Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Eastern Airlines Flight 980
Update!
Quote:“We were close.”
That’s how Dan Futrell and Isaac Stoner — the 30-something Bostonians who scaled Bolivia’s Mount Illimani to search for the black box of an Eastern Airlines Boeing 727 downed in 1985 — reacted to the National Transportation Safety Board’s announcement that the debris they recovered hasn’t solved the mystery of the crash.
T
he flight, EA980, slammed into Illimani on Jan. 1, 1985, en route from Asuncion, Paraguay, to Miami. The bodies of the 29 passengers and crew on board, including eight Americans, were lost in the snow at 19,600 feet.

Last June, after a four-day trek to terrain investigators had deemed inaccessible, Futrell and Stoner discovered human remains and a few fragments of debris they hoped constituted the plane’s black box: several bright orange pieces of metal, a bundle of wires labeled “CKPT VO RCDR” and a damaged spool of magnetic tape. After a protracted struggle with Bolivian authorities, Futrell and Stoner turned over the recovered debris to the U.S. NTSB last month.

Today the agency confirmed the adventurers’ suspicions. The mangled metal fragments once housed the jet’s cockpit voice recorder and flight data recorder.
But the magnetic tape, which they suspected might contain data from the black box, instead held an episode of Bill Cosby’s adventure series “I Spy,” dubbed in Spanish, the NTSB said.
Source

The "I Spy" tape has me Baffled  minusculethinking
But I think these two young men will try again.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]

Messages In This Thread
Eastern Airlines Flight 980 - by guohua - 12-18-2016, 03:52 AM
RE: Eastern Airlines Flight 980 - by guohua - 12-22-2016, 06:38 PM
RE: Eastern Airlines Flight 980 - by 727Sky - 12-23-2016, 12:03 AM
RE: Eastern Airlines Flight 980 - by 727Sky - 12-23-2016, 05:01 AM
RE: Eastern Airlines Flight 980 - by guohua - 02-08-2017, 12:44 AM