Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Civil War ISOT: Mustang Blue (RB2)

"Brigadier General Grant," A man spoke quietly.. He handed Grant a paper, "The mongoose of Manassas has requested a transfer for all of Company X to your command.."

"Mr. Stanton," Grant took a deep Breath.. "The Mongoose of Manassas.."

"A problem has arisen.." Stanton took a deep breath, "Brigadier General Buell and the Major do not get along.. Major McClane has .. Well disciplined several of the General's men.. And.."

"The rumor.. He had General Buell horse whipped," Ulysses S Grant laughed.. "It is pure insubordination.."

"Their is no evidence.. Company X was out on a night raid of General Albert Johnston's raiders.." Stanton sipped a drink, "When he was .. Was accused.. Him and his men and been out in the field for tree days.."

"So the accusation was false.. Wait their his men.." Grant took a deep breath, "He.. He disobeyed orders and engaged Johnston.. Cant be guilty of horse whipping a general and disobeying orders by attacking thirty miles away at the same time.."

"Not to mention several.. " Stanton took a deep breath, "He is publically accusing General Buell of incompetance of office.. Orders him telling McClane that his company could not survive an engagement with all the forces under AS Johnston's command.. Found on the body of a dead runner by a muckraker."

"I read them.. After he marched back to base camp." Grant took less then a second, "I will take him.. And his company.."

"Thank god.." Stanton took a deep breath shaking General Grant's hand.. Stanton paused, "You read today's paper didnt you?"

Grant moved a book over a newsprint, I havent had a chance to read it yet.."

"Really General," Stanton narrowed his eyes.. 

"General McClellan making peace and having Buell and McClane shake hands at a public event.. The he can be heard saying he wished he had five officers that cold fight like the Manassas Mongoose this war would be over.." General Grant grinned, "And then the Manassas Mongoose named five officers who could fight better then him.. A unknown brigadier general.. Station currently in Cario.. Havent read it.."

"Apparently neither has Sherman, Berdan, Sheridan, and Thomas all have accordingly told people its the first they heard of it.." The Secretary of war shook his head, "And you.. Were at the top of the list.."

Grant just smiled..

"Privately.. The major told me that he had heard you had a plan.." Stanton took a deep breath, "He heard through this so called grapevine.. A meat Grinder approach you were working on.. Something about the south not having the same man power level we had.. "

Grant hid his cluelessness, "I.. I have no clue had he had heard of that..  I am working on several plans.."

"I ran it past Lincoln.." Stanton lowered his voice, "Let me know when you have the outline finished.. The mongoose said it was just a series of thoughts.. But the President wants it quietly finished.."

"I will.. " Brigadier General Grant stuck his hand out, "When does my new major arrive.. "

The sound of Dixie filled the air as soldiers marched..

Grant stuck his head out of a window..

He was greeted by a cadence, "Each dixie boy must understand.. That He must mind his uncle sam.."

Grant chuckled, "I take it Buell .."

"Signed the order.. Withdrew all the charges.. Claimed he was delirious from the assualt by confederate spies," Stanton smiled.. "So Sad he hated losing such a great officer.. But The western front was just as important.."

"Private Andrew O'Grady," The young man was being held up by a camp whore.. "I.."

"Great Grandpaw.. Drunk F#$%ing rat bast#$d.." Major McClane stopped cold as he was walking by.. He turned around and walked straight over, "Private Andrew Jackson O'Grady.. Of pensacola Fl!!" Wide eyed, "And you.. Susan Franklin Washngton.. God F#$%ing D@#$.." Looking at the private, "You are only god D@#$ thirteen years old.. What the F#$% do you think you are doing.. Running away from home to join the god D@#$ Confederate Army..  What is your mama goin' to say when she finds out her only boy ran away.. You .. This aint no god D@#$ fight for children.."

Everyone is quiet as the private narrows his eyes, "Mongoose of Manassas.. Cousin .. You..  Youse look like What I remember of.. Uncle Saul.. No.. his boy mama talked about.. holy S#$%, cuss liek uncle saul.. The D@#$ mongoose of manassas is my first cuz.."

"Private.. You are hereby discharged from the F#$%ing Confederate army," Major McClane grabbed the boy by the ear.. "Second Lt. Trane.. Take this boy to my personal tent.. He has an infection that has to be treated immediately.. You are god D@#$ benched boy.. Nana O'Grady will tan your F#$%ing A$$!!"

A lt. Colonel Was not to happy, "He is a prisoner that.. "The Lt. Colonel frooze as The majors men spread out, "I will report this.."

With a big smile, "Mrs. Washington.. You aint but sixteen.. Go take care of my Cousin.."

A confederate officer with Captain's bars step forward, "Major.. I can not let you.."

"Captain Stanley Tillman.. Of the Laruel hill Tillmans.. You stupid florida boys," Major McClane shook his head.. He stopped and turned towards the Lt. Colonel.. "That makes you Lt. Colonel Bollan.. Of the whatever pennsylvainia.."

