Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What you're watching
Exam (2009)
How far would you go to win the ultimate job?
The final 8 candidates for a highly desirable corporate job are locked together in an 'exam room' and given a test so simple and confusing that tension begins to unravel. Exam is one of many examples that you don't need a big budget to make a good mystery puzzle thriller that holds your attention. If ya never seen, see if you can solve the riddle before the very end.

IMDB
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(10-10-2022, 10:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: This isn't due until October 22, 2022, but it looks like it is has th feel of "The Thirteenth Floor". One of my favorites.

THE PERIPHERAL Official Trailer (2022)

I watched the first two episodes last night and will be definitely be watching the rest. Great chemistry between the brother and sister characters. From the creators of Westworld, it kind of has that feel to it. Lots of little details that will probably be of some significance in the coming episodes but there's only 8 in total.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
I watch Roba.

I am attempting to evolve into a complete couch potato who never questions anything. Never thinks. Doing pretty good, regarding that.

"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
Check this out, friends.

It is called "Her" and it is drama and sci fi.

A lonely dude falls in love with AI. I can SO SEE that happening to me. A bit scary thought actually.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
I suggest that if one is concerned that art might not be left safe in the hands of young, this video
will assuage those fears. (Note to Freija... this guy leaves us in the dirt!)
tinybiggrin

Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 
A few years ago, when Finland reached 100 years of independence, a new Unknown Soldier movie was made.

It is basically my national duty to watch it at some point.

-Jean-Paul Sartre
(10-23-2022, 05:50 AM)Freija Wrote:
(10-10-2022, 10:25 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: This isn't due until October 22, 2022, but it looks like it is has th feel of "The Thirteenth Floor". One of my favorites.

I watched the first two episodes last night and will be definitely be watching the rest. Great chemistry between the brother and sister characters. From the creators of Westworld, it kind of has that feel to it. Lots of little details that will probably be of some significance in the coming episodes but there's only 8 in total.

I watched a little bit of the first episode. I too will be watching it.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

Just watched episode 3. Now that's what I'm talkin' about! This show is right up my alley and I'm hooked.

I am not a fan of weekly episodes and usually prefer to wait until a whole season is out and binge it all at once but in this case, I don't have enough self-control to do that. Great story so far, excellent performances and some good looking people.
Knowledge is knowing that a tomato is a fruit. Wisdom is not putting it in a fruit salad.
[Image: MpIIWQc.jpg]

Guillermo del Toro's Netflix horror anthology series "Cabinet of Curiosities" (originally titled "Guillermo del Toro Presents 10 After Midnight") has added F. Murray Abraham, Ben Barnes, Elpidia Carrillo, Essie Davis, Hannah Galway, Crispin Glover, Demetrius Grosse, David Hewlett, Andrew Lincoln, Tim Blake Nelson, Luke Roberts, Sebastian Roché, Glynn Turman and Peter Weller to its cast. The prolific Academy-Award-winning Mexican filmmaker behind "Pan's Labyrinth," "Hellboy," "The Shape of Water" and "Pacific Rim" will executive produce, co-showrun and direct the series - described as a curation of eight unprecedented and genre-defining sinister narratives meant to challenge traditional notions of horror, ranging from the macabre to magical, gothic to grotesque or classically creepy. Two of the eight tales are original works by del Toro. —Variety

Episode 3 near the end was over the top horror for me. Episode 7 with Peter Weller was 70s trippy!

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

VR action, soldier hiveminds, advanced military bio-haptic technology, mind-body communication devices, synthetic animals, post-apocalyptic London..produced by the Westworld creators so similar vibes, really enjoying it so far.

Came across the director on twitter and he was also the director for "Cube" (1997) His website: 

Archive of rare materials from film and television projects

His ideas for the AI visual effects in The Peripheral originated from Midjourney.

Quote:William Gibson on writing sci-fi as the world takes a dystopian dive

Is ours the darkest timeline? William Gibson thinks it might be.

Gibson’s last book, The Peripheral, introduced the “Jackpot”, a cascade of global catastrophes that wipes out much of the human race, along with an ingenious take on time travel that allows digital communication – including telepresence – across alternate timelines. Its central character, Wilf, lives in post-Jackpot London: he becomes entangled in the aftermath of a murder whose only witness lives in an alternate, run-down America. Gibson’s new book, Agency, returns to the same fictional setting – but this time, one of the timelines is ours.

Agency comes six years after The Peripheral, an unusually long interval for Gibson. In 2016, he was writing a book set in the very near future, but the present caught up with him. “I woke up after the presidential election and realised the world I had set the book in no longer existed,” he says. Fearing he would have to abandon his draft completely, Gibson tried to introduce characters from earlier works. That didn’t work (Hubertus Bigend, the arty puppet-master of Gibson’s Pattern Recognition trilogy, “wouldn’t even speak to me”, he says) but as Trump’s presidency lurched from one fiasco to another, he began to feel as if the real world had itself strayed from the way things “ought” to be: as it if it was one of his fictional stubs.

“That caused me to glimpse the book I had been writing as a stub of the 22nd century London of The Peripheral,” he explains. In other words, the real world many of us had been expecting at the start of 2016 had ended up as a fictional alternate reality in Agency. What’s more, Agency’s other major timeline – the post-Jackpot future – seems more like the actual future we’re headed towards: an oligarch world depopulated and devastated by disease and disaster.

Sounds like Gibson’s new book, "Agency" is another good sci-fi techno thriller.

(11-02-2022, 03:52 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: Sounds like Gibson’s new book, "Agency" is another good sci-fi techno thriller.

I am finding "The Peripheral" very interesting though I am have trouble connecting the dots in some places.

I like the idea of the haptic and the psychic connection.

Earlier today I had trouble opening my garage door. The power went out and I had to lift it manually. I tried two or three times, I could not get that door up. It was just too heavy. So having this long time issue with anger management that took me years to learn to control. I got pissed. In less than one second, I pulled that door up with the ease of a hot knife moving through butter.

I can definitely see how a haptic with a psychic connection would be one hell of force to contend with.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

After 4 seasons, HBO cancels Westworld.

Currently watching the Netflix mini-series "Cocaine Cowboys: The Kings of Miami" (2021) - This one concerns a mostly non-violent Cuban family who lived really super large. It's not as good as "Cocaine Cowboys" (2006), but is definitely watchable.

Two childhood friends go from high school dropouts to the most powerful drug kingpins in Miami in this true story of a crime saga that spanned decades. IMDB