Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Smoking Helps Protect Against Lung Cancer!
I came across this article on LA (Lucid Awaeneings), and found the information too important to not share here.  I ask that you go to that site thread to read all the information.  I just wanted to make sure people here didn't miss out.
Here is a link to the thread over there:  http://www.lucidawakenings.net/t/scienti...ancer/1394

Once again, our gooberment has lied to us.  They had to find something to blame the high rate of lung cancer on, so they blamed tobacco instead of taking responsibility that it was them and the release of plutonium into the air with nuclear testing.

Quote:Twelve years after the cataclysmic Trinity test, it became obvious to western governments that things were getting completely out of control, with a 1957 British Medical Research Council report stating that global “deaths from lung cancer have more than doubled during the period 1945 to 1955”, though no explanation was offered. During the same ten-year period, cancer deaths in the immediate proximity of Hiroshima and Nagasaki went up threefold. By the end of official atmospheric testing in 1963, the incidence of lung cancer in the Pacific Islands had increased fivefold since 1945. Having screwed your environment completely for 50,000 years, it was time for “big government” to start taking heavy diversionary action.

Quote:There are more than a million lethal doses per kilogram, meaning that your governments have contaminated your atmosphere with more than 715,000,000,000 [715 Billion] such doses, enough to cause lung or skin cancer 117 times in every man, woman and child on earth.

[Image: lung-cancer-mortality-country-gender.png]

I urge everyone to go to the thread on LA and read all the information.  It's quite astonishing to realize they are trying to kill us by making cigarettes look deadly, when in fact they can help save us!  LINK

No, wait!  On second thought, I'm not the least bit astonished!   smallnotamused

Quote:Many people ask exactly how it is that those smoking mice were protected from deadly radioactive particles, and even more are asking why real figures nowadays are showing far more non-smokers dying from lung cancer than smokers. Professor Sterling of the Simon Fraser University in Canada is perhaps closest to the truth, where he uses research papers to reason that smoking promotes the formation of a thin mucous layer in the lungs, "which forms a protective layer stopping any cancer-carrying particles from entering the lung tissue."

This is probably as close as we can get to the truth at present, and it does make perfect scientific sense. Deadly radioactive particles inhaled by a smoker would initially be trapped by the mucous layer, and then be ejected from the body before they could enter the tissue.

All of this may be a bit depressing for non-smokers, but there are probably one or two things you can do to minimize the risks as far as possible. Rather than shy away from smokers in your local pub or club, get as close as you can and breathe in their expensive second-hand smoke. Go on, don't be shy, suck in a few giant breaths. Or perhaps you could smoke one cigarette or small cigar after each meal, just three a day to build up a thin boundary mucous layer. If you cannot or will not do either of the above, consider phoning Michael Jackson to ask for a spare surgical mask!
The eggheads finally starting to admit what have long known ..... good maybe it will shut the idiots up who bitch about my smoking and wont have to knock some sense into them ..... *fires up cigar.... wanders off .... *
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Big thanks for the info Mystic .....  printing out the article .... then tearing down the damn no smoking signs in office that I paid no heed to anyway .....
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

yes, I Truly believe That Nuclear Testing and the Fall Out of Dust in Our Atmosphere has been one of the Largest Contributors to The Rise In Lung Cancer and other Cancers.

Could there be proof here in the movie production call Conqueror? Yes the John Wayne movie filmed in the Desert close to Yucca Flats where Above Ground Nuclear Test Were Conducted.
If I have my facts correct, didn't most if not all of the cast & crew die of Cancer?
Quote:In 1953, the year before production started, the US Atomic Energy Commission had tested 11 nuclear weapons at Yucca Flats in Nevada - including two exceptionally “dirty” above ground tests with high degrees of fallout. After each detonation, huge clouds of radioactive dust were blown into the atmosphere before floating downwind and accumulating in the funnel of Snow Canyon, 220km to the west. Or more precisely, exactly where The Conqueror would be shot in 1954.

