Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Civil War ISOT: Mustang Blue (RB2)

"Mr. President, " A man with a slight northern accent spoke.. "You will see the former Texas Militia Lt. Commander McClane.."

"William Tweed," A very tired man spoke.. "This.."

"Mr. President. It is the man who donated ALL that money.. He stepped forward," Tweed's voice was strong.. "He threatening to support both of our opponents.. He is being.. Has been unreasonable."

The door opened and the Person paused..

"Good morning Mr. Secretary of War.." The man stuck his hand out, "Mr. Cameron.. My request for a commission was ignored..."

Cameron had narrowed his eyes, "You where the .."

"Simon," The tall langley President spoke.. "Let Mr. McClane inside.." The President paused as McClane stepped in.

"Good morning Mr. President," McClanes slight texas accent showed.. With a high and tight of Fed hair with his cover under his arm, "Lt. Commander McClane formerly of the Texas what the F#$% ever.. Reporting for duty and Assignment.. Respectfully request US Army.. Rank of Major."

Lincoln looked at the clean shaven man standng at attention, "Son.." Lincoln sat down and looked at McClane, "You are Irish?"

"Of Scotts Irsh descent Mr. President," McClane then went back to attention.. " 'Merican by birth.."

"You are the man who donated thousands to my campaign in every state," Lincoln looked at McClane.. "Son.. Relax.."

Relaxing, "Mr. President.. The command is at ease.. And yes Mr. President.. I am that man.."

Lincoln Chuckled.. Taking a deep breath, "So I take it your about to tell me how you are going to win this war all by yourself?"

"No sir Mr. President.. I am not a politician.. You know what you are doing," McClane spoke as he stood there. "And no this war wont be won over night..It is going to last years with thousands dead.. Mr. President.."

Lincoln raised an eye brow, "Your .."

"Still a southerner.." McClane spoke clearly, "However my F#$%ing southerners did not want to listen to me.. They burned down plantation.. And two of my factories.. Re-enslaved my employees who I had freed.. My mistress died in the house.. I gonna make sure she has an honor guard in hell Mr. President.."

The Secretary of war raised an eyebrow..

"Keep in mind Mr. F#$%ing Yankee  Secretary of War.. I made sure I supported a few congressmen.. I called up Tweed so I would not be ignored ag.."

Lincoln looked McClane in the eyes, "Major.." Lincoln spoke, "Report into General Scott.." Lincoln wrote something on a sheet of paper.. 

Being handed the piece of paper, "Thank you Mr. President.. Permission to carry on.."

"Carry on Major," Lincoln watched the man nod his head, turn sharply, and walk straight out..

Tweed shut the door with a sigh, "Thank you.. That man is.."

"Mr. President.. He called me a yankee," Simon Cameron was a little pissed..

"Simon.. That man would have left the capitol with a commission.. And I have the feeling his mistress is going to have an honor guard in hell.. Its better that honor gaurd be members of this rebellion.. Not mention he does have allies.. Especially if he spent that much money." Lincoln spoke softly, "I will need to speak with pinkerton.."

Now wearing a modified Major's uniform, McClane walked into the seedy pub..

He looked at the men staring at him..

One of the men walked over, "Theee.. Sign s.. Said no Irish."

McCalne smiled as he slammed the drunk man's head into the table.. The drunk man shook his head and was wobbily.. New boots hit the drunk man in the nuts..

As the man hit the ground, "You are F#$%ing moron if you expect me to believe you can read.. For the record I am Scotts Irish.. " Pulling out a side arm and putting it to the man's head, "Now be a good little piggy and tell your friends who.."

"Leave him the F#$% alone," A big man spoke.. "Sir.. He is just drunk.."

McClane smiled as he watched the man move, "A veteran.. " McClane put his weapon up, "Enlisted.. Good.."

A young woman walked over a little scared.. "Sir," She swallows hard.. "Please do not.."

Pulling a gold coin.. He places it in the girls hand, "Bring me a drink.. An unopened bottle of whiskey.. " Looking at the big man, "Two glasses.."

"Sir.. I do not," The big man watched as as Major McClane sat down.. "Listen.. I am out tomorrow.. I.."