The Lt. Colonel Paused and swallowed hard..

Major McClane slapped the Lt. Colonel to the ground, "You stand relieved of duty.. I hereby assume command of this prisoner camp.."

From the ground, "You will hang for.."

The Lt. Colonel gets a boot to the ribs, "Captain Tillman.."

"You're.. You're Audy's boys.. Why the F@#$ are you fighting for," Tillman himself is hit in the gut..

"Call me a F#$%ing Yankee boy.. For the record.. You will begin and end every sentence with Major," McClane spoke loudly with his men in arms spreading out.. "Let me be clear.. This is a prisoner camp.. You behave as military men.. In Accordance with the standard rules of war.. Captain Tillman is.. If memory serves, the highest ranking Confederate officer.. Presently.. "

Lt. Gold took a deep breath, "Major.."

"Get them some food first.. I want our doctors checking them.. In ten minutes they will be stripped, shaved, and bathed.. I am not going to have disease, lice, or any of the other crap.." Major McClane reached a hand down, "Captain Tillman.. You and your staff will be held responsible for all your mens actions.. " Looking at the men, "Lt. Gold.. Dig up whips for the Captain and his staff.. Second Lt. Georson.." Major McClane looks at an officer missing rank, "and Tobbs.. Yall and of your men are now my prisoners.."

Taking the major's hand shaking it, "You are definately Audies boy.. Major.. Our sick and wounded are back there.. Sir.."

Several of the lower level enlisted are whsipering..

"Major.. No wonder we got whupped.. One of our own.. At least we werent beaten.."

"Captain.. I am an American by birth.. Southern by the grace of god.." Shaking his head, "Lets get your men cleaned up.. You Will maintain discipline among your men or I will.."

"Grant will hang you for this," Lt. Colonel Bollan growled..

"These men are our brothers.. Misguided fools, but still our brothers.. This war is not over slavery.. It is over the rule of law.. "Major McClane gets pissed and kicks the Lt. Colonel.. "I will hang you for the theft of supplies Grant assigned to you for prisoners.. Making me have this D@#$ arguemnet!!"

"O'Grady," Captain Tillman pushed Major McClane back.. The Captain saw Major McClane freeze, "You are definately Audies boy.. MAjor.. Even among the union troops their are rules.. Lt. Gold.. He comes from a long line of disrespectable men.. Worst of the lot.. I wish I had a hundred of em right now.. Roles id be reversed... O'Grady's.. They are known fighters in several counties.." Captain Tillman Chuckles, "I will take the Lt. colonel as a prisoner.. Till Grant comes down and gets him.."

Pissed off, "F#$% you.." Major McClane shakes his head, "The first Camp inspection is in One hour.. I am going to check on Gr.. On Private O'Grady!!"

Lt. Gold hides his chuckles.. After the major is out of earshot, "Captain Tillman.. The O'Grady's?"

"Imagine a florida water moccasin mated with a Texas Rattlesnake,"Captain Tillman shook his head.. "Lt. Gold.. The O'Grady's are either complete church folk or Ruffins.. Never imagined I would see both in one O'Grady.. I will need those whips.."

"Yes sir," Susan swallowed hard.. "Mr. Brigadier General Grant.. "

"Now.. " Looking at the bandaged Private, "You will listen to my wife.. Ms. Washington will be your tutor. With Help from the widowed Mrs. Greene." Grant chuckled at the half dressed Susan, "Now.. You are no longer a private in the confederate Army.."

A pissed off look crossed Andrew O'Grady's face..

Grant snapped his finger and was handed a newspaper..

Slowly trying to read the head line, "Mongoose of Manassas is a Flor.. Flo.."

The Matronly Mrs. Greene walked over.. She took the newspaper, "The injun Medicine man and that china man acupuncturist said no stress.. Your body is healing.." pulling up a chair as she set her ruler down, "Susan.. Please read this for the General.. "

Susan slowly read the article out loud..

"The word was relieved," Brigidier General Grant spoke..

"Propaganda Mrs. Greene," Andy spoke.. "Cuz wasnt relieved.. Thats where the enemy attacks via words.."

"Close enough Andy for now.. " Mrs. greene smiled, "Major McClane.. Well apparently Major O'Grady has been taking his evenings personally reviewing his cousins education.."

"It is a war of words.." Brigadier General Grant smiled, "Major McClane was relieved of duty.." With a huge smile, "Lt. colonel O'Grady, Audie Jr... Is now running Cario's POW camp.. For Brigadier General Ulysses S. Grant.. As for the crimes.. Well lets say every union soldier cant blame the Lt. Colonel.. For his actions.."

