Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Gaslighting By Medical Doctors
I feel like this has happened to me a few times. First time was when I was around 20. I couldn’t walk when I’d wake up in the morning because my heels would hurt so bad. I went to get it looked at and they took X-rays, didn’t see anything and sent me on my way. I went to a different doctor and just happened to see a book on foot pain while I was waiting for him to come in the exam room. I diagnosed myself using that book. Plantar fasciitis. He was great, treated it and got it better in two weeks.

Went back a few years ago because my lower legs, feet and ankles had swelled and I could barely  walk. I also had a rash on my legs. He barely listened and tossed some cream at me and left. So I tried another doctor who did blood work but didn’t find anything. She actually told me she didn’t know what to do with me. I finally found an internet doctor from another state who actually prescribed something to help and didn’t make me feel like it was all in my head or that I just wanted pills. Which I’d never asked for. I just wanted to know what was wrong with me.

This is one reason why I have to be pretty bad off to go to doctors office. Even then I almost have to be dragged there.

Messages In This Thread
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by VioletDove - 03-28-2022, 01:29 AM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by TDDA - 03-28-2022, 03:03 PM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by Ninurta - 03-28-2022, 03:50 AM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by TDDA - 03-28-2022, 02:23 PM
RE: Gaslighting By Medical Doctors - by TDDA - 03-28-2022, 02:58 PM