Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Ferguson resists DOJ's effort to be nice....
Well, it didn't take Justice long to start the process of doing it the hard way. In fact, you might just say it was same day service. 

Quote:WASHINGTON -- The Justice Department is suing the city of Ferguson in an attempt to forcibly overhaul the city’s troubled police and court operations, Attorney General Loretta Lynch said Wednesday.

The decision comes hours after city leaders sought to revise a long- negotiated settlement, citing prohibitive costs of executing such a deal.

“There is no cost for constitutional policing,'' Lynch said late Wednesday.

Source

Lynch strikes me as someone I might not agree with for the day's weather or current time of day ...but I have to agree with her on this one. 

The Ferguson City "Leaders" may as well resign en masse, as this stage. It only gets worse from here, and they own every last bad part of how this all plays out. 

As the story notes, they JUST pretty much agreed to this, then, "Oh, golly, it costs THAT much? Oh oh oh..wait..we can't do THAT!" ...huh?!?!?

26 WEEKS of negotiations is what the story indicates happened here, then the City Council and Mayor toss the last best chance they'll ever get to remain something like an independent city with control left in their hands to any degree which matters. Ohh.. I have a feeling Lynch will help make life exceptionally miserable for a number of elected officials there, and so much so, I really don't expect this to go too much further without some resignations. 

The mayor? Well... He has absolutely nothing to lose, as no amount of rigging votes by God Almighty himself could see THAT man win another election for anything in that city. 

Should be interesting to watch....but first the citizens tore them up with riots? Now the Government will tear them apart for real.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Ferguson resists DOJ's effort to be nice.... - by Wrabbit2000 - 05-24-2016, 05:51 AM