"How would you like to be by NCO?" Seeing the confusion, "I was told the newly demoted Sargent Williams was here.."

The man came to attention, "S#$%.. Major McClane.. We were warned a .."

Half the men in the bar stood up wobbily..

"Dont even try.. We have long god D@#$ way to go.." 

The girl brought the bottle, "Sir I.."

"I am paying the tab of my men for tonight.. I think I am going to end up having to F#$% them up," McClane looked at the men.. "How we ding this? One at a time or are we gonna talk first?"

Several of the men glared as the laughed..

The Major shot the bottle out of one of their hands, "Sargent Williams?"

"Sir," Williams looked at the gun..

"I was aiming for his head," McClane shook his head.. Pouring the drinks, "We all have skills we will have to master.. "

"How F#$5ing bad is it," Williams growled?

Popping the top to the whiskey.. Major McClane poured into both glasses as he motioned for the Sargent to sit down.. When he finished, "Do you know how to ride a horse?"

Sitting down, "You got to be sh#$%ing me.." The Sargent sat down and downed the first shot, "Sir.."

"We are going to be a fighting unit.." McClane held up his hand, "Not for F#$%ing glories.. Not for honor.. We are all soldiers now.. I am not supposed to check in for another day.. So we are going to get you checked out by my personal physician.." Looking at his men, "How F#$%ed did supply screw me?"

Williams looks at the Major, "Sir.." Sargent Williams takes another drink as he starts a ten minute tirade.. To his surprise Major McClane is taking notes on a little pad.. Getting a little worried, "Sir.. Listen I am not.."

"Boys.. Whats say we go find the supply officer.." A pissed off Major McClane shakes his head, "Sargent .. After I get the full list of what that mother F#$%er traded off.." Sitting down, "Young lady.. My men are cut off.. Bring me the tab.. Nobody F#$%ing steals from me.."

Riding up on a horse the colonel was greeted by Armed men.. 

The other men on horse back all came to a stop with the colonel..

A completely shaved bald man stepped forward from a shaded area near the fence, "Goo.. Good morning sir.. Lance Corporal Halloway.. How.. How can I help you? Sir."

The armed men lowered their weapons as only the Lance Corporal Saluted

Coming off his horse quickly, The Colonel paused as he saw the Lance Corporal had not dropped the salute and stood at attention. Returning the salute as he looked at a matronly woman shaking her head, "Lance Corporal? Halloway.. Where is my major?"

"Private O'Malley," Halloway called out.. "Take the Colonel to.."

The Matronly woman popped the Lance Corporal in the ear.. She pointed back to the little podium and narrowed her eyes..

"Yes Mam," The lance Corporal looked down and walked over to the podium..

Several of the officers chuckled..

The colonel handed the reins over to one of the Captains.. He followed to the podium as he watched the Lance corporal open the book.. Removing the lid from the ink as the old woman said nothing.. "Colonel.. Colonel sir.. May I have your name.."

"Halloyway!" The matron called out, "I will not have you mess up my book.. Write the deck log on the spare sheet of paper.."

"Yes mam," The Lance Corporal took a deep breath.. Slowly and diliberately he took a sheet of paper from under the big brown book.. He dipped the pen into the ink, "Private.. what is the time.."

The red headed Private took out a watch, "It.. It is seven thirty three.. in the Am.."

"Good boy," The Matron smiled as she was now holding a ruler..

Several of the officers had joined the Colonel wide eyed..

The Colonel watched as the Lance corporal slowly wrote the time.. 

"Sir.. What is your name," The Lance Corporal was proud..

"Colonel William Tecumseh Sherman.." The colonel watched as the Lance corporal took out a sheet from inside the book..

"Its right here," The lance Corporal excitedly spoke as he went down a cheat sheet.. He started copying the name down slowly, "I found it Mrs. Greene.."

The matron rubbed her eyes with a sigh.. After a few seconds, "Lance corporal.. "

"Mam," the Lance corporal looked up..

"Write down the number.. Then you are supposed to ask," Mrs. Green held her ruler like a weapon?

