Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Immigrating to Canada ?
Cape Breton, NS is welcoming you.

Cape Breton if Donald Trump wins...

This website was meant as a joke that isn't one, in reality, now that Mr Trump has been elected.

There is a lot of rumors going around about celebrities moving to Canada and as many of you have heard, our own Canadian Immigration Server crashed from heavy traffic, Tuesday evening, as the trend started to go towards a Trump win.

As a Canadian, here are my thoughts on all of this.

Moving out is simply evading a problem that each and every one of US will have to eventually face down the road; fixing a corrupted establishment.

We are no different here, my friends. The stink that goes on behind our parliament closed doors is as bad as yours.

And by the way, why would we accept Barbara Streisand, Cher or Ariana Grande when it took us so long to get rid of Justin Bieber? LOL

But let's be real here. These celebrities have no intentions of moving out, it's just good publicity for them at the moment.

For everyone else wanting to move out, and here lies a profound problem, my question to you is why?

Your country has been through divisions before, is till being divided and will most probably always be. That is the nature of democracy; everyone is allowed his or her own opinion, be it good or bad - which is in the way you perceive it, btw...

Don't think Canada is divided? Think again. On my last trip to Mexico, last year(just before our federal elections), I met a guy who lived in Winnipeg. We had a few drinks, had great discussions, up to the point when he asked me who I'd be voting for. I am not one to hide behind my opinions or beliefs; it hasn't always helped me but hey...nobody's perfect : ) So I told him I'd be voting for Trudeau as I had enough of the Harper regime. My newly Winnipeg friend turned into a political stalker...pissed off, angry and disrespectful (every time we saw him after that revelation) where to the point where Louise (my girlfriend) thought that I was about to punch his lights out, I guess she saw in my face that this dude was now really getting under my skin.

But I decided to just walk away and to respect his opinion. I saw him one last time before we left - and he said "Have Fun with Trudeau..." with this smirk on his face that I would have loved to knock out of the park but I just replied "Yeah...you have a nice life too..." and turned my back to him.

Elections - no matter where they are - have this way of splitting us apart. Here in Canada, we have the red and blue, just like you do. In my teens, I was trained to think that the Sky is blue and Hell is red. That's an early programming for things to come, just like you guys have been 'trained' towards a political party or another.

For some of you, Trump being elected is as much of a nightmare as Trudeau being elected for that Winnipeg guy was. No difference. The only difference is in between your own two ears.

I read an article this morning that Hillary couldn't stop crying when she found out she was losing and that she started to blame Comey and Obama for not stopping him before, as Bill had said he'd do.

That is the type of stuff behind closed doors that I'm talking about...

Don't get me wrong. No one has any idea if Trump is as legit as he says. If any of you think that he became a billionaire without having a few political skeletons in his closet, I have news for you; you are as blind as a Clinton supporter that thinks that Hillary was the next Virgin Mary...

People have voted for Trump because they think that he can change the establishment. People here voted for Trudeau in much the same way.

Just remember that when ANY of those I mentioned above have their champagne and caviar, you are the one working your ass off to make ends meet.

THAT is the hard cold reality, election after election, no matter who got elected.

So please, spare me the "I'm moving to Canada" bullshit line. I'm not buying it.

The only thing we can do - aside from a Revolution like bumf**k countries do - is elect who we think will change things. We hold on to HOPE with both hands.

Which sums up into one last and tough question.

Do any of you really think that any ONE individual can change the establishment?

I'm just asking. Enlighten me : )

Sol.
~ Today is the youngest you'll ever be again ~

Messages In This Thread
Immigrating to Canada ? - by Sol - 11-10-2016, 03:35 PM
RE: Immigrating to Canada ? - by Daitengu - 11-10-2016, 04:34 PM
RE: Immigrating to Canada ? - by Daitengu - 11-10-2016, 04:37 PM
RE: Immigrating to Canada ? - by guohua - 11-10-2016, 05:13 PM
RE: Immigrating to Canada ? - by Mystic Wanderer - 11-10-2016, 06:06 PM
RE: Immigrating to Canada ? - by guohua - 11-10-2016, 05:42 PM
RE: Immigrating to Canada ? - by Sol - 11-10-2016, 10:57 PM
RE: Immigrating to Canada ? - by Mystic Wanderer - 11-11-2016, 01:25 AM