Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
3,700-year-old Babylonian tablet
First let me say that I hardly ever dare to approach math unarmed... armed with a calculator, that is. Although in the 6th grade I confused the heck out of my math teacher by coming up with my own way to do a specific type of problem instead of the "sanctioned" formula she gave us. It just didn't make sense her way, but I figured out a way that DID make sense to me. She even changed the numbers and she did the calculations her way, I did it my way, and IĀ got it right every time.

I don't even know what kind of math it was, lol! I wonder though, if the calculations with the 60-based system are more precise than the accepted 10-based system, if maybe I just hunted another number and used a different ratio like the above article mentions. Dang, maybe I was actually smart back then... Lord how times have changed!!!

*Edit: I also failed the quizzes, even though my answers were right. I was supposed to show I could use the "official" way of thinking, not actually learn how to get the right answer!

Messages In This Thread
3,700-year-old Babylonian tablet - by guohua - 08-25-2017, 01:47 AM
RE: 3,700-year-old Babylonian tablet - by gordi - 08-25-2017, 08:43 AM
RE: 3,700-year-old Babylonian tablet - by Spirit Scribe - 08-26-2017, 02:03 AM