Thread Rating:
  • 5 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Overwhelmed by this place
I just don't have words...  Tonight I log in, and there on the top of the Discussion Forums page, is my avatar with the line "Favorite Haunt of wtbengineer".  What can I say?  I've never been made to feel so welcome and as if I am actually a part of a community.  It's just a little thing but it really took my breath away, whoever is responsible for it, thank you!  I never felt so welcome and accepted at that other site that I've been a member of for 13 years and visited every day all that time.  I got to the point that I stopped posting because I felt like it didn't matter what I said, I would get an argument about it.  What I did post became so bland and pointless because I felt like I was walking on egg shells.  Enough about that. 

Anyway, I don't have a lot of time to spend on the internet, but when I do I find myself coming here more and more.  Just wanted to say thank you for giving me and all of us a place like this to connect. minusculebeercheers
Hi there. So glad you posted, thanks for sharing. I felt the same way when I joined this site. I was just awed by all the love and friendship. I feel much more respected on here than other sites. I feel like this place is home for me, so I can totally relate to what you’re saying. So glad you’re here.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=8180]
(07-02-2022, 04:28 AM)wtbengineer Wrote: I just don't have words...  Tonight I log in, and there on the top of the Discussion Forums page, is my avatar with the line "Favorite Haunt of wtbengineer".  What can I say?  I've never been made to feel so welcome and as if I am actually a part of a community.  It's just a little thing but it really took my breath away, whoever is responsible for it, thank you!  I never felt so welcome and accepted at that other site that I've been a member of for 13 years and visited every day all that time.  I got to the point that I stopped posting because I felt like it didn't matter what I said, I would get an argument about it.  What I did post became so bland and pointless because I felt like I was walking on egg shells.  Enough about that. 

Anyway, I don't have a lot of time to spend on the internet, but when I do I find myself coming here more and more.  Just wanted to say thank you for giving me and all of us a place like this to connect. minusculebeercheers

I could reply with some cheesy "Cheers" theme song reference, but I won't. 

#1 rule in my little RN3 mind is that nobody is above anyone, and that if you weren't here we would all be preaching to the darkness. 

Each and every one of us, in our unique corners of the world, our quaint versions of reality, we all are integral to what this corner of the WWW represents. 

The time you do spend online, I hope it's with friends, with peers, with counselors, with teachers. With pupils, with curious assholes, and with friends (again). I hope we can be all of those  minusculebeercheers
(07-02-2022, 04:34 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Hi there. So glad you posted, thanks for sharing. I felt the same way when I joined this site. I was just awed by all the love and friendship. I feel much more respected on here than other sites. I feel like this place is home for me, so I can totally relate to what you’re saying. So glad you’re here.

I too had that feeling of warmth and welcome when I came to RN.

BIAD is usually the creative one responsible for our banners.

BIAD is one of a kind, and you have to love him.

Special in every way. He will keep you guessing, keep you smiling, and sometimes will have you rolling on the floor, but he will never leave you bored, and he is always faithful, 100%.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-02-2022, 04:34 AM)ChiefD Wrote: Hi there. So glad you posted, thanks for sharing. I felt the same way when I joined this site. I was just awed by all the love and friendship. I feel much more respected on here than other sites. I feel like this place is home for me, so I can totally relate to what you’re saying. So glad you’re here.

Wow!  I'm just blown away that anyone even paid any attention to what I posted much less took the time to reply.  Thanks!  I'm glad I'm here too!
(07-02-2022, 04:35 AM)DuckforcoveR Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 04:28 AM)wtbengineer Wrote: I just don't have words...  Tonight I log in, and there on the top of the Discussion Forums page, is my avatar with the line "Favorite Haunt of wtbengineer".  What can I say?  I've never been made to feel so welcome and as if I am actually a part of a community.  It's just a little thing but it really took my breath away, whoever is responsible for it, thank you!  I never felt so welcome and accepted at that other site that I've been a member of for 13 years and visited every day all that time.  I got to the point that I stopped posting because I felt like it didn't matter what I said, I would get an argument about it.  What I did post became so bland and pointless because I felt like I was walking on egg shells.  Enough about that. 

I could reply with some cheesy "Cheers" theme song reference, but I won't. 

#1 rule in my little RN3 mind is that nobody is above anyone, and that if you weren't here we would all be preaching to the darkness. 

Each and every one of us, in our unique corners of the world, our quaint versions of reality, we all are integral to what this corner of the WWW represents. 

The time you do spend online, I hope it's with friends, with peers, with counselors, with teachers. With pupils, with curious assholes, and with friends (again). I hope we can be all of those  minusculebeercheers

I'm really liking it here.  I never had this kind of experience at a chat site like this.  Amazing.  I haven't seen any fighting and arguing since I've been here and the posters quick to jump in and denounce people for saying what they did or ridicule people for speaking their minds.  I didn't think a place like this was possible.
(07-02-2022, 04:39 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

I too had that feeling of warmth and welcome when I came to RN.

BIAD is usually the creative one responsible for our banners.

Special in every way. He will keep you guessing, keep you smiling, and sometimes will have you rolling on the floor, but he will never leave you bored, and he is always faithful, 100%.
I am still taking in everything that is BIAD...  I like him, I read his posts and I like him.  But I feel like I don't know what he is thinking because of the hair covering his eyes in his avatar.  It's funny how we associate the poster with their avatar.  I bet if I met most of the people I've interacted with I'd be shocked by what they really looked like.  Haha.  Glad to hear these things about BIAD though.  I believe I used to see him over there on the other side didn't I?  Just like most of the other posters here?
(07-02-2022, 04:46 AM)wtbengineer Wrote: I'm really liking it here.  I never had this kind of experience at a chat site like this.  Amazing.  I haven't seen any fighting and arguing since I've been here and the posters quick to jump in and denounce people for saying what they did or ridicule people for speaking their minds.  I didn't think a place like this was possible.

Only place on the net with a lady, Mrs. G, with a whip. smallslavedriver

A wise old man, Ninurta, with a sword,

mediumscotwithsword 

and BIAD, with much that cannot be unseen. bigfrightened

So yeah. It is possible.

tinylaughing

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(07-02-2022, 04:56 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 04:46 AM)wtbengineer Wrote: I'm really liking it here.  I never had this kind of experience at a chat site like this.  Amazing.  I haven't seen any fighting and arguing since I've been here and the posters quick to jump in and denounce people for saying what they did or ridicule people for speaking their minds.  I didn't think a place like this was possible.

Only place on the net with a lady, Mrs. G, with a whip. smallslavedriver

A wise old man, Ninurta, with a sword,

mediumscotwithsword 

and BIAD, with much that cannot be unseen. bigfrightened

So yeah. It is possible.

tinylaughing

Hahaha, you really made me laugh! Nice post!  Especially the BIAD comment!
It's pretty much an Insane Asylum, built by inmates, for inmates and run by the inmates.

Sounds like a nightmare, but somehow it works out.
There's a whole lot of really good folks here, that much is for sure!!

All of them...'smarter than your average bear'!
(07-02-2022, 06:32 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: There's a whole lot of really good folks here, that much is for sure!!

Gotta agree with FCD.  But I'm only smarter than the average beer!

minusculebeercheers @wtbengineer
(07-02-2022, 07:34 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(07-02-2022, 06:32 AM)FlyingClayDisk Wrote: There's a whole lot of really good folks here, that much is for sure!!

Explanation: Funny you say that because ...

STUDY: Drinking Beer Makes You Smarter

Quote:A recent study from the University of Illinois at Chicago has showed that drinking beer may make people smarter—especially when it comes to creative problem solving.

Please read the source article for the full story ok.

