Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Willing to Give FireFox Another Chance?
I've never left Firefox.

I have to use Chrome and IE at work, but I figure if the company doesn't care if their stuff is insecure, why should I? Browsers don't get any more insecure than Chrome. Spying is built-in to it.

I've installed Chrome on my machine at home for special occasions, occasions where security is not a high priority - but I rarely ever use it. It's cumbersome, and does not have fine enough user control to suit me. I think they've tried to "idiot proof" it and prevent user tampering (which is user control of it) to the point that it's all but useless for anything other than auto-pilot.

On the other hand, I've noticed a LOT of programs (which M$ now calls "apps" - isn't that cute? ROFLMAO!) which are seemingly built for Windows 10 that no longer have any user controls available. I think it's the wave of the future, which is why I'm looking for a place on my mountain flat enough and large enough to build a shooting range on. I mean, I'm going to have to have SOMETHING to do with myself when they spring the trap on the internets, right? And that day is getting closer and closer - removal of user control is another step on the path of CORPORATE and GOVERNMENT control.

That's where Windows 10 is heading too, I think - I believe they're moving towards a "operating system by subscription service", where you'll have to pay by the month or by the year to be allowed to use your own computer if Windows 10 is the operating system.

I'm not about that at all - if I paid for the computer, it's mine, not Microsoft's.

So I need a shooting range, because I'm too old now to have to re-learn programs for Linux, or wait for Linux developers to come out with programs I can use for the stuff I do now.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Willing to Give FireFox Another Chance? - by Wallfire - 09-30-2017, 06:58 PM
RE: Willing to Give FireFox Another Chance? - by Ninurta - 10-02-2017, 09:22 PM