The Lance Corporal realized Colonel Sherman was staring at him with a raised eye brow.. Quickly he wrote down the number.. Taking a breath, "What is your business here colonel?"

Sherman got annoyed, "Lance Corporal.." Sherman paused and saw the two sentries eyeing him.. Sherman looks at the cheat sheet, "Your recording all entrances into your camp and non important.." Sherman picked up the deck log.. He looked at the few pages, "I will be.."

"Sir," The Captain was nervous..

Mrs. Greene coughed politely.. The sentries went back to staring forward, "My apologies Colonel.. They are learning but.. God bless their little hearts it is slow. They are the brightest among the enlisted sir..."

Colonel Sherman walked next to the lance corporal and read the small print, "Number three.. Lance Corporal Halloway.. Follow your orders and write this down as you were instructed.. Captain.."

"Sir.. Number three.. Follow.. Follow orders," Lance Corporal Halloway spoke.. Write this down as instructed.. Colonel.."

"Colonel," the Captain stepped forward with a confused look..

"He is just  repeating back the orders Captain.. I want you to sit here and go over this with Mrs. Greene," Sherman saw the hitching post on the inside to the left.. "Private O'Malley.. My men will hitch our horses on the inside part.."

"Your men will .. Will.. They park the horses there sir," Private O'Malley repeated back the orders..

Colone Sherman looked at the Captain for a second..

"Sir," the Captain paused.. "Staying here with Mrs. greene.. Going over the deck log.. Colonel.."

Mrs. Green was glaring at the Lance corporal.. She rolled her hands..

"Oh.. COLONEL ON DECK!!! Post three!" Lance Corporal Halloway yelled out, "I repeat.. COLONEL ON DECK!! Post three!"

"Navy.. Colonel Sherman," The Army Captain shook his head?

The Call was repeated quickly throughout the little fenced off encampment..

Colonel Sherman stood and watched as man came moving pretty quickly..

The big man from earlier was also completely missing hair, "Good Morning Colonel.. Staff Sargent Williams.."

The man had a sharp salute, Which the Colonel returned.. "Staff Sargent?" Colonel Sherman shook his head, "Take me to Major McClane now.."

"Taking you to Major McClane now Sir," Williams glared at the two men running up.. The took opposite side of the road behind Colonel Sherman..

Several of Sherman's officers where stopped the Lance Corporal, "I have to write all yall down!"

"Just DO IT," Sherman growled as he turned.. He stopped when he noticed two men by the trees kneeling aiming down the path.. "Staff Sargent williams?"

"They are NOT supposed to be seen sir.." Staff Sargent Williams spoke loudly, "One extra duty a piece.. What if the Confeds where comin down the road.. They would kill you.. Get into the cover.. NOW!!!"

The two men where quickly better positioned..

Colonel Sherman slowly walked as he took in the sights.. 

Stopping down the path he saw two much better men, "What.." He took a deep breath, "Staff Sargent Williams?"

"Colonel?"

"Stay a little closer if you dont mind," Colonel Sherman noticed the men behind him from earlier where carrying their weapons differently.. 

A young officer was carrying several rocks chained to him.. Behind him was a a sargent, "I cant hear you second Lt."

The Second Lt. Stopped in Front of Colonel Sherman, "I will not engage in insubornation.. I was not issued an opinion.. These rocks represent the weght of the men I got killed.. My men are counting on me.."

A switch hit the completely shaved Second Lt. from the Sargent, "I cant hear you.. How the F#$% are you going to give orders if the men cant hear you Second Lt. Tranes?" The Sargent hit him again with the switch on his pants legs, "MOVE!"

"Williams," Sherman asked?

"Working parties do not salute sir.. They work and train," Staff Sargent pointed to the sound of a rucus.. "Major McClane.. Is right over their."

"Ladies it is fine," McClane was getting pissed..

A female voice spoke softly, "Major.. Your writing is attorcius.. You can read and write..But it is ugly.. "

A second female giggles, "Focus Major.. Now where was I.. Yes.. Homer had.."

Colonel Sherman walks into the area.. He sees one young lady with a book stop.."Mam.."