"A pardon.. President Lincoln Pardoned him for any of the crimes he may be accused of.." Susan looks up, "President Lincoln has ordered all Captured Children, wearin confederate uniforms, in union custody, to be declared non- combatants.. Four lashes for their commanding officers.. He is demanding Davis and the Rebel Governors stop sending children into battle.." Narrowing her eyes, "A battle of words?"

"All children found to have illegally joined the Union army.." Grant moves his jaw, "Are being sent to military schools.. In four years they will then be eligible to fufill their oaths.."

Grant walks over to a desk and takes one of the sheets of paper, "Ms. Washington.. Please turn to page four.."

The pages ruffle, "Andrew.. Your.. Your mama wrote you a letter.. It.. It has been published.."

Mrs. Greene reaches over, "General?"

"The Union papers have been running it the second they heard," Grant puts the paper in front of Andrew.. "The British Ambassador has agreed to deliver your letter to your mama in florida.. The one you are writing."

"They involved in it," Andrew looked at the General..

"Your case has become a sore point.. Your Cousin has legally taken custody of you," Grant smiled politely.. "Write your mama.. I am to ensure it reaches the proper people.."

Susan laughs and covers her mouth.. "Your mama aint happy .. Said she has a switch wit your name on it.. From her favorite rose bush.. " Giggling again, "Yo mama said you better listen to your cuz.. Hes family And he has her personal permission to bust yo rear! As needed.."

"So Mrs. Grant is a good christian woman right," Former Private O'Grady spoke coolly. Seeing the General Chuckle, "That was mama's favorite rose bush.. Tol me If I ever crossed a line.. She would take the longest one and tan my hide till she was tired.. She aint no weak woman.. She knocked out my sis Janice's husband wit one punch.. One. He at least two heads taller then her."

Jackson stood their stone faced in the field. 

"Company I.. The Navarro Rifles," A captain spoke angrily as men in confederate uniforms were brought out wearing chains.

"Genr'l Jackson.. Sir.. we.. Why are we in chains... We aint no D@#$ yan," The man speaking is struck by an Angry Jackson..

As the man hits the ground, "You boys are gonna tell me what happened that night in texas.."

Several of the men glared..

"READ the GOD... Read the letter," Jackson ordered..

One of his officers with a pissed off look on his face began reading.. After a few paragraphs, ".. It was bad.. Mama.. The raped and killeded  his mistress.. Then they started rapin the slaves.. Mama.. Cuz said the rapeded the men to.. A mr. Freeman.. Dressed all fancy.. Filled me in on details.. It was worse than that mama.. They killeded babies.. They fed em to dogs.. Cuz put a hole in the wall,  he did not know she had given birth.. Apparently one of the babies wuz .. Wuz Misty Adella McClane.. De.. De' fed our little help.." A tear fell down the man reading its face, "Helpless cuz to da dawgs.. I.. Am ashamed these men are now confederate soldiers.. I overheard they are in  De' did this to one of ours.. And it wuz supported by most of De' men runnin' Texas.."

The men in Company I of the Navarro are all looking down except a few..

The knocked down man had stood back up, "Listen Genr'l.. S#$% happens.. That Bastard was paying SPic's, injuns, Negros and Wumin the same as a white man.. He had dem in charge.. Dat mistress of his was a whore.. She traded her.."

One of the Confederate Privates broke the man's jaw with his rife.. The officers jaw broke and teeth flew out..

"Private," Jackson growled.. "You're in deep S#$%.." Jackson stormed over to the private, "Do you know how hard these rifles are to come by? Next time.." Jackson took the privates fist in his hand, "Use this.. That way yo' weapon aint risked.. "

Jackson motioned for the letter to be read as the private beamed.

The men in the rifle company looked down and wold not meet any of the eyes of the men surrounding them..

After the officer had to stop several times, "I's staying wit Ms. Grant.. I.. Write dis letter myself.. Cuz is doing fine.. Love.. Yo son.. Andrew Jackson O'Grady. "

Letting the letter sink in, "Do you know what you have done.. The CSS has informed General Lee that the letter was leaked word for word.. No alterations.. You do know Jefferson Davis had to separate the Florida Delegation from the Texas Delegation.." The anger came from Jackson, "Reports are that the north has more volunteers then what the know to do with.. Thousands and Thousands of men.. All are volunteering for the Texas front.."

"We gunna hang aint we.." One of the Privates seemed to have all the light leave his eyes," I.. " He tried to attack one of the other chained men, "You got me killed because you had to Rape her!!"

The men with Jackson separated them pretty quickly..

The others all were glaring at each other..

"Probably.. " 

Jackson was interupted when an aide rode up, "General.. Their is.. Is a fight among the officers sir.. It appears.. Sir.. "

"Let me guess.. An officer from florida versus a Texas officer," Jackson shook his head.. Narrowing his eyes, "This is.. They are splitting us up.. I need to speak with the CSS.."

Messages In This Thread
RE: Civil War ISOT: Mustang Blue (RB2) - by Armonica_Templar - 04-24-2018, 05:52 AM