Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Happiness is USSB, Layla, Tiki, and me. The beginning
Sky went to a panel in Tiki's lower interior and started doing something with a neural vidcap. I asked him if he was alright and he nodded while saying, “I want to see what happened to a girl”.

Of course Fhaa heard this and suggested he do a virtual sex party and forget the girl ! Sky just made a face at her.

I told Tiki to hang around the area for a while and let Sky do his tacking and investigation of what happened to the girl.

I do believe Tiki would have made a face too if she was able, simply because of the general feeling I got from her.

It did not take Sky long before he was pulling off his vid cap and saying he needed to get back to the station immediately !
He relayed what he saw to us in a mental image of what had transpired since he was brought back aboard Tiki.

Sky's newest girl had continued to run down the corridor and had ran directly into a gang of guys heading to the bar to help their four friends. One of the guys in this group had grabbed the girl by the hair and was dragging her back to the bar.
Their intent was to kill her inside the bar as she was the sister of the guy they were sent to kill. All this might be confusing without names but it is the best I could come up in the telling of this tale.

“Sky, I just watched an entire village decimated by some soldiers a few light years away and did nothing because that is our directive. Now you want to go and save a girl you know almost nothing about”.

“I looked into her heart and mind father so I know more than you give me credit for”.

Fhaa asked, “ I would like to know, when did you have time for any soul searching? It looked like your eyes and your mind were locked on her body and face not particularly the beauty of her heart and mind”!

This must have been a face day, for Sky just made a rolled eye face at Fhaa.

“O.K you two figure out what you are going to do as Layla and I will sit this one out on Tiki and act as back-up if you need it”.

I figured Sky would want to go back inside the station as first suggested for he really had the spirit of an in your face fighter, but he surprised me, when he requested for Tiki to use her tractor beam and get the girl free from the clutches of the guy dragging her. Using USSB technology Tiki could make any solid object as transparent as the clearest glass plus could transfer anything through walls and other solid matter living or otherwise. Our technology could manipulate and control matter all the way down to the fundamental elements of any atom or atomic structure, thus we never had to worry about our next meal or where we would get fuel or building materials as long as there was some type of matter laying or floating around in the universe.

I really do like the flavor of a certain dino tail charcoaled to a golden brown for a snack or even a full meal. Tiki can make that for me before I even finish thinking about it. Hey I am a meat eater and proud of it...... even if the meat is made out of matter I might not want to know the name of.... or where it came from.. Taste good...I like it...end of story...

Back to the station:

Tiki complied by opening a portal for viewing and snapping the guys arm into like a broken tooth pick. He screamed like a little earth girl while trying to grab his now dangling broken arm. Sky's girl, now having been released, ran back in the direction she had been intending to run in the first place.

Two other members of the gang heard their buddy scream in pain and as they turned around they saw the girl running. They already had their blasters out and both fired simultaneously at the fleeing girl's back. Tiki caused the blaster bolts to veer off target with USSB tractor beams before either shot could reach the girl's flesh. Having been missed with the blaster bolts our damsel in distress ducked around a corner and was running for her life once again. Unfortunately she discovered it was a blind alley with an airlock to the outside and the void of space. With no way out except by the way she had entered she found concealment behind some crates at what was evidently a double door loading and unloading airlock..
In the mean time the two guys who had fired the shots (after a brief moment of looking at their Blasters) started running after the girl.

Sky told Tiki to place him just behind the guys pursuing the girl and in an instant he was within arms length of both guys with his body floating just above the floor in pursuit. Since they were running as hard as they could Sky could have given a slight push from behind and both of them would have been off balance enough to fall flat on their faces but instead he painted a mental picture in both their heads of two concealed snipers at the end of the next corridor just waiting for them to round the corner and come into view . They both slowed and came to a full stop.

The girl having ducked behind the crates was presently out of sight but if these two rounded the corner and came another 40 steps closer, they would see her.

The smaller of the two looked at his partner and said, “Let's get back to the bar” and they both spun around after apparently losing all interest in the girl. Sky had anticipated this and had been taken out of sight straight through a bulk head to the right of his earlier location where he ended up in another station's storage area.

As the two males exited and made their way back to the bar area Sky had Tiki place him on the hallway's flooring a few steps from the girl's hiding place.

“Suprawn you do not know me but I am here to help you get away from these men before they can hurt you. You can come out now for they have gone back to the bar”.

She stood up with eyes still wide with fear and started to ask, just who exactly Sky was, but he flooded her mind with images of his sister, mom and Dad and his worry for her welfare.
She stepped back (almost fell over would be a better description) as she asked him, “Wow, how did you do that”?

“I can do much more, but we need to get out of this corridor before your new enemies decide to return”.

Sky took Suprawn's arm, which she willingly submitted, as he started them moving down the corridor. Tiki sent a new warning that three new guys were returning to the corridor so Sky pulled his dagger an fingered 12 steps on the distance wheel.

I did not like the way this was developing so I told Tiki to bring them both on-board.
Using a tractor beam bubble and with USSB's technical ability to manage matter all the way down to an atom's basic elements Sky and Suprawn were back on board Tiki before I had hardly finished my thought.

To say the girl was slightly confused would be an understatement but we all sent warm welcomes to her mind along with full measures of kindness and concern for her well being.

I focused on her mind wanting to know more about this new arrival.

Suprawn was the sister of the local barrister or prosecutor for the station's legal department. She was also a rather important legal assistant to the station's government. She was about 26 years old in earth time and in spite of having a pretty face and I must admit great shaped body she was very smart and possessed a well above average ability to memorize and remember what she read or saw. Back on earth we called those who could do such a thing as having a photographic memory.

She was worried about her brother and I asked Tiki to turn a wall into a replay of the bar scene. Drawing from memories of Suprawn and those who had been in the bar Tiki put on quite a show.

The 4 guys had entered the bar, Sky and Fhaa had exited. Some of Suprawn's brother's bodyguards had recognized two of the four and without hesitation had opened fire killing two of them almost immediately. Suprawn's brother had been thrown to the ground by one of his bodyguards and protected throughout the whole shooting match. Station security had shown up just about the time the smuggler's reinforcements had arrived back at the bar and the resulting fire fight had left all but two dead; which were now in the station's custody.

The relief in Suprawn's mind was total after seeing a replay of what had transpired in the bar while she was hiding behind the crates in the airlock's corridor.

Tiki popped up a table and some form fitting chairs for us as I suggested we all have a seat and have something to drink and eat. I got no arguments.

We ate (what back on earth would have been called finger food) while we let Suprawn ask questions. We all chipped in answering her honestly and enjoyed her quick wit and sense of self. It did not matter what we told her for we could place a memory block on her when we sent her back to the station. Call it, “a little missing time” out of her otherwise frantic day.
It had been a long time since we had all sat around and actually talked using our mouths instead of our minds. After almost an hour my mouth was tired while Fhaa and Layla were in pain..

I could tell Suprawn liked Sky and was very attracted to his looks and easy going manner/alertness.
Sky for his part always liked a pretty girl but I could tell something about Suprawn had him enthralled for he was not bored and his mouth did not hurt..

Sky's actual voice had a rather melodic baritone sound to my ears.

Young and even old men are so vulnerable around a woman they are attracted to. Oh well, live, experience, and learn..

I verbally asked Fhaa and Layla to help me with a few things so we could leave Sky and Suprawn alone at the table. Actually Sky had been very persistent telepathically telling us to leave them alone for awhile already. I did warn him not to mind trick her into something that did not come naturally and Layla and Fhaa said they would kill him if he did. They seemed to like Suprawn already.

He promised to be a good boy and we left..

CHAPTER

We stayed cloaked around the station for another sleep cycle and then Sky informed us he had been invited to stay with Suprawn for a couple of days at the station.
Layla and Fhaa had no objections and I knew better than to open my mouth other than to say, “You enjoy yourselves and stay out of trouble”.

Sky borrowed some of the station's currency and credits from Suprawn and had Tiki counterfeit a wad of both for himself and Suprawn. Other than the cash and his dagger; Sky left with the clothes on his back and Suprawn doting over him like a mother hen.

A memory block was, “no doubt” out of the question ! However, If things went from great to bad Sky was quite capable of erasing us, Tiki, and his presence in her mind thoroughly.

Tiki sent the happy couple directly to Suprawn's cabin after doing a security sweep and insuring more of the bad guys, who had instigated the bar scene, were not hanging around.

We would be in instantaneous contact with Sky through our USSB chip and even though I was personally worried I kept my mouth shut and my thoughts to myself. Sky really liked this girl.

Sky and Suprawn were gone and as I dealt with my private thoughts, Tiki alerted us to 17 different close by (relatively speaking) stars which were showing promise of primitive and or advanced societies by her best sensor sweeps.
I just told her to “Pick one and lets go”.

When Tiki decides to get someplace you better not blink to many times or you will miss the whole journey !
We entered a 30 degree standard orbit which would allow us to observe and detect just about everything planet side from pole to pole and all in between.

Tiki had selected what most would consider a very primitive (as far as technical development) world for us to check out. The Sentients were basically hunter gathers and spear chuckers with the most advance weapons being variations of a bow and arrow. Weapon development is a great yard stick on a worlds technical development. Sorry that is just the way it is on every world I have seen or read about. Campfires and peaceful brotherly love did not work for Cane and Able so why would anyone think it would work any other place. If you gauged these Sentients development by earth standards their societies would have resembled tribes of hunters living off the land and gathering what plants they could find that were eatable. They were bipedal with two arms and a head and mostly covered in a dark short haired fur in the tropics while the tribes of the northern more temperate zones were mostly covered in a much lighter fur, almost verging on a whitish tan color. There was one small isolated continent where they were losing their fur.... I suppose due to all the time they were spending fishing and swimming in the ocean ? I really do not know the reason for we did not tag any of the inhabitants of this world.

There hair loss could have been due to their diet for all we knew but either way there was nothing to see here worth our time.

We stayed around for 12 orbits as Tiki documented all her sensor sweeps and sent everything back to USSB main. Then we were off to our next inhabited planet.

Luckily this next planet and star system was a little over 23 light years away from it's closest inhabited neighboring star system.

Standard orbit was initiated but this time we remained cloaked for the sentient beings on this world were technically advanced to the stage of mining asteroids and colonizing one of the other planets in this star's solar system.

They were a little over 5 feet tall when fully grown, bipedal, and also covered in fur. Their features reminded me of some artist rendition of a cat person.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Happiness is USSB, Layla, Tiki, and me. The beginning - by 727Sky - 07-06-2016, 02:00 PM