Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
China’s plan to organize its society relies on ‘big data’ to rate everyone
My phone is registered to a name and SSN I occasionally used long ago (the gummint gave that SSN to that guy unbidden, so he's "real" on paper at their behest), rather than the name I was born with and use now. I did it that way on purpose, not to hide from anyone but so that folks important enough to bother me wouldn't. I'm not that important - certainly not as important as the vast majority of humanity on earth, but there are places and databases and files where that name is linked to an individual who would be more trouble to bother than he is worth, so I mostly get left alone.

I'm actually a very nice guy and something of a wimp, but the other guy, not so much.

I did "de-google" the phone as much as possible, but it's an Android phone, so "de-googling" can only go so far, since Google owns and maintains that OS. I turned off and zapped ALL of the so-called location services that can be turned off and disconnected it from all the crap Google tries to link their phones to, but ain't foolish enough to think it can't still be tracked, so the next best solution was to let dear old Dave "own" the phone I use.

About 2 weeks ago, Google - or someone - magically re-loaded all of the stuff I had disabled and zapped (during an "update" I suspect), and reactivated them. They ran for a bit over 2 hours before I noticed and eradicated them again. Whomever did it tried to have the phone automatically connect to Dave's e-mail account, but didn't git 'er done. It was just enough to show that Dave is still a "real" person, still kicking around, and generally where he was - within about a 2 mile or so radius, given the nature of cell service in this area. The camera and the mic were also activated at the time, which is what led me to notice it at all.

The Credit score databases will be, I believe, the basis for the surveillance society. They will build on that base by adding in tax records, and now thanks to Obama's forced electronization of medical records your medical records will be added in, and legal records, AND, the kicker, all the data that Google collects on every individual on the planet who deals with them. Ever wonder why Google tries to track you? Ever wonder why Facebook does the same, and tries to get you to enter your location every so often when they can't get a good fix through the internet? They're saying it's for "marketing", of course, a perfectly plausible explanation, but when the bigger picture is viewed, it's a lot more sinister than that.

What about your cell phone magically popping up places to buy crap within walking distance of where you are? Sure, you can actually use that to buy crap, but in order for it to work THEY HAVE TO KNOW YOUR LOCATION... and selling shit ain't their only reason, just the one they tell the kiddies, who just plain eat up the "convenience" of it, and LIKE being able to know just where to go from where they are to get what they want.

Yeah, we've been in it for a while now, and they've figured out how to make folks like being watched.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: China’s plan to organize its society relies on ‘big data’ to rate everyone - by Ninurta - 10-26-2016, 05:07 PM