Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What you're watching
(07-08-2022, 12:13 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 09:16 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I dunno if I get Comet or not. Lots of channels to surf, but I never surfed them all. Most of them look like they're trying to sell me something that I don't want to buy. I'm on Dish, so, maybe.

I love me some crappy B movies, and it's a bonus if they're sci-fi, so I reckon I ought to check it out.

"The Old Man", makes me think "Reacher" after age 60.

Or Ninurta.

Try it. I think you would like it.

It is on Hulu, you can start at the beginning, and they just did episode 4 last night, so you would be able to watch it today.

Wife and I just started watching "The Old Man" tonight.  We saw the add for it and thought, why not?  So far we're hooked already.  The first episode really pulled us in.
Not hard to get pulled into that one, it's your typical action drama spy type stuff.

Plus Jeff Bridges, if you like him at all, that's the big draw for this show.
(07-11-2022, 03:45 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Not hard to get pulled into that one, it's your typical action drama spy type stuff.

Plus Jeff Bridges, if you like him at all, that's the big draw for this show.

Gotta admire a man who is still willing to put himself out there and make shows even after all his teeth are gone! Plus, he survived the coof AND cancer both at the same time, whooped their asses. What's not to love about a guy that tough?

But I'm still waiting for Hulu to happen in my world, ain't seen none of the show yet.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Yesterday I started watching "Jack Reacher" on Amazon Prime. I watched three episodes so far. I think it's really good. I really like all the characters. They are three dimensional, and there's a lot of good action and suspense. I was worried the Reacher I saw in this wouldn't jibe with my thoughts of him in all the Reacher books I've read. But they did a really good job on that. I see there's only one season. I don't want to get to the ending too quickly, but I may watch the other five episodes tonight.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
Just throwing this in here...

I was perusing my memory on the American TV crime shows that used to appear on the very-limited three channels
here in England during the seventies and here's the few I and my better-half could recall.

Starsky & Hutch, Charlie's Angels, McCloud, Kojak, Cannon, The Rockford Files, Hawaii 5-0, Policewoman,
Columbo, Hart-to-Hart, Ironside, Banacek -(one my wife remembered), Dragnet -(another one my wife recalled)
Ellery Queen, Harry O, McMillan & Wife, Baretta -(I think), Chips and The Streets of San Francisco.

Looking through the IMDB list, there's some I'd heard of as I grew older, but I'm sure they never made it across
the Atlantic.

The Rookies, Barney Miller, Adam-12, Toma, Police Story, S.W.A.T., Mannix, Vega$, Get Christie Love!,
Chief of Detectives, Dragnet 1967, Amy Prentiss, The Blue Knight, Chopper One, David Cassidy - Man Undercover,
The F.B.I., Griff, Jigsaw, Joe Forrester, Most Wanted, Shaft, Switch.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I tripped up on the series "DopeSick" on Hulu.

I am hooked. I rode that train and I fought it as hard as I could. When it became obvious that I was not going to be able to win that battle, I left floor nursing, and changed my specialty to case management.

This series does a very good job of telling the true story of what was going on behind the scenes, and what contributed to the escalation of prescription drug addiction.

It was criminal what they did. Now all of us are paying for their crime. But the patients are suffering the most.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Still watching "DopeSick".

I am astonished at how accurate this show is with the details.

It shows a good picture of how we got where we are, here in America with the opioid addiction problem.

I am not sure if those that did not know what went on behind closed doors, will truly understand the power, the callousness, the greed of the pharmaceutical companies that led to  handicapping an entire nation. 

These are the same evil demons that are pushing the vaccines. If we don't see the connection, it is not out of ignorance, it is out of willful denial.

I was pushed out of one job, trying to fight their evil. It looks like I may once again fail in my battle against evil.

If this comes to pass, it is my destiny, because I will continue to fight them up to my last breath.

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-11-2022, 09:32 PM)BIAD Wrote: Just throwing this in here...

I was perusing my memory on the American TV crime shows that used to appear on the very-limited three channels
here in England during the seventies and here's the few I and my better-half could recall.

Starsky & Hutch, Charlie's Angels, McCloud, Kojak, Cannon, The Rockford Files, Hawaii 5-0, Policewoman,
Columbo, Hart-to-Hart, Ironside, Banacek -(one my wife remembered), Dragnet -(another one my wife recalled)
Ellery Queen, Harry O, McMillan & Wife, Baretta -(I think), Chips and The Streets of San Francisco.

Looking through the IMDB list, there's some I'd heard of as I grew older, but I'm sure they never made it across
the Atlantic.

