Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
First published image from JWT
A grain of sand held at arms length is all the deep field you are seeing of the universe.
(07-12-2022, 01:59 AM)727Sky Wrote: A grain of sand held at arms length is all the deep field you are seeing of the universe.

I was watching it earlier. Mind boggling when you try to comprehend all the galaxies let alone all the stars contained in each.

Sorry, you know I just had to...

[Image: T1FeWrl.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

727Sky - Really mind blowing. Quite the engineering feat.

[Image: JzSZbP0.jpg]

Now lets see some aliens.

minusculebeercheers

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Congratulations to NASA and the Webb team , stunning images from an incredible feat of engineering..... Again !

The Cosmic Cliffs.

[Image: jLhWw64Jko4L5TyPdVCSCh-1024-80.jpg.webp]

My favourite , Stephan's Quintet , 5 Galaxies one picture.
[Image: HhhnjgzGW65RABRjLMhDMN-1024-80.jpg.webp]

Southern Ring Nebula.
[Image: eCrKt6MYt4u7kPy8meNGHS-1024-80.jpg.webp]

And a comparison between Hubble's original view of the SMAKS 0723 Galaxy cluster and Webb's new view SMACS 0723 Galaxy cluster and Webb's view.
[Image: vp62cd93ad.png]

The future of space exploration just got a lot brighter.
minusculebeercheers
(07-12-2022, 02:31 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Sorry, you know I just had to...

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11624]

smallroflmao smallroflmao Nice one!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
Rainbow 
Wrong thread
Wrong thread somehow
(07-13-2022, 05:36 PM)Gortex Wrote: Congratulations to NASA and the Webb team , stunning images from an incredible feat of engineering..... Again !

And a comparison between Hubble's original view of the SMAKS 0723 Galaxy cluster and Webb's new view SMACS 0723 Galaxy cluster and Webb's view.
[Image: vp62cd93ad.png]

The future of space exploration just got a lot brighter.
minusculebeercheers

I took that inage and matched the two together as well as I could by rotating and resizing both sides to step in the same footprint. It's not perfect because there is a slight aspect ratio difference between the two images, but the GIF below is the result of that attempt, so you can see the resolution and brightness difference:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11625]

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-13-2022, 11:46 PM)Ninurta Wrote: I took that inage and matched the two together ... the GIF below is the result of that attempt, so you can see the resolution and brightness difference:

[Image: attachment.php?aid=11625]

Iat, I haft say, is pretty damn cool.
[b]Snarl - I second that coolness factor comparison!

minusculebeercheers

[Image: photo-2022-07-14-13-01-43.jpg]
в ближайшем будущем во всем мире  потребление сильно упадет (включая сокращение продуктов питания)  ... Кто будет возражать -  будуть  закрывать рот силой...  Причем аргументация будет -   экологической... Разумная земля (природа, ноосфера) - важнее человека...

28 07 19|14 = 68
01 09 19|39 = 68
24 02 20|22 = 68
I need to figure out what does 68 means
When all the light passes earth will the future need telescopes to try and catch up with it passing by? I know that will be a long time but seriously the lights will go out at some point theoretically at some point right?
(07-14-2022, 11:18 AM)SimeonJ Wrote: [Image: photo-2022-07-14-13-01-43.jpg]

That looks like a Photoshop job, an old school photo pasted over the recent Webb photo. The astro photo IS the current James Webb telescope image, but has been downsampled to "fuzz" it up enough to match the kid, and there are telltales of the kid's image having been cut out and pasted into the montaged photo. The kids upper right hand shoulder has "jaggies", which has been downsampled and then blown back up in an effort to obscure the jaggies.

The kid's left (in the image left, the kid's RIGHT side from the child's perspective) elbow, just below the sleeve, shows an artifact that demonstrates a poor crop job - the white streak of original background running along the arm. Likewise there is a similar artifact just below the hand on the right side of the image. The same sort of artifacts are present all along the crop line of the hair at the top of the head, but are less noticeable because of the dark background.

The kid's elbow in the right of the image is flat rather than pointed as a normal human elbow is, probably because that portion was just not present in the original image the kid was cropped out of, due to being past the edge of the photo.

If you look all along the interface between the kid and the background, you will see the same sort of anomalies in numerous places proving it to have been a Photoshop job.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-15-2022, 08:12 AM)Brotherman Wrote: When all the light passes earth will the future need telescopes to try and catch up with it passing by? I know that will be a long time but seriously the lights will go out at some point theoretically at some point right?

Not necessarily. New stars, producing new light, are always being born from the refuse left behind by old stars exploding. Now there IS a theory that eventually the universe will stop expanding and start contracting again, all the way back to a singularity to set the trigger for yet another "Big Bang" if one subscribes to the big Bang theory, which I do not.

Scott Manley adds his science geek coolness factor on the recent JWST images...

New Pillars of Creation just dropped.

[Image: GNXKaCo.jpg]

Now we know where demons and monsters come from. Yay!

[Image: DemonPillars.jpg]
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
(11-02-2022, 10:08 AM)Freija Wrote: Now we know where demons and monsters come from. Yay!

[Image: DemonPillars.jpg]

How dare you!! Queen blasphemer!

On the flip side, in plain sight no less, I think you're onto something. Oh yes.

Source of them real UFOs, err UAPs, err yea, those frightful angelic things. Guys, we gotta we do somethin. tinylaughing 

[Image: LcQSaQY.jpg]