Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Been an interesting day
Today is my 28th wedding anniversary. My hubby is permanently in a nursing home, after having a stroke (his second) in February of this year. His mind is still pretty sharp, but body wise he is weak, in a wheelchair, and needs help with everything. I had a window visit with him earlier, and he looked really good. I got him a card, and talked to him about our wedding day, which he remembered everything about. I love him so much. I miss him so much. At 56, this means I’ve spent half my life with him. Actually more than that, as when I met him I was 23 and he was 35. I didn’t actually get married until I was 28. 

This morning is why today was so “interesting”. Around 4 AM, I thought I heard a loud shout, and it woke me up. I laid there for awhile to see if I would hear anything else. Occasionally we have the odd drunken people arguing since there are bars close by, but nothing that’s a big deal. I drifted off to sleep again. About 8:30 AM, the local PD came knocking at my door. It was a detective asking if I heard anything at 4:15 AM. I said yeah, a little after 4 AM I heard a shout. He said there was an altercation and they were canvassing the neighborhood. I felt really bad that I went back to sleep after the shout, and stated this. He said no problem. 

I looked out the window of my den, which faces the parking lot and garages of the condos, and the middle section where there is a grassy area, picnic table, and a couple of trees was all roped off with crime scene tape! I realized whatever took place was literally a few feet from my condo. I got on Facebook, and checked out the local PD Facebook page. Apparently, there was some dirtbag trying to break into cars, and another guy spotted him and confronted him. The dirtbag pulled a knife and stabbed the good guy several times before running off. Fortunately the good guy was not killed, but did wind up having surgery. I hope he’s okay. 

I am on a few police scanner pages on Facebook, and I checked out the one for our local area to see what people are saying. Of course, there were the usual posts bitching about how the town I live in is going into the shitter, “low income people and neighborhoods”, etc. I was in a mood at that point and put those people on blast. I do not live in a low income neighborhood, and even if I did, so what? I cannot stand it when people paint everyone with the same broad brush. Crime happens in all kinds of neighborhoods. The neighborhood I live in is an older neighborhood, quiet, lots of retired people and families with parents who work. Every neighborhood has their lowlifes, but many of us in our neighborhood think this person came from a different area. There are people who break into cars to see if they can find anything to sell or cash to support their drug habits. I hope they catch the dirtbag who did this. I will be more vigilant. I am looking to get one of those Ring systems, and eventually a gun. 

I love where I live and will be damned if I’m gonna move just because of a few dirtbags. Fuck that. I’m finally a homeowner after spending most of my life renting. I worked my ass off to find this place, and I love it. Thanks for listening to me whine and bitch.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]

Messages In This Thread
Been an interesting day - by ChiefD - 07-02-2020, 11:18 PM
RE: Been an interesting day - by beez - 07-02-2020, 11:23 PM
RE: Been an interesting day - by Mystic Wanderer - 07-02-2020, 11:41 PM
RE: Been an interesting day - by guohua - 07-02-2020, 11:57 PM
RE: Been an interesting day - by F2d5thCav - 07-03-2020, 06:22 AM
RE: Been an interesting day - by Snarl - 07-03-2020, 06:27 AM
RE: Been an interesting day - by 727Sky - 07-03-2020, 11:41 AM
RE: Been an interesting day - by F2d5thCav - 07-03-2020, 11:45 AM
RE: Been an interesting day - by 727Sky - 07-03-2020, 02:04 PM
RE: Been an interesting day - by guohua - 07-03-2020, 07:56 PM