Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 4.5 Average
Something Is Going On Here. We Should Be Very Worried For Our Children.
(08-06-2022, 06:58 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 04:01 PM)wtbengineer Wrote: I agree with what you say here, flat effect I think describes what he showed pretty well.  And yeah, he's a piece of shit that didn't feel any remorse for what he did to her.  I just kept thinking how can these cops treat the guy so good?  I know they have to be careful about that but if I were one of those guys I'd have had a hard time with that.

I would say the detectives have been doing this for a long time, and have learned what works. Everything they said and did in that interrogation was geared towards collecting evidence and extracting a confession. It LOOKED like they were treating him well, but it was supposed to. If an outsider observer sees that, then the suspect himself will also see it that way, and will be more cooperative. They just didn't want him to clam up, which is what he would have done if they had gone hard against him... and that would have made their job of collecting evidence 10x harder.

They "empathized" with him, gave him bullshit excuses to explain the horrific things he did, and "humanized" him in his own eyes to draw out the confession. They made him think that THEY thought it was perfectly reasonable to occasionally eviscerate a loved one through their bodily orifices - I mean, sometimes a guy just can't help himself, right? And, after all, he's just one of the guys here in this room - we're all men, we all think the same way... He wasn't guilty of horrific crimes, he was just being human, y'know? Here, have another water. Confession is a thirsty business...

Yes, I know that's what they do and I understand why.  I just don't know if I could have done it like those guys did in this case.  Those guys were good!
(08-06-2022, 07:21 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 04:08 PM)wtbengineer Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 07:10 AM)projectvxn Wrote: It has long been my opinion that TikTok is a Chinese psychological operation aimed at American children in particular. The goal is to undermine their sense of reality and exacerbate the resulting psychological damage in order to undermine American social cohesion now and long into the future. 

I believe this operation is working and it is also being aided by actors here in the United States. There is no tool more powerful than social media for the manipulation of society at the individual level and at the level of whole nations.

That well could be who knows?  However it's happened, American social cohesion is certainly being undernined.

I think it may be worse than that, with a lot of players synergistically on the attack - TikTok and the likes of Facebook and Twitter tearing down social cohesion, covid enforcing isolation and sensory/ social deprivation, and Zuck's "META" providing a replacement "social" environment that is really n[Image: tinyshouting.png]o such thing at all - it lacks the "social" part, and can in no way promote the social cohesion they are hell bent on destroying.

It seems to me to be creating a "Stockholm Syndrome" on a massive scale, and it appears to be being done on purpose.

I am reminded of Futureama, and the heads in glass jars that are isolated from the world and can only experience what is hand-fed to them in their self contained environment. Just brains in an isolated jar with only hand-crafted, hand-picked environments to interact with. That seems to be what they are aiming for in regards to us.

That thing with the heads in glass jars you describe really paints an accurate picture of what's happening from my point of view.  I feel like all of humanity fits into this like a pair of gloves with few exceptions.  Those who live out on the fringes and those who live inside the system but refuse to become part of the system being those exceptions.  I'll never be part of that world even though I work for the system and have to pay lip service to it.  Can't wait to retire that's all I know...
(08-07-2022, 05:36 AM)wtbengineer Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 06:58 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(08-06-2022, 04:01 PM)wtbengineer Wrote: I agree with what you say here, flat effect I think describes what he showed pretty well.  And yeah, he's a piece of shit that didn't feel any remorse for what he did to her.  I just kept thinking how can these cops treat the guy so good?  I know they have to be careful about that but if I were one of those guys I'd have had a hard time with that.

I would say the detectives have been doing this for a long time, and have learned what works. Everything they said and did in that interrogation was geared towards collecting evidence and extracting a confession. It LOOKED like they were treating him well, but it was supposed to. If an outsider observer sees that, then the suspect himself will also see it that way, and will be more cooperative. They just didn't want him to clam up, which is what he would have done if they had gone hard against him... and that would have made their job of collecting evidence 10x harder.

They "empathized" with him, gave him bullshit excuses to explain the horrific things he did, and "humanized" him in his own eyes to draw out the confession. They made him think that THEY thought it was perfectly reasonable to occasionally eviscerate a loved one through their bodily orifices - I mean, sometimes a guy just can't help himself, right? And, after all, he's just one of the guys here in this room - we're all men, we all think the same way... He wasn't guilty of horrific crimes, he was just being human, y'know? Here, have another water. Confession is a thirsty business...

Yes, I know that's what they do and I understand why.  I just don't know if I could have done it like those guys did in this case.  Those guys were good!

I didn't think I would be able to watch this video, given the subject matter, but watching how those cops got the truth out of him was fascinating. Anyone who thinks defunding the police is a good idea should be made to watch this video, preferably on a loop. People forget that the police have to deal with scumbags like this, I doubt a social worker would have been able to handle it.

Whatever those guys are getting paid, it isn't enough.
I am WonderCow....hear me moo!
(08-07-2022, 08:57 AM)WonderCow Wrote:  I didn't think I would be able to watch this video, given the subject matter, but watching how those cops got the truth out of him was fascinating. Anyone who thinks defunding the police is a good idea should be made to watch this video, preferably on a loop. People forget that the police have to deal with scumbags like this, I doubt a social worker would have been able to handle it.

Whatever those guys are getting paid, it isn't enough.

Those were not your run of the mill cops that you see most often in the police interaction videos.

I work very closely with a special group of detectives, that specialize in sexual assault. You can't put just any detective on a sexual assault case. The approach and style for each type of case, requires detectives that specialize in that area of police work. Even in my venue we have detectives that specialize further into areas of domestic violence/intimate partner violence, sexual assault, child abuse, and human trafficking.

I have been very lucky with the detectives I have worked with over the last eight years. They have been awesome. I can't say the same about road patrol.

Road patrol can really screw up a case, and they are often just not skilled enough in the process. Some are very eager to learn, and some just want their shift to be over. I have butted heads with one or two over the years, but we have had a few training classes that have helped some.

I agree that defunding is not the answer. Often the problem is lack of training, and the overlooking of inappropriate and unacceptable behaviors.

Too often they place the needs of the community on the back burner, and allow any warm body, on the job just to fill the roster.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers