Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What you're watching
(07-07-2022, 12:40 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: My Brother gave me a Fire stick about 4 or 5 years ago. I watch just what is available on the Fire stick, but my Mother's TV is glued to MeTV. 

Even Goliath my little boy Husky is hooked on MeTV. I have to leave it on for him, when we leave the house.

I swear he sits ups and watches the TV like he knows what is going on.

The same goes for my wife, our son got her a fire stick and apart from my limited night time terrestrial-TV watching,
that's all she watches. Me...? I make banners whilst she scours the movie collection.
tinybiggrin
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
I'm a big fan of Stanger Things, loved the 80s vibe to the show.

Just binged The Boys on Prime, that's a great show too.  Psychotic superheroes, dark humor, and plenty of gore.
[Image: Green%20Banner.jpg]
(07-07-2022, 04:24 PM)Schmoe1 Wrote: I'm a big fan of Stanger Things, loved the 80s vibe to the show.

Just binged The Boys on Prime, that's a great show too.  Psychotic superheroes, dark humor, and plenty of gore.

I've been pondering on whether to watch the series.
minusculethumbsup
Thursday night is my viewing night for the couple of better shows I'm watching.

I catch the previous nights Orville episode, then follow that up with The Old Man. Tonight, i'm catching 2 episodes of The Terminal List. Pretty good shows, the rest of the week is pretty much just time filler.
@"Ninurta" 

I watch MeTV a bit too, decent programming for over the air stuff. Do you get commet too?

That's a bit more my interest as a scifi nerd. It's pretty much all crappy B movie/tv all the time.
(07-08-2022, 05:12 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

I watch MeTV a bit too, decent programming for over the air stuff. Do you get commet too?

That's a bit more my interest as a scifi nerd. It's pretty much all crappy B movie/tv all the time.

I used to watch Comet but everything on Comet, is on Fire stick, and on demand.

I like sci-fi. 

I just watched some crazy movie titled "Ultrasound". I am still asking myself, "What did I just watch?"

I can't even begin to tell you what the movie is about. 

It reminds me of the movie "Eraserhead". I watched it at least six times, decades ago, and I still am not sure what the heck it was about.

Now here I am with "Ultrasound". Clueless.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Due to this discussion, I attempted to watch an old movie called 'Monster From The Ocean Floor' produced by Roger Corman.
tinyhuh

The hero of the movie -who obviously saves a damsel in distress, even sings a song during the film!
(07-08-2022, 05:10 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: Thursday night is my viewing night for the couple of better shows I'm watching.

I catch the previous nights Orville episode, then follow that up with The Old Man. Tonight, i'm catching 2 episodes of The Terminal List. Pretty good shows, the rest of the week is pretty much just time filler.

I thought about trying to watch The Old Man, as it comes on on FX, but decided against it because I'd have to start in the middle of a season, so I would still be clueless.

never heard of Orville or The Terminal List.

I lead a sheltered life.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(07-08-2022, 05:12 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: @"Ninurta" 

I dunno if I get Comet or not. Lots of channels to surf, but I never surfed them all. Most of them look like they're trying to sell me something that I don't want to buy. I'm on Dish, so, maybe.

I love me some crappy B movies, and it's a bonus if they're sci-fi, so I reckon I ought to check it out.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Love Death and Robots

fucking watch it 

(I am not a salesmen for netflix but thats where you find it, and it is dope as shit like modern day heavy metal magazine animated like the original or animated like modern.)
(07-08-2022, 09:16 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I dunno if I get Comet or not. Lots of channels to surf, but I never surfed them all. Most of them look like they're trying to sell me something that I don't want to buy. I'm on Dish, so, maybe.

I love me some crappy B movies, and it's a bonus if they're sci-fi, so I reckon I ought to check it out.

"The Old Man", makes me think "Reacher" after age 60.

Or Ninurta.

Try it. I think you would like it.

It is on Hulu, you can start at the beginning, and they just did episode 4 last night, so you would be able to watch it today.

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-08-2022, 10:19 AM)Brotherman Wrote: Love Death and Robots

fucking watch it 

(I am not a salesmen for netflix but thats where you find it, and it is dope as shit like modern day heavy metal magazine animated like the original or animated like modern.)

I too like "Love Death and Robots".

I am not big on comedy, but it brings a lot more to the table than laughs. Some of those animations are downright scary. If I was a movie star, I would start seriously saving for a rainy day.

CGI is very likely to make them obsolete.

