Thread Rating:
  • 1 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Tomiris a girl out for revenge
Her mother died during childbirth so she was raised by the village chief who was her father. Of course he had wanted a son and heir yet nevertheless he raised her in love and taught her the fighting spirit. One night there was a raid and just about everyone was killed including her father. From that night on she committed herself to serving out justice to those who wronged herself and her family.

This is a story about the warring tribes of the steppes before they were united under a leader like Genghis but IMO this is the way it was for those of the Steppes.

Subtitles are required; Enjoy
The more I think about it I seem to remember a story about a warrior queen of the Scythian's who Rome hired as a mercenary band after they kicked Persia's and  Rome's butt a couple of times ?? This was a time in history where you got close and personal with you enemy...no push a button and make them disappear for sticka sticka stabba stabba and the occasional great shot with an arrow were your weapons at hand .. If there is such a thing as reincarnation I have little doubt I left some bones on a battlefield way back when !! hahahah probably more than once...
Good flick! It does seem to have some basis in historical fact. Props like costuming and hairstyles seem to be pretty accurate when compared against the mummies found in the Tarim Basin of China and art found on Scythian artifacts, so the film maker appear to have put some effort into historical accuracy.

China has apparently banned Western scientists from doing research on the Tarim mummies due to sensitive (to the CCP) political issues - the Tarim people appear to have been European, but being found on (currently) Chinese territory, I reckon they must want to preclude any political claims (particularly Uyghir) other than Chinese to the area.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Where do you find this stuff? Thanks!

Now, if only I had the patience to watch an entire movie  tinylaughing
Whoever  guessed Tomiris was Scythian you were correct !  13:45 in the video