The Rookies, Barney Miller, Adam-12, Toma, Police Story, S.W.A.T., Mannix, Vega$, Get Christie Love!,
Chief of Detectives, Dragnet 1967, Amy Prentiss, The Blue Knight, Chopper One, David Cassidy - Man Undercover,
The F.B.I., Griff, Jigsaw, Joe Forrester, Most Wanted, Shaft, Switch.
tinywondering

I remember most of those, well the reruns anyhow. A few of my favs as a kid was Miami Vice, CHiPs, MacGyver, Airwolf, The A-Team, Knight Rider, Magnum, P.I., The Dukes of Hazzard.

minusculebeercheers
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(07-17-2022, 09:07 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: I remember most of those, well the reruns anyhow. A few of my favs as a kid was Miami Vice, CHiPs, MacGyver,
Airwolf, The A-Team, Knight Rider, Magnum, P.I., The Dukes of Hazzard.

minusculebeercheers

Oh yeah, I liked MacGyver... at least the pilot episode.
tinybiggrin

(On a different note, I was trying to find the artwork you placed on a thread here with no avail... the with the man
floating in a vat and a tall lady walking away)
minusculethumbsup
(07-17-2022, 09:34 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(07-17-2022, 09:07 PM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: I remember most of those, well the reruns anyhow. A few of my favs as a kid was Miami Vice, CHiPs, MacGyver,
Airwolf, The A-Team, Knight Rider, Magnum, P.I., The Dukes of Hazzard.

minusculebeercheers

Oh yeah, I liked MacGyver... at least the pilot episode.
tinybiggrin

(On a different note, I was trying to find the artwork you placed on a thread here with no avail... the with the man
floating in a vat and a tall lady walking away)
minusculethumbsup

This post?

With this image? -

[Image: BVW6Sdy.jpeg]

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-18-2022, 01:27 AM)Ninurta Wrote: This post?

That's the one, thanks for the link! (I'm interested in the artist's thought-process when creating such images.)
minusculethumbsup

I guessed I'd seen the artwork before and it was from Dave Gibbons, an artist from the 2000 AD comic.
I put in for a job there many years ago, but it was a tight ship!
(07-18-2022, 08:03 AM)BIAD Wrote:

That's the one, thanks for the link! (I'm interested in the artist's thought-process when creating such images.)
minusculethumbsup

I guessed I'd seen the artwork before and it was from Dave Gibbons, an artist from the 2000 AD comic.

The vat looks like a honey jar to me, which would make the people really tiny. I bet there are some subliminals in there somewhere - cute but evil gal, honey pot, trapped guy, that sort of thing.

(07-18-2022, 06:13 PM)Ninurta Wrote: The vat looks like a honey jar to me, which would make the people really tiny. I bet there are some subliminals in there somewhere - cute but evil gal, honey pot, trapped guy, that sort of thing.

It sounds like you speak from experience!
tinybiggrin
(07-18-2022, 06:13 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 08:03 AM)BIAD Wrote:

minusculethumbsup

The vat looks like a honey jar to me, which would make the people really tiny. I bet there are some subliminals in there somewhere - cute but evil gal, honey pot, trapped guy, that sort of thing.

Interesting that we never learn.

We always dress evil up in monstrous garb, with ugly features, things you would naturally fear, and avoid. Just more lies we cement ourselves in.

But true evil is a seductresses, usually dressed in finery, appealing to the eye, addicting to the mind, and consuming of the spirit

That old adage, "You catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar", says it all in it's truth.

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-18-2022, 06:26 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(07-18-2022, 06:13 PM)Ninurta Wrote: The vat looks like a honey jar to me, which would make the people really tiny. I bet there are some subliminals in there somewhere - cute but evil gal, honey pot, trapped guy, that sort of thing.

It sounds like you speak from experience!
tinybiggrin

Yup. There's a reason I've been married 4 times! Had to run through at least that many to find my keeper!

(07-18-2022, 07:00 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Interesting that we never learn.

We always dress evil up in monstrous garb, with ugly features, things you would naturally fear, and avoid. Just more lies we cement ourselves in.

But true evil is a seductresses, usually dressed in finery, appealing to the eye, addicting to the mind, and consuming of the spirit

That old adage, "You catch more flies with honey, than with vinegar", says it all in it's truth.

I've taught all my kids that monsters are real, they rarely look like monsters, and are usually found walking around in broad daylight, rarely if ever under your bed or in your closet.

Satan himself is described as "an angel of light".

