Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dragon Caught on Tape in China?
Yup, it was a big snake. Dad swore till the day he died the tale was true, and I've never caught him in a lie about anything else.

When I lived by myself in the woods in North Carolina, I saw a huge bird there twice. Don't know what it was, but it was all black or very dark brown like a golden eagle, and had a heavy black beak. No white on it anywhere, and it's head was feathered like a hawk, not naked like a buzzard. One of the times I saw it, it flew across the tops of two pine trees, and each wingtip brushed one of the pines on either side. I measured the distance between the bases of the pines, and they were just over 12 feet apart, center to center. I saw that bird twice in the same week, and never again. I still don't know what it was, other than huge. Golden eagles top out their wingspan at about 7 feet tip to tip, so if it was one of them (which it did kind or resemble), then it was 5 feet bigger wingtip to wingtip than the largest one on record, not quite twice the size of the biggest one ever recorded. It would probably have stood 4 or 5 feet tall on the ground.

It had feathers, though, so not a bat or dragon. Just a really big bird.

The IM has been sent. I included driving directions that I hope you can find the cliff with.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by guohua - 10-22-2016, 01:22 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Daitengu - 10-22-2016, 04:22 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by guohua - 10-22-2016, 04:24 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Ninurta - 10-22-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Ninurta - 10-23-2016, 06:28 AM