The older female narrows her eyes, "Just because the Colonel is here does not mean you get out of this.." Very sternly,"Lt. Gold.. Please explain to the major that this wont pass.."

Freezng at the sight of the Colonel, "Sir.." Gold catches a glare from McClane, "She s correct sir.. It is barely legible.. You might make a plebe in a few years.. The orders have to be clearly written t be understood.."

Colonel Sherman sees several officers looking up from maps.. 

A Sargent hits them with a switch, "While young Ms. Greene reads the fancy book.. You will keep learning to make maps..  Now back to your cheat sheets."

The officers repeat back the orders and end it with, "Sargent.."

"Colonel," Major McClane takes a deep breath..

"Continue writing your letters Major. The Lt. is correct ," colonel Sherman was smiling.. "I will sit here and watch.. Staff Sargent Williams will fetch the missing Quarter master for me.. Miss?"

"Ms. greene as well Colonel," The more stern sister spoke..

"Writing my letters for the overseer.." McClane responds, "Staff Sargent Williams will grab the thief from the irons.."

"Grabbing the thief sirs," Staff Sargent Williams repeated back as he walked out.

"May I borrow your pupil after the lesson," Colonel Sherman spoke softly? "Ms. Greene.."

"Of course Colonel," Ms. Greene spoke politely..

The sargent waited for the Colonel to sit down.. He placed a sheet of paper in front of the spot at the table n front of Colonel Sherman, "Colonel.. We are practicing drawing the cheat sheets first.. Then we will go to maps.. "

Lt. Gold stepped forwards, "Sir.. Establish a base line of skill.. Then build.. They are required to make maps of the route they took to get here.."

The sargent sits an ink well and a pen in front of the Colonel..

"Thank you sargent," The Colonel looks up.. "This cheat sheet?"

"Its the fancy boys," Several units moved away making fun of the Major's men..

"Sir," Staff Sargent Williams was getting pissed..

"Relax.. We will guard the supplies like we were ordered.." Major McClane smiled as he flicked off the officers on their horses..

"Major McClane, " A man laughed.. "Gaurd the ammo Major.. My father did not forget what you did to my brother.. We are gonna go kill the rebels."

Major McClane smiled, "Go end the war Major.. Before my boys put a bullet in your A$$.."

"We are one the same side.." The Major gave a fake smile, "Do you boys want me to bring you back jeff Davis's hat.."

Major McClane stopped for a second.. "This sounds familiar.. Bring me that map again Staff Sargent.."

Several Jeers came from the departing soldiers..

Lt. Gold walked over, "Sir.. " Rubbing his ring, "I am about to shoot one of them myself.."

"We got the cake duty.." McClane shook his head, "We will let the D#$%A$$es soak up the bullets.." McClane narrowed his as he read the map.. "Why is that D@#$ name familiar?" He looked at the map, "This city.. Manassas.. Manassas Creek.. God I should of paid attention in history.. " After a few seconds, "Bull run.. This is.."

McClanes eyes went wide.. He started singing softly..

"Sir," Lt. Gold spoke..

"Remember long the battle of bull run," McClane sung off key.. "F#$% me.. God D@#$ bullS#$%," McClane growled.. "BattleStations!!"

Lt. Gold shook his head, "Sir.." Gold stopped, "Battlestations!"

"Battlestations," The Lower level officers ordered.. The senior enlisted repeated the order..

"I want a line," Hearing the weapons fire.. "As long as we can get away with.. I want Sharp shooters prepped.. Zulu firing line.. Thank F#$%ing god we got a LOT of F#$%ing Ammo! "

Lt. gold started repeating the orders..

McClane Grabbed Williams, "Staff Sargent.. I want fall back posistions.. Go out two hundred feet.. Light, medium, heavy.. Get those mother F#$%ers to work.." 

The Staff Sargent looked at Lt. Gold, "Sir.. This.."

"Second Lt. Trane.. Change of orders for you.. Your the fastest officer here.. You are running the runners.." Major McClane Grabs the Second Lt, "You keep eyes on the F#$%ing cannon and where the union army retreats to .. Can yu do that.."

