Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Dems choose former US Navy Admiral Mike Franken
The Dems just chose former US Navy Admiral Mike Franken to run against 88 year old Chuck Grassley, is former head of military operations for AFRICOM.

Quote:Franken thinks his military background will make it harder for Republicans to attack him. He commanded a destroyer squadron, served in the late Sen. Ted Kennedy’s office and the Pentagon, and had a stint running military operations for US Africa Command.
Franken Wins Dem Senate Primary

[Image: wp4JcEE.jpg]

US revives its request to Nairobi to launch drone strikes from Kenya (May 31, 2022)

[Image: wdXhuVC.jpg]
The head of Kenya Defence Forces, Robert Kariuki Kibochi, with his American counterpart Gen Mark Milley.

No mention of this on the US AFRICOM twit acct. Worried about Russia though.

[Image: AwvtGpI.jpg]
https://twitter.com/USAfricaCommand/stat...1582102528

The bad news? The US is ramping up its drone-war in Somalia.

The good news? They're pretending to count the dead.
Quote:Is AFRICOM Returning to Transparency on Strike Death Tolls?

For the first time under Biden, an AFRICOM press release reported an assessed total death toll for a strike in Somalia.

On June 3, AFRICOM conducted its second air or drone strike in Somalia of 2022. The strike appears to have first been acknowledged in a press release from the Somali government followed by a press release from AFRICOM. Notably both press releases included an assessment that the strike had killed five “five al-Shabaab terrorists” while also assessing that due to its “remote location,” no civilians were killed.

With luck, the inclusion of an assessment of the total number of people killed by the strike is a sign that AFRICOM is returning to transparency regarding its death toll assessments.

And the band played on.

[Image: E0MNKlv.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(06-09-2022, 04:48 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: The Dems just chose former US Navy Admiral Mike Franken to run against 88 year old Chuck Grassley, is former head of military operations for AFRICOM.

Quote:In September 2021, Grassley announced his intention to run for an eighth term. His announcement was viewed as advantageous to Republicans seeking to hold Grassley's seat and to retake the Senate majority in 2022.

Another pair of candidates ... who are 'nothing like' the majority of people expected to cast votes.
It is a seriously sad state of affairs when an 88 year old is thought to be the most capable person to promote for the job.
But when our young folk don't mature until they are in their 60's and have been so conditioned that they are mere puppets, it really sheds a lot of light on the true condition that our condition is in.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-09-2022, 04:48 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: to run against 88 year old Chuck Grassley,
i got nothing against old folks, some consider me old folks to. but 88 fricking years old is to damn old to be up in the senate trying to keep up with whats happening in the country and it's best interests, not that most of them worry to much about that. death is walking up his sidewalk fixin to knock on his door.
time he step aside and let some other younger Republican run that maybe can win and won't die and leave the seat open for a dem one to step in.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(06-09-2022, 09:01 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 04:48 AM)EndtheMadnessNow Wrote: to run against 88 year old Chuck Grassley,

time he step aside and let some other younger Republican run that maybe can win and won't die and leave the seat open for a dem one to step in.

And ... doesn't it just seem like the perfect time?  I mean what with the impending Red Wave and all that. Whoever runs on the Republican Ticket has to be a shoe-in, right?  Why does an Old Guard type need another term?

It's not about the Party ... it's about holding on to Power.
(06-10-2022, 01:13 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-09-2022, 09:01 PM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:

And ... doesn't it just seem like the perfect time?  I mean what with the impending Red Wave and all that. Whoever runs on the Republican Ticket has to be a shoe-in, right?  Why does an Old Guard type need another term?

It's not about the Party ... it's about holding on to Power.

Agree with you on that note..."It's all about holding on to Power" - right to the grave. Also, Grassley is a long term Freemason, so I'm sure that plays a role too. I'm sure you've noticed so many are now in their 80s and beyond. 

The 80+ Club:
Pelosi = 82
Dianne Feinstein = 88 (turns 89 on June 22)
Maxine 'Mad Max' Waters = 83 (84 in August)
Bill Pascrell = 85
Grace Napolitano = 85
Pat Roberts = 86
Eddie Bernice Johnson = 86
Jim Inhofe = 87
Richard Shelby = 88 (supposedly not running in 2022)
Chuck Grassley = 88
Steny Hoyer = 83 (on June 14)
Hal Rogers = 84
Patrick Leahy = 82
Mitch McConnell = 80
Bernie Sanders = 80

Angus King = 78
Ben Cardin = 78
Jim Risch = 78
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.