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-08-2022, 12:13 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 09:16 AM)Ninurta Wrote: I dunno if I get Comet or not. Lots of channels to surf, but I never surfed them all. Most of them look like they're trying to sell me something that I don't want to buy. I'm on Dish, so, maybe.

"The Old Man", makes me think "Reacher" after age 60.

Or Ninurta.

Try it. I think you would like it.

It is on Hulu, you can start at the beginning, and they just did episode 4 last night, so you would be able to watch it today.

Grace got me hooked on the Jack Reacher books a few years ago. So when the movies started coming out, and then the TV series, we had to watch 'em. I personally think the TV series absolutely spanks the movies, in part because of casting. Reacher is supposed to be a big ol' boy, about 6 1/2 feet tall. Casting Tom Cruise in that roll just didn't work for us - he was kinda like "Reacher-lite" or "Junior Reacher". He had the mannerisms down ok, just didn't have the "presence" one would expect.

So I'll have to try to figure out a way the catch The Old Man. I watched the trailers on YouTube, and it looks like it could get pretty intense... and I've always been a Bridges fan. I'll work out a way and give it a shot.

ETA: I just talked to Grace. she's been talking about ditching Netflix for a while now, since we hardly ever watch it anyhow. And Hulu, at less than half the price of Netflix for the basic plan, seems like it might be a more attractive alternative, so I think we're gonna go that route.

(07-08-2022, 05:57 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Grace got me hooked on the Jack Reacher books a few years ago. So when the movies started coming out, and then the TV series, we had to watch 'em. I personally think the TV series absolutely spanks the movies, in part because of casting. Reacher is supposed to be a big ol' boy, about 6 1/2 feet tall. Casting Tom Cruise in that roll just didn't work for us - he was kinda like "Reacher-lite" or "Junior Reacher". He had the mannerisms down ok, just didn't have the "presence" one would expect.

So I'll have to try to figure out a way the catch The Old Man. I watched the trailers on YouTube, and it looks like it could get pretty intense... and I've always been a Bridges fan. I'll work out a way and give it a shot.

I posted the wrong episode. The new episode is episode 5.

I can see Mrs. G in this series, if I squint my eyes.

"The Old Man" starring Mrs. G and Ninurta. I think it would be a big hit. 
tinylaughing

• minusculebeercheers 

(07-08-2022, 09:12 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...I lead a sheltered life.

tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinybiggrin
(07-08-2022, 07:26 PM)BIAD Wrote:
(07-08-2022, 09:12 AM)Ninurta Wrote: ...I lead a sheltered life.

tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat tinybiggrin

I think Ninurta misspoke.

I don't think living underground, under the radar, in the mountains, in the woods, or in a shelter is the same thing as living a sheltered life.

Then again...

• minusculebeercheers 

I like the Umbrella Academy, I loved Stranger Things, except waiting til July 1st, for basically 2 episodes!

Hubby and I just started re-watching Spartacus.  Lots I didn't remember.
(07-10-2022, 09:16 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: I like the Umbrella Academy, I loved Stranger Things, except waiting til July 1st, for basically 2 episodes!

I loved Spartacus. I also liked Black Sails, which I may have to re-watch again. Also Hell on Wheels - but after Bohannon switched railroads, that series went downhill, and the last episode was severely wrong, in my opinion, a real let down to me.

(07-10-2022, 09:54 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(07-10-2022, 09:16 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: I like the Umbrella Academy, I loved Stranger Things, except waiting til July 1st, for basically 2 episodes!

I loved Spartacus. I also liked Black Sails, which I may have to re-watch again. Also Hell on Wheels - but after Bohannon switched railroads, that series went downhill, and the last episode was severely wrong, in my opinion, a real let down to me.

.Never heard of those, I will have to check them out.
(07-10-2022, 10:39 PM)Chiefsmom Wrote: Never heard of those, I will have to check them out.

Black Sails is a pirate show, sort of a prequel to Robert Louis Stevenson's "Treasure Island" and details the creation of Long John Silver. It is set in Nassau, Bahamas, at the time of the "Pirate Republic" that once existed there towards the end of the Caribbean Pirate era.

Hell on Wheels is about the construction of the Continental Railroad from1865 to 1869, and follows a former Confederate officer named Cullen Bohannon as he tries to whip that railroad into shape.

Both are historical, or pseudo-historical, and have characters that were actual people as well as the characters that are made up for the story.

A blend of fact and fiction following fictional characters through real-world events.