Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Reengineering The Human Diet
Hunger is a huge motivator when you want to control the diet of the masses.

For me the kicker in "Soylent Green" was not the discovery that soylent green was made from people. The kicker was that the people were so hungry that the discovery did not change one thing. It was not going to stop the people from eating it, just because it was revealed that, "Soylent Green is people!". In fact, it was likely to create a bigger problem, because there were a lot of people that would likely bypass the middleman to eat.

I find it interesting that they are still using celebrities to try to get the people to go along with their conditioning. The majority of the old folk that were once responsive to the celebrity brainwashing, are no longer impacted, in fact, it is most likely to have the opposite effect.

In order to control the the younger folk, all they have to do is post it as a challenge on TikTok.

So why are they still trying to engage us old folk?

Because we are the ones that still have the money.

For now.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

If I were to eat insects, it wouldn't be ones from an insect farm.

I have a lizard I have been ordering crickets for since the pandemic, as the local pet store had closed down at that time. I order 100 large adult crickets with each order. Half the order is dead crickets, not like died in transit, but old rotten half eaten crickets (crickets are cannibals) that were scooped up when they filled the order. Some kind of small beetles were in that filth too. The half that made it were weak, sickly and when given good food and water, might last for a couple weeks before the rest died. I was lucky if the lizard got two dozen out of 100 to eat.

There is a cricket farm in my state, about 80 miles or so south of me. They have another variety of cricket and they were primo, plus they packed them so well, none of them died in transit, even in the coldest of winter. Top dollar though for those, but it was worth it to not buy sick diseased and mostly dead crickets.

The best crickets I can get are the wild black field crickets around my yard, but they are hard to catch and harder to trap, but big and juicy, worth collecting. As for me, I've found some really big juicy grubs in the soil or in wood I'm chopping. I've heard they have a nutty flavor. Insects are on the bottom of my list when it comes to alternative protein foods though. There are plenty of different critters around here I could be eating besides bugs.
(08-03-2022, 03:52 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: So why are they still trying to engage us old folk?

Because we are the ones that still have the money.

I have converted as much of my on-hand wealth to gold as I possibly can.  Gold is an absolute steal right now.

Problems with gold: it's heavy; it's hard/impractical to use as an medium of exchange; it's easy to get ripped-off buying gold that is not pure

Benefits of gold: It's near impossible to account for; it's the bomb where avoiding taxation is concerned

I figure an ounce of gold as the equivalent of ten days hard/focused labor.  Harder to define than most people think, but figure it as breaking your back from sun-up to sun-down.

I'll tell you what else is cheap right now: handcuffs and leg irons. Will leave it to @"hounddoghowlie" to describe long pig for us ... if he ever returns to the boards.
(08-06-2022, 03:29 AM)endsSnarl Wrote: I'll tell you what else is cheap right now: handcuffs and leg irons. Will leave it to @"hounddoghowlie" to describe long pig for us ... if he ever returns to the boards.

Long Pig : the succulent pink flesh that comes from the clueless survivors of a shit hit the fan situation, and is preferred by the more demanding meat eaters of the same shit has the fan situation.

two types are known to exist, fresh kill,and for lack of a better term road kill.

Fresh Kill, usually come from your more experienced pepper survivalist, and is usually better
prepared as they tend to take pride in their skills.

most think that slow cooked on a spit over a low fire sometimes taking hours to get the just melts
off the bone tenderness.

some have been known to keep their prey alive for months on end, cause you don't kill and eat a  prize winning long pig at one sitting.

there are several methods for hunting long pig, stalking, driving, herding, blinds, stands and baiting.
blinds, stands, and baiting are the best methods as they produce less stress and adrenaline than stalking, driving or herding would.
some say addrenaline causes the meat to be tuff.

Best cuts according to experienced pepper survivalist are,
back strap/ loin
belly, long pig bacon is almost as good regular bacon
shoulder
leg
most undesirable cuts are fed to your dogs, cat or other meat eating critters you may have.
there are some survivalists that will make pickled long pig feet and knuckles or long pig head cheese( head cheese just  doesn't right does it).

now roadkill long pig is more a product of opportunity. and you have to pay real close attention to how long it's been dead and what other scavengers have been feasting on it, it can make you sick or you could die from eating it.
your inexperienced survivors usually are the ones who eat this because there is really no skill involved in acquiring it.

one of the benefits of road kill is that it can be tender due to the fact that it has more than likely been ageing on the asphalt for a while.
preparing is pretty much the same but yields lack due to what needs to be cut away because of rot.

this was just a short synopsis, if your really looking for more details on the benefits of long pig or delicious dishes you may need to go out into the back woods in many areas of the U.S. and look for the most inbred people you can find. although it's is quickly becoming a more mainstream thing.    

Snarl, i pop in a couple times a week just to see what's happening, don't post much anymore cause real life with my mom has been kinda hard and i'm the closest one to her being just across the road. my brothers help on the weekends so i can catch up on my stuff that i put off between work and her. things seem to be getting back to normal a bit, but she is almost 80 and can be real hard headed as to what she wants and doesn't want done. God love her.
[Image: TWBB.png]

Long pork, the other white meat, or dark depending on the neighborhood.