Thread Rating:
  • 3 Vote(s) - 4.67 Average
This is how you take back your streets
If folks are wondering how you take back your streets from criminals running rampant in the face of governmental inaction and police cut backs in this day and time, it's all happened before... and this is how a Ranger handled it.

Note that this action forced the government to take action and increase police funding rather than de-funding their police. This is how it's done. it's a message to the government - "Get your shit together and do your fucking job.Iif you don't, we will, and we won't be as nice as you about it."

If the government hadn't stepped in to rectify things, all their pet criminals would have gotten smoked, and they damned well knew it. Not to mention how it points out the corruption, inefficiency, and abject ineffectiveness of the government when the people have to handle matters themselves.

If we have to do it for ourselves, what the hell do we even need a government for?

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

Another example.

And the sumbitches in DC want to disarm us and leave us defenseless against the rising tide.

They can kiss my ass with loud lip smacking noises.

Note that here again, the police stood down, tucked in their tails, and ran like hell leaving the citizen to fend for themselves.

For FOUR DAYS.

It was only after 4 days of this riotous mayhem that the government was finally pushed in to doing something before they lost ALL of their per criminals, so they sent in Marines and National Guard to patrol the streets.

FOUR DAYS of governmental malfeasance while bullets were flying the entire time.

You can't count on them to save you from their pet criminals in the best of times, much less under the current regime.

Never let them disarm you. As a matter of fact, whenever they start talking about taking your guns, you'd better start asking what they are planning on doing to you that you might feel a need to defend against.

Diogenes was eating bread and lentils for supper. He was seen by the philosopher Aristippus, who lived comfortably by flattering the king.

Said Aristippus, ‘If you would learn to be subservient to the king you would not have to live on lentils.’ Said Diogenes, ‘Learn to live on lentils and you will not have to be subservient to the king.’

(06-05-2022, 02:54 AM)Ninurta Wrote: If folks are wondering how you take back your streets from criminals running rampant in the face of governmental inaction and police cut backs in this day and time, it's all happened before... and this is how a Ranger handled it.

Woot! Go Rangers, BYOB!! Wow, first I ever heard of that story. Amazing nobody was supposedly killed. I've read where alot of cops (over 100 this year alone) have left the Seattle force...retired early & resigned.
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

Thanks for posting these, I never heard of the Ash St thing, will watch that later.

The roof Koreans are legendary, odd how their stores were the only ones safe, so much for "the government will protect you".
(06-05-2022, 02:54 AM)Ninurta Wrote: If folks are wondering how you take back your streets from criminals running rampant in the face of governmental inaction and police cut backs in this day and time, it's all happened before... and this is how a Ranger handled it.

Note that this action forced the government to take action and increase police funding rather than de-funding their police. This is how it's done. it's a message to the government - "Get your shit together and do your fucking job.Iif you don't, we will, and we won't be as nice as you about it."

If the government hadn't stepped in to rectify things, all their pet criminals would have gotten smoked, and they damned well knew it. Not to mention how it points out the corruption, inefficiency, and abject ineffectiveness of the government when the people have to handle matters themselves.

If we have to do it for ourselves, what the hell do we even need a government for?

Was the movie Grand Torino loosely based one this incident?

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(06-05-2022, 04:48 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:

Was the movie Grand Torino loosely based one this incident?

Have you seen the movie?

I don't think it's very comparable, at all.
(06-05-2022, 04:50 AM)MisterSpock Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 04:48 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Was the movie Grand Torino loosely based one this incident?

Have you seen the movie?

They do have certain similarities - gangs terrorizing a neighborhood? Check. One veteran stands up and says "not on my watch"? Check. Where Walt came up with a plan that killed him, but worked, this Ranger came up with a plan that involved calling in some friends, and also worked.

I was over on Reddit and some people were bitching about cops in our town not doing anything. They all got mad because I said last year you all wanted to defund the police. These people apparently have short memories. 

minusculebonker
The Truth is Out There, Somewhere
(06-05-2022, 07:07 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 04:50 AM)MisterSpock Wrote:
(06-05-2022, 04:48 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Was the movie Grand Torino loosely based one this incident?

... this Ranger came up with a plan that involved calling in some friends, and also worked.

They got VERY lucky. Somebody very powerful must have stepped-in to ensure they weren't prosecuted. Very lucky!!
Here is the big problem when the cops don't step in to protect the public. (Which, by the way SCOTUS ruled they do not have to)

Citizens will step up as you have pointed out. That is perfectly normal. But...(adjusts tin foil hat)

Those citizens protecting themselves face legal problems as bad if not worse than the criminals. The cops will arrest you for doing what they were supposed to do but didn't. 

