Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Getting ready!
Yesterday saw the departure of our youngest daughter and toward the end of the week we will be returning the grandgirl to our oldest daughter- then the fun begins!

This will be our very first vacation where we don't have to be at any particular place at scheduled times or have people waiting for us to arrive. No time constraints, nothing to prevent us from diverting to alternate plans and activities.

We have a loose plan that is flexible above all. If we see a roadside sign that peaks our interest we will be able to follow it without guilt because "everyone is waiting for us".

Hopefully this will be the first in a series of driving trips to witness the beauty that is the United States of America while we still possess enough freedom to do so. Both Kdog and I grew up taking long, cross country trips to see our nation's wonders and fear that the time will soon be coming when the freedom to do so is ours no more. 

Not one of us knows what the future brings. If there are things you have always wanted to do maybe now is the time to start doing them before time runs out. No matter what the future may bring none of us are getting any younger, so get that bucket list going while the getting is still good!
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]

Messages In This Thread
Getting ready! - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-06-2021, 01:45 PM
RE: Getting ready! - by VioletDove - 07-06-2021, 03:51 PM
RE: Getting ready! - by NightskyeB4Dawn - 07-06-2021, 04:31 PM
RE: Getting ready! - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-06-2021, 04:49 PM
RE: Getting ready! - by GeauxHomeLittleD - 07-06-2021, 06:01 PM
RE: Getting ready! - by F2d5thCav - 07-06-2021, 05:47 PM