Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
Protesters Beware!
Our constitutional rights in this country are such that we have the right and freedom to travel unmolested in this nation, and the protesters who attempt to restrict our freedom of movement and travel by holding us against our will on highways and roadways are violating our constitutional rights. 

Now, protest is one thing, but as Ninurta always says, your right to swing your fist ends where my nose begins, and that is exactly the case with these protesters.. their right to protest ends at my right to travel freely and unmolested. 

Wanting to make a specific law about this makes little sense to me either as there already are laws surrounding this. No one can hold me against my will and restrict my travel without cause. Being angry at how I'm perceived to have voted or just angry at the outcome of an election is certainly not cause for my harassment and/or restriction of my own rights..

So, I don't get it. I don't understand why existing laws are not good enough. Vandalism, theft, holding people prisoner against their will, attempting to strongarm people into voting a specific way is all illegal, harassment is illegal, trying to prevent another person's freedom of speech is illegal, attempting to prevent people from hearing political speech is illegal.

There are a boatload more illegal things these people could be considered for charges for, so making a whole new law seems one law too many

Messages In This Thread
Protesters Beware! - by Mystic Wanderer - 11-19-2016, 06:37 PM
RE: Protesters Beware! - by Daitengu - 11-19-2016, 08:07 PM
RE: Protesters Beware! - by Mystic Wanderer - 11-19-2016, 08:52 PM
RE: Protesters Beware! - by 727Sky - 11-20-2016, 09:00 AM
RE: Protesters Beware! - by Grace - 11-21-2016, 12:29 AM
RE: Protesters Beware! - by senona - 11-21-2016, 04:00 AM