Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dragon Caught on Tape in China?
(10-22-2016, 07:36 AM)Ninurta Wrote: In Shawnee and Cherokee folklore, these horned serpents were always found near water. The Cherokees still point to a cliff not far from Mystic's stomping grounds that they say had a nest of thunderbirds at the top who were always at war with an Uktena that lived in the river below the cliff. White streaks on the cliff are supposed to be bird droppings from the thunderbirds.

As late as the 1930's or so, there are Shawnee reports of seeing Great Horned Snakes in the woods, usually to be found near water-filled tree stumps. My own dad told me several times of seeing the tracks of a giant snake in West Virginia in the summer of 1941 or 1942, He saw the tracks where it had crawled along muddy logging roads, and said it looked like someone had dragged a 12" stovepipe in a serpentine path up the roads and across them into and out of the woods where he lived.

That's very interesting.  If you don't mind, could you send me a private message and tell me where that cliff is?

A friend of mine that lives close by saw a huge flying creature of some kind flying over her house, I think it was sometime last year. She said she stopped what she was doing and just gazed at it with her jaw dropped because it was so large.  She had never seen anything that huge flying in the sky. She was so shocked, she didn't even think to snap a picture of it; had her cell phone right there in her hand at the time. But that's usually how it goes when a person sees something strange; they're not thinking of getting a picture, they are just in awe trying to process what they see.
She was upset with herself when she realized she missed the opportunity to get a picture.

Wow!  That was a HUGE snake your dad spoke about! How'd you like to run into that thing while hiking through the woods?!   tinywhat

Messages In This Thread
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by guohua - 10-22-2016, 01:22 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Daitengu - 10-22-2016, 04:22 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by guohua - 10-22-2016, 04:24 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Ninurta - 10-22-2016, 07:36 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Mystic Wanderer - 10-22-2016, 10:09 AM
RE: Dragon Caught on Tape in China? - by Ninurta - 10-23-2016, 06:28 AM