Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Where The Crawdads Sing
This was one of the best novels I had read in a long time. I could actually read it again.

Now I fear they are going to take a fabulous book, and make a horrendously awful movie. It is scheduled to be released July 15th. Not sure about this one.

When I read a book, if it is good, I completely immerse myself in the book. I see, smell, hear, and taste every sight and sound, the book generates.

I just saw the trailer, and I am not feeling it at all.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

In the movie, the crawdads are pansexuals, fighting against the oppressive patriarchy. 

Everyone is stunning and brave. 

The End

No?
(06-29-2022, 03:05 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: In the movie, the crawdads are pansexuals, fighting against the oppressive patriarchy. 

Everyone is stunning and brave. 

The End

No?

I have not seen the movie yet. It does not come out until mid July.

So far from what I have seen from the trailers, they have missed the whole heart of the book.

What they are focusing on was such a small part of the book that it could have been left out all together and would not have really had that big of an impact of the book that much.

This was not a single layer book by a long shot. It had so many layers that were so beautifully weaved together, to leave out any part, I guess would have left a hole.

To be fair and honest, I can't see this book being scaled down to movie length and not being seriously damaged.

Just my opinion.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers