Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
This conspiracy theory tied directly to Tesla- Trump and time travel
False Memory

Quote:Collective false memories[edit]

[Image: 220px-Orologio_strage_bologna.jpeg]

Similar false memories are sometimes shared by multiple people.[url=https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/False_memory#cite_note-:1-26][26]
[27] For example, a somewhat commonly reported false memory is that the name of the Berenstain Bears was once spelled Berenstein.[28][29]

Another reported example is the speech Sally Field gave accepting her second Oscar for her starring role in the 1984 drama Places in the Heart. Field's gushing acceptance speech is widely misremembered and has since been parodied as excessive. She said, "I haven't had an orthodox career, and I've wanted more than anything to have your respect. The first time I didn't feel it, but this time I feel it—and I can't deny the fact that you like me, right now, you like me!" Field was actually making a humorous reference to dialog from her role in Norma Rae, but many people missed the connection and have widely misquoted her as saying, "You like me! You really like me!"[30]

Another reported example is the widespread occurrence of false memories of a movie titled Shazaam and starring the comedian Sinbad; such false memories may be the product of a confluence of factors such as the presence of a character named Sinbad in The Thousand and One Nights, the casting of Shaquille O'Neal as a genie in the similarly named 1996 film Kazaam, and cross-race effects increasing the likelihood that non-members of a given ethnic group will mistake members of that group for each other even when those members' appearances are so dissimilar as to be easily distinguishable by most other members of that group.[26]

One study examined people who were familiar with the clock at Bologna Centrale railway station, which had been damaged in the Bologna massacre of 1980. In the study, 92% falsely remembered that the clock had remained stopped since the bombing; in fact, the clock was repaired shortly after the attack but was again stopped 16 years later as a symbolic commemoration.[27]

In 2010 this phenomenon of collective false memory was dubbed the "Mandela Effect" by self-described "paranormal consultant" Fiona Broome, in reference to a false memory she reports, of the death of South African leader Nelson Mandela in the 1980s (rather than in 2013 when he actually died), which she claims is shared by "perhaps thousands" of other people.[31] Broome has speculated about alternate realities as an explanation, but most commentators suggest that these are instead examples of false memories shaped by similar factors affecting multiple people,[32][33][26][34][29][35][36] such as social reinforcement of incorrect memories,[37][38] or false news reports and misleading photographs influencing the formation of memories based on them.[39][38]

Supposedly the Mandella Effect is a response to this

Messages In This Thread
RE: This conspiracy theory tied directly to Tesla- Trump and time travel - by Armonica_Templar - 10-18-2017, 07:28 AM