Personal Disclosure: @"wtbengineer" and @Everybody ... Please drink considerately, moderately, quietly and wisely! minusculebeercheers
OL at beez - "Here, if you have a milkshake, and I have a milkshake, and I have a straw. There it is, it's a straw, you see? Watch it. Now my straw reaches across the room and starts to drink your milkshake. I... drink... your... milkshake. I drink it up!"

Do not engage in useless activity ... and ... from one thing, know many things!

Think Globally, Act Locally, Feel Internally ... Wash, Rinse, Dry and Repeat!

It's Just A Ride!

I'm not sure what this message means, but Boy In A Dress asked me to relate to you that he received the large
consignment of cotton-candy you sent him to make the banner.
tinysurprised tinybiggrin

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" wrote:

This is true, he is... but I'd suggest keeping him at arm's length. Through my experiences with him, I strongly believed
he attained a blow to the head at some stage that is the cause for his behaviour. I can't prove that, though.
tinywondering
Edith Head Gives Good Wardrobe. 

The accuracy of this sentiment... 

One of the main reasons I tend to just lurk instead of engage is the utter lack of that warm and fuzzy feeling of being welcomed. This place actually has me beginning to network again with individuals that are not in my... How do I phrase this?... Immediate "In Real Life" circle. I had even effectively withdrawn from friends I have known for decades and family because things that we could talk, debate, or drunkenly rage at each other about issues in person 'once upon a time,' but can now only be done online because of distance and time. It's like I'm speaking with someone else entirely. Because of that, I lost my voice for the most part.

But here? HOLY SHIT. I mean, from my perspective... Literally within 48 hours of me engaging in a couple of topics, I check on the site only to see a banner on the home page that read...

'Making Sense of it With MalevolentTwitch' 

...When I read that and saw what I believe to be the perfect juxtaposition? The banner made for me is hilariously perfect. Even if @BIAD was just making a cool banner my first thought was, "Fuck... This guy gets it." In that moment I was torn because I wanted to uncontrollably laugh while at that same time, salute. 

I felt like I was home. I've not felt like that in a very long time. Thank You @BIAD for all that you do, Thank You @wtbengineer for creating this thread, and Thank You those that made this place possible.
In the game of chess, you can never let your adversary see your pieces. - Zapp Brannigan
(07-02-2022, 05:29 AM)MisterSpock Wrote: It's pretty much an Insane Asylum, built by inmates, for inmates and run by the inmates.

Sounds like a nightmare, but somehow it works out.

Maybe that's why I am feeling so welcome.  I really like your avatar btw...

So many that I'm already familiar with too.  It's funny, kind of like a migration.  I don't know how smart I am, I am overwhelmed by how much I don't know all the time.

Haha, me too.  Cheers to you!  minusculebeercheers
(07-02-2022, 08:10 AM)OmegaLogos Wrote:

Explanation: Funny you say that because ...

STUDY: Drinking Beer Makes You Smarter

Quote:A recent study from the University of Illinois at Chicago has showed that drinking beer may make people smarter—especially when it comes to creative problem solving.

Please read the source article for the full story ok.

Personal Disclosure: @"wtbengineer" and @Everybody ... Please drink considerately, moderately, quietly and wisely! minusculebeercheers
That's interesting.  I should be a genius then.  I guess the key is "moderately".
(07-02-2022, 08:24 AM)BIAD Wrote:

I'm not sure what this message means, but Boy In A Dress asked me to relate to you that he received the large
consignment of cotton-candy you sent him to make the banner.
tinysurprised tinybiggrin

@"NightskyeB4Dawn" wrote:

This is true, he is... but I'd suggest keeping him at arm's length. Through my experiences with him, I strongly believed
he attained a blow to the head at some stage that is the cause for his behaviour. I can't prove that, though.
tinywondering

Thank you BIAD!  Cotton candy, ah that explains a lot!  I wondered where that went...   tinywondering