Despite this knowledge – Wayne even invited his sons onto the set to see the radiation spikes on a Geiger counter – this is where the cast and crew would be located for the film’s entire production. Thirteen weeks of breathing in the dust and drinking from local streams. And then some: in the belated interests of ‘authenticity’, Howard Hughes later paid for 60 tons of the radioactive dirt to be shipped back to the RKO studio lot in Hollywood for reshoots.

The consequences were terrifying. By 1980, 91 of the 220 cast and crew had been diagnosed with cancer. Forty-six then died of it, including John Wayne, Dick Powell and every leading supporting cast member. Pedro Armendáriz would also be diagnosed, but committed suicide after hearing the news, shortly after filming From Russia With Love in 1963. Numerous American Indians who served as Mongolian warriors contracted cancer in later years, and even John Wayne’s son Michael died in 2003 of cancer, after visiting his father on the set at age 22.

Investigations since have questioned whether the Snow Canyon radiation was wholly to blame – instead arguing that the heavy smoking habits of the cast (John Wayne smoked five packs a day) could have been equally responsible. Even so, the idea that Wayne, the living embodiment of US superpatriot militarism, could have died as a result of military testing is ironic to say the least. Commenting in a People Magazine article on the deaths in 1980, a spokesman from the Pentagon Defense Nuclear Agency was moved to say: “Please, God, don’t let us have killed John Wayne.”
Source

Yes there's more.
Quote:Hollywood and the downwinders still grapple with nuclear fallout

The US turned swathes of desert radioactive during the cold war and denied it, bequeathing a medical mystery that still haunts Hollywood and rural Mormon communities and raises the question: how much do you trust the government?

[Image: 649.jpg?w=620&q=55&auto=format&usm=12&fi...86138f8ef2]
 John Wayne on the set of The Conqueror with a Geiger counter.
Quote:The photograph shows John Wayne with his two sons during a break in filming on the set of The Conqueror, a big budget blockbuster about Genghis Khan shot in the Utah desert in 1954. It was one of Hollywood’s most famous mis-castings. The duke could do many things but playing a 13th century Mongol warlord was not one of them. Film geeks consider it one of the great turkeys of Hollywood’s golden age.

There is another, darker reason it endures in film lore. The photograph hints at it. Wayne clutches a black metal box while another man appears to adjust the controls. Wayne’s two teenage sons, Patrick and Michael, gaze at it, clearly intrigued, perhaps a bit anxious. The actor himself appears relaxed, leaning on Patrick, his hat at a jaunty angle. The box, which rests on a patch of scrub, looks unremarkable. It is in fact a Geiger counter.
It is said to have crackled so loudly Wayne thought it was broken. Moving it to different clumps of rock and sand produced the same result. The star, by all accounts, shrugged it off.

The government had detonated atomic bombs at a test site in Nevada but that was more than a hundred miles away. Officials said the canyons and dunes around St George, a remote, dusty town where the film was shooting, was completely safe.
Last week, half a century later, Rebecca Barlow, a nurse practitioner at theRadiation Exposure Screening and Education Program (RESEP), which operates from the Dixie Regional Medical Center in St George, now a prosperous little city with an airport, leafed through her patient records. “More than 60% of this year’s patients are new,” she said. “Mostly breast and thyroid, also some leukaemia, colon, lung.”

This is a story about cancer. About how the United States turned swathes of the desert radioactive during the cold war and denied it, bequeathing a medical mystery which to this day haunts Hollywood and rural Mormon communities and raises a thorny question: how much should you trust the government?
“It’s gone into our DNA,” said Michelle Thomas, 63, an outspoken advocate for the so-called downwinders, the name given to the tens of thousands exposed to fallout. “I’ve lost count of the friends I’ve buried. I’m not patriotic. My government lied to me.”
Source

there you have what i think, I agree, with Mystic Wanderers Thread.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
Thanks for the information on John Wayne; I didn't know anything about that. It backs up what the article in the OP is saying.   minusculethumbsup 

People have already been so brainwashed into believing cigarettes are what gives people cancer because the gooberment needed a diversion to blame it on so they wouldn't be sued by millions of people who got it.
It will be very hard to convince people now that it's the shit the gooberment put into the air that is/was causing it. Yes, it's still there, and it's all over the Earth.

