De' Colonies are fightin 'mong themselves. You bein' fools.. The British empire will crush dem.. My grand daddy served.. It is about numbers, he'd called these fancy words.. Wit full of lies.. The Confederates generals were the best trained.. General Lee himself siad no on command of the colonial army.. Because they cant win!"

The Prime Minister smiled and spoke out, "Who are you son?"

The man frooze for a second, "Mister Minster.. Sir.." Bowing his head, "Louis O'Malley.. " Looking down, "Mama was .. Was a worker for the french embassy.. Got pregnant by one of the ambassadors .. Gran tossed her out cuz to many mouths to feed.. She died a few years ago, followed by mum.. I was hoping to take me last bit of coin and try to earn a little more.. Sir Mr. Minister.. I would like to join the British army as an officer.. If we gonna go to war with the Colonials as Mum called em, only chance I got to make sum thin of me 'self.."

The Prime Minister smiled, "Go keep telling them about why the Colonials wont win.. Stop by my office later.. Do a good job and you might find yourself with sufficent coin. Found out for me where this came from.." After a pause, "Sub-Lt. O'Malley.."

"Mr. Prime Minister," O'Malley turned and started taking the papers.. "It is lies.. "

"Hey.." The prime minister watched as O'Malley stopped..

"I will buy them form you.. If you tell me who gave them to you," O'Malley spoke quickly..

The Prime Minister whispered to the guard, "Send some men with him.." The Prime minister spoke as he walked away with the guard..

O'Malley grabbed the boy selling the papers and whispered, "Have they left yet.."

"Let me go.. I honest," The kid yelled.. Whispering, "not yet they are talking.."

"So.. That is the name of the man selling the papers," O'Malley set the kid down.. Taking out some coins, "Go.. get some food .. disappear and say nothing.. Or I will draft you into the British Army.."

The Prime Minister watched the kid run away, "Go with him now.. Sub. Lt. I want that man alive.."

"Yes sir," O'Malley hid his smile as he looked at two people in the crowd..

One of the men hid his smile as he yelled, "How do you intend to defeat the Mongoose? He slaughtered six confederate regiments!!"

The other man on the other side called out, "I heard it was seven regiments.. "

O'Malley narrowed his eyes, "You got fight.. Why aint you in the Army sir?"

The Prime minister smiled evilly and walk away..

Messages In This Thread
RE: Civil War ISOT: Mustang Blue (RB2) - by Armonica_Templar - 05-06-2018, 05:04 PM