"I am in charge of the runners, Keep an eye on the cannons, and.. And where the union army is retreating to," Second Lt. Trane repeats and then starts grabbing runners..

"Major.. Its your first battle sir," McClane looked at the Staff Sargent. ."This is the morning time.. Do what you are F#$%ing told told.. NOW!"

"Fall back positions.. Go out Two hundred yards.. Light, medium, heavy.." Williams was pissed, "SIR!"

"The men may take off the heavy gear.. Get the D@#$ things done.. On guard on the gear.. Speed is important.." Major McClane walked over to his horse.. He took down a case, "Fuerguson.. My boy.. We are going confederate hunting.. I want intelligence reports every ten minutes.."

"Sir," One of the confederate officers spoke.. "One of the Yankee companies has refused to retreat.. Several of the retreating companies have joined.."

Stopping his horse, "What is that?"

"If heavan aint a lot like Dixie.. I dont want to go," Violins reached with the words.. "If heavan aint a lot like Dixie.. I'd just assume stay home.. If they dont have a grand ole oprey, like they do in Tennessee.. Just send me to hell or new york city.. IT'd be about the same to me!" 

The Confederate Brigadier General smiles shaking his head.. "One of the union officers is having his men sing that..

"Brigadier General Jackson.. It is insulting and dishonorable.. They have repelled eight assualts .. One with three combined," The Confederate officer gritted his teeth.. "The Union Army has actually slowed its retreat..The union Canons have.."

"A clear line of escape," The Brigadier General narrows his eyes..  Taking out some papers, "That would be.. The Company guarding the.. That was one of the unions supply lines.. It is like a mountain top.. "

"Sir.. A joint assualt is aiming to break them," The officer spoke.

"The CSS did not have the name of the officers.." Jackson took his horse, "I want to see this.."

Jackson listens as he rides up..

The air fills up with the sound of a rebel charge... Something catches the eye of the Brigadier General.. He thinks for a minute!

"The yankees are finally retreating," The officer smiles.. "Watch the dogs run.. We will be in.

"My god.." Stonewall Jackson digs his spurs in, "HALT CHARGE!!.. HALT CHARGE!!"

Its too late as the first wave falls into a ditch, followed by screams..

Bullets fill the air continuously as Union Fire sweeps the next set..

Jackson charges right into the battle, "RETREAT! RETREAT!"

The battleflag hits the ground.. Several Confederate soldiers try to reach the flag only to be shot..

"GOD," Jackson is thrown from his horse the next thing he knows.. Landing on a dead Confederate soldier, "I.." 

A confederate soldier pulls Jackson down, "Sir.."

"Son.. Cowardice is," Jackson shuts up as a group of about twenty Confederate Soldiers are mowed down by coordinated fire..

"Attach bayonets.. Team Three prepare to advance on the numbers," Major McClane growls..  His orders are repeated up and down, "One and two go to mow the lawn.. We are walking the deck." With an evil smile, "A hundred gold to the man that brings me any texan they find alive.. If it is the man I am looking for.. A thousand gold.. on top of the hundred!"

The order is repeated up and down the line..

Jackson takes a deep breath, "Get ready.."

Second Lt. Tranes voice cuts through the smoke, "MAJOR MCCLANE!!!!.."

"F#$%.. WHAT," Major McClane growls..

"Colonel Sherman respectfully request you bring him his wagons back sir.. And the Colonel also respectfully request you to return the bulk of the Union Army left here, now under your command.." Second Lt. Trane spoke loudly, "Major.. Four more confederate regiments sir.. And then the Confederate Cannons are being positioned.."

"RETREAT," Major McClane growls!! "Execute walkback.."

"We crawl.." Jackson watches as men who stand to high or move to fast get shot..

Jackson and several others are crawling on the ground away from the area, as various orders are executed by the union..

Making it to a tree, Jackson reaches for the tired private.. Pulling him forward as he stayed behind the tree, "Private stay low.." Taking a deep breath, "Private.. I.."

Brigadier General Jackson reaches over and closes the Privates eyes..

Messages In This Thread
Civil War ISOT: Mustang Blue (RB2) - by Armonica_Templar - 04-23-2018, 12:51 PM