I don't know about you all, but I have known several people who have smoked well into their sixties, never having any lung problems (other than a little short of breath when walking long distances)... until a few years later after they quit.  Some went 10 or more years, but they died of lung cancer in the end.  Was it because they no longer had that protective layer in their lungs? 

Does it have to do with how long the person has smoked?  Does the layer build up over time, and after it is all gone, based on how many years it takes to clear the lungs out, that's when the cancer starts... when the protective layer is gone?

I actually considered not quitting because I had seen this happen so often.  I figured something must happen in the body after a person quits that triggers the cells to start the cancer process because of the changes it wasn't used to.
Now I know the answer, or at least part of it. 

I think I might start having one after meals, if I can handle the taste and smell now.
Last time I tried one it made me sick and so dizzy I could barely walk.   minusculepuke YUCK!
I just saw the John Wayne story on a show about a week ago. Mysteries at the museum or something? But yeah, pretty messed up for those guys (especially considering the movie was the worst bomb in Hollywood History ... no pun intended).

I don't know if the science behind this holds up, but I feel somewhat vindicated even if it's slightly true. For years I've been complaining about all of the things that are "bad" for us and big bad government regulates, stipulates, and (frankly exaggerates) everything we put in our bodies. My comeback for cancer was always this exact thing. We've been detonating nuclear f'n weapons in our seas, skies, and soils for decades but yet smoking pot is the problem? Tobacco? Drinking alcohol? Most people can't pronounce a single ingredient in their deodorants, shampoo's, soaps, and body creams but yeah: smoking kills. Most of kids my age grew up sticking our faces in front of microwaves for probably hundreds of hours every year, but yeah: smoking kills.

Radioactive oceans, radioactive atmosphere, 3-mile, Chernobyl, Fukushima, The entire Western Desert area, but yeah: smoking kills.

I'm pretty sure putting any foreign substance in your body by smoking probably isn't good for your lungs. But when they find out you smoked it's the automatic "oh yeah, that's why you got cancer". My grandpa practically ate asbestos for breakfast in the 50's and 60's but nope, smoking killed him. I quit 3 years ago in August (and don't miss it - I had 2 cigars over that time frame but nothing else), switched to vaping and I can see the difference in my breathing and energy. But there is nothing that will change my mind about the decades of global pollution that isn't something we can sweep under the rug. Can you imagine if dust and dirt in your house had a half-life of 10,000 years? You wouldn't tolerate it.
@"DuckforcoveR" 

Quote:I don't know if the science behind this holds up, but I feel somewhat vindicated even if it's slightly true.

Did you read that article I linked?  The evidence is all there.  It even tells how smoking helps stop lung cancer down in the article.  I posted that in the OP too, I think. 
If you haven't read it, you should... all of it.  Then tell your friends and pass this around so people know how the gooberment lies to us!!!!!!!!!!!

So many lies being exposed lately!  It makes me wonder if they have told us the truth about ANYTHING! tinyok
@"Mystic Wanderer" 
I have to believe that Plain Tobacco with out the Bug Spray and other chemicals wouldn't be all that bad, one of the new treatments to cigarettes that they added, it puts the cigarette out after 10 minutes I think, That can not be good for you.

The Chemicals, That's what'll kill ya, along with all the Pollutants that DuckforcoveR was mentioning.
Maybe these old ad's are telling the truth.
[Image: 7cdae6c4cbe8672a0d96cf02559ec162.jpg] [Image: 77f4b0af4163849352cbb8364edb5cb9.jpg] [Image: 7-Camels%E2%80%93More-Doctors-Smoke-Camels.jpg] [Image: tumblr_mza8r6YRNP1qbvx0xo1_500.gif] [Image: cigarette-ads-viceroy-stanford.jpg] [Image: Cigarettesmain.gif]