Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
China’s plan to organize its society relies on ‘big data’ to rate everyone
Yeah, America has had a lite version of this for some time, places like "Equifax". A "credit score" is just a lite version of what is described here, but essentially the same thing. They score you, and decide who does and who does not have the privilege to buy something. What is described here is just an extension of that basic philosophy.

I probably won't fare very well in society when they get around to full implementation here, if my reaction to "credit scores" is any indication. Once upon a time, I had excellent credit, and could get anything I wanted on just a signature. I've bought cars on a credit card. BUT - the notion that someone else thought they had that much control over me, control that was based upon information I could neither access nor correct, control that dictated whether THEY said I could buy something or not, rankled me a bit, So in 1993, I destroyed every single credit instrument I had, and have not used credit since. Sold all my stocks at about that time, too, just a couple years later.

It's not easy. they will woo and wheedle and beg in a effort to get you to return to the credit fold so that they can make unearned money of of YOUR hard work. When that doesn't work, they'll try to throw blocks in your path to FORCE you back to using credit. If, however, you can persevere and keep telling them to kiss your ass, you didn't want it bad enough to beg them for it, eventually you can get into a non-credit groove, and they will forget all about you. Now at this point I have NO credit, just like a newborn baby. It's been so long since I used any that they've probably written me off as dead in my file, thinking no one could go this long without begging them for credit. Probably doubly so since some kind soul continues to pay my taxes, and no one, but NO ONE ever asks for any of them back. Folks in the modern age just about HAVE to be dead to lay that low!

"I ain't askin' nobody for nothin'
If I can't git it on my own.
If you don't like the way I'm livin'
Just leave this long-haired country boy alone."

- it's not just a song, it's a viable way of life.

Now, when they fully implement this system here in these United States, life is likely to get interesting around my house. They'll first go for the credit score files as a base of data, then add tax information and whatever data theft giants like Google and Yahoo have on any particular individual in order to flesh out the "social profile score". (ever wonder why Google constantly nags you for your mobile number? Hint: it ain't got a DAMNED thing to do with your account security, but oddly enough it provides a dandy way to track you and link up all the data they are gathering on you!)

Good luck with that, ya TPTB bastards! When you dig deep enough into my files, you're probably gonna start crying and pissing yourselves, but there's no need for all that - just leave me the hell alone, and we'll all be fine. I don't want none of yer goddamned "social credits" either, because I ain't all that sociable, and you've got nothing I want - so not only do I not want those credits, I don't need them, either. Just leave me be, and don't cross that fence if you hear an occasional gunshot. It's just me getting my dinner, independent of your slack money grubbing asses, and there ain't nothing on MY side of the fence worth your sorry lives.

Put THAT in yer goddamned database and spin it up!

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: China’s plan to organize its society relies on ‘big data’ to rate everyone - by Ninurta - 10-25-2016, 05:41 AM