One of my favorite TV shows is in season 3. For All Mankind is on Apple TV+. It is an alternate history/space/astronauts kind of show. I binged all of season 1 and just couldn't stop watching. It's really awesome and fun to boot. Some of the alternative history stuff is pretty entertaining. So the series starts in 1969, and in the alternate history, the Soviets have reached the moon first. So the Americans are totally freaked out and pissed and go like bats out of hell to catch up and it's a kind of "anything you can do I can do better" kind of thing. There are female astronauts, and all kinds of drama and that. Season 1 starts in the 70's. Season 2 is in the 80's. Season 3 takes place in the 90's. In season 3, the race is on to see who gets to Mars first. And the alternate history thing is in the background. 

The more I see, the more I love it. Very captivating characters and plot. All kinds of surprises and twists. And risky nail biting things going on in space.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
So I started watching "The Old Man", and find it's pretty good. I have to wonder who their technical advisor is - parts are pretty damned right on the money, eerily so, while other parts are pure fantasy, I suspect in the vein of "artistic license" to make it more dramatic. For example, the scene where cargo planes drop the 4 crates of sniper rifles into Afghanistan under Soviet occupation would never have happened. The US was jittery about "international incidents" and "direct confrontations" that would have heated up a Cold War considerably, so no US cargo overflights of Afghanistan  in those days. Everything was smuggled across the border, either on donkey back or in dilapidated trucks not worth noticing through the Khyber Pass and internally through Muj held places like the Salang Pass.

I have to admit, a massive cargo plane flying low and kicking parachute equipped crates out of the cargo hold on an overflight is far more visually dramatic on film than a crate-laden donkey bouncing it's ass up a mountain trail is.

A running theme of the show seems to be an examination of the age-old question: "what's in a name?", something I can identify with.

Fascinating, and very entertaining.

(07-23-2022, 01:03 AM)Ninurta Wrote: So I started watching "The Old Man", and find it's pretty good. I have to wonder who their technical advisor is - parts are pretty damned right on the money, eerily so, while other parts are pure fantasy, I suspect in the vein of "artistic license" to make it more dramatic. For example, the scene where cargo planes drop the 4 crates of sniper rifles into Afghanistan under Soviet occupation would never have happened. The US was jittery about "international incidents" and "direct confrontations" that would have heated up a Cold War considerably, so no US cargo overflights of Afghanistan  in those days. Everything was smuggled across the border, either on donkey back or in dilapidated trucks not worth noticing through the Khyber Pass and internally through Muj held places like the Salang Pass.

I have to admit, a massive cargo plane flying low and kicking parachute equipped crates out of the cargo hold on an overflight is far more visually dramatic on film than a crate-laden donkey bouncing it's ass up a mountain trail is.

A running theme of the show seems to be an examination of the age-old question: "what's in a name?", something I can identify with.

I thought you might like it.

Yeah, I am trying to figure out why they are letting so much, real and true information out to the public right now.

I was shocked at how right on the money "DopeSick" was. Especially when they are trying to get the world to trust the government and big pharma.

Just one episode is enough to let you see how the government and big pharma really see us. 

Strictly in dollars and cents.

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-23-2022, 01:03 AM)Ninurta Wrote: So I started watching "The Old Man", and find it's pretty good. I have to wonder who their technical advisor is - parts are pretty damned right on the money, eerily so, while other parts are pure fantasy, I suspect in the vein of "artistic license" to make it more dramatic. For example, the scene where cargo planes drop the 4 crates of sniper rifles into Afghanistan under Soviet occupation would never have happened. The US was jittery about "international incidents" and "direct confrontations" that would have heated up a Cold War considerably, so no US cargo overflights of Afghanistan  in those days. Everything was smuggled across the border, either on donkey back or in dilapidated trucks not worth noticing through the Khyber Pass and internally through Muj held places like the Salang Pass.

Yea, after 6 episodes I'm digging that show.

Christopher Huttleston - CIA consultant. LOL, blank slate IMDB bio.

Christopher Huttleston and Jeff Bridges attend The Old Man" Season 1 NYC Tastemaker Event at MOMA on June 14, 2022 in New York City.

[Image: JelWyTA.jpg]
Getty Images

Quote:How to Build the Ultimate Bug-Out Bag

"Your kit should be no heavier than what you can carry comfortably," says Christopher Huttleston, a retired CIA officer who spent more than two decades doing intelligence work before he was brought on as a technical consultant for The Old Man. He helped inform key pieces of the plot, as well the scene in which Bridges's character grabs his own bug-out bag and hits the road in a hurry.

Huttleston also suggests having a regimented, consistent way of packing--and knowing exactly what's in the bag at any given time.

Jack Tomarchio - Former Army Judge Advocate General (JAG) Attorney, and Deputy Under Secretary for Intelligence and Analysis Operations at Dept. of Homeland Security. Bio

Siddiq Barmak - Subject Matter Expert on Afghan Affairs.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.