Ever take a CCW class? The vast majority of the material is about how to lawyer-up and what to do when you are taken to jail.

IMHO, this is by design. Circumstances have been cultivated to promote lawlessness. Those committing the crimes are somewhat sheltered from repercussions. The state agencies emplaced to maintain the laws are neutered. The citizen, left with little choice, must protect themselves. When they do, they face serious legal problems. 

What does this picture demonstrate?
(06-05-2022, 09:11 PM)kdog Wrote: I was over on Reddit and some people were bitching about cops in our town not doing anything. They all got mad because I said last year you all wanted to defund the police. These people apparently have short memories. 

minusculebonker

The defund the police nonsense was not a thing out here in the woods. But we are unincorporated and none of the deputies want to come out to these woods anyway.

Used to be a rare occurrence that they did come out,vand it was usually for illegal businesses like selling of animal products without all the legal restrictions put in place by the county.

Another issue is that a lot of the people that worked the area, lived in the area, so there was that. 

Crime has doubled in the area, but so has the population. I guess it makes sense.

You have a lot of city dwellers that move out to the country for space, to be close with nature, so they say, and the first thing the do is destroy the space, they want to kill any creature they don't think is cute and cuddly, and wants to remove anything that is natural.

They hate the country bumpkins. They hate the dirt roads. They constantly complain about how far everything is, so they try to replicate the place they left behind.

So I guess we would have an increase in criminal acts, since there is a lot of love lost, and no mutual respect among the various groups.

There was a time that no doors were locked. You told your neighbors when you were going to be away from the homestead for a while. They looked after the place for you and would borrow and return tools or equipment if needed.

Some of that still exists. I have keys to several of my neighbors houses, they have keys to mine. We try to be welcoming of the new folk, but most of them are not understanding of country folk. They don't know how to mind their business, protect their privacy, and still be an active member in a cohesive community. 

Police included.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

@"Snarl" - I'd say you're right, to a degree. City cops and city prosecutors are a different breed from rural ones. I'd also say that being Rangers had a lot to do with them skating. There is a certain "brotherhood" that is generally unspoken but recognized among men who carry guns for a living. The average citizen may carry a gun, but does not carry it for a living, and that makes the difference.

I can recall doing security at a store that was going out of business, and there was an off-duty police officer doing security at the store next door in that strip mall, and as soon as he saw me there he came up and said "Man am I glad to see you here! This is a rough place, and now I know there is someone else on site to have my back, so I won't have to wait so long for backup to arrive". It's like that - they may not know you personally, but they recognize we are all on the same team.

I've been arrested twice back in those days. The first was not very cordial. I was being arrested on bullshit charges by a newly-minted badge heavy cop who got to bragging about how he'd "had guns pulled on him", and I knew that was bullshit, too, and told him so. I got a little mouthy about it, probably mouthier than I should have gotten, but I have a pretty low bullshit threshold. as near as I recall, what I said was "Bullshit. I bet you ain't been a cop for six months, and I also bet that if anyone ever pulled a gun on you, you'd piss all over yourself" - and away to jail I went. Not for long - the magistrate turned me loose on O.R., and when it came to trial, the judge read the arresting officer the riot act and threw thee case out of court. I guess they both knew bullshit when they smelled it, too.

The second arrest was pretty cordial, and also on  bullshit charges. The arresting officer in that case was called as a witness by the prosecution, and instead spoke on my behalf when he got on the stand. Judge found me not guilty in that case.

Generally, I keep my dealings with the police on a cordial basis, and that pays off in the end. I have thanked officers for giving me tickets. That will get you a funny look from them, and one went so far as to ask me if I was being a smartass. I explained to him that no, I was not being a smartass - if someone had me down on the ground pounding the shit out of me, he'd step in and haul them off of me, because that is his job, and I'd be damned grateful for him doing his job... and likewise, in the case of giving me a ticket, he was also dong his job, so it would be irrational for me to be grateful in the one case and not the other, because both cases meant he was doing hi job.

Sometimes, it's a matter of how you deal with them that sets the tone. In the Ranger case, when the cops arrived they laid down their arms and cooperated, and that buys a lot of mileage over and above the "brotherhood" thing. Furthermore, the sergeant lived there, and the grill going in his back yard explained why there were so many Rangers gathered in one place... and above that, the cops had to chase the fleeing attackers down, so it was probably pretty obvious to them who belonged there and who brought the fight in. In other words, it should have been obvious to them that they didn't have a case against the Rangers, who on the face of the evidence were just defending themselves from an attack, which is what they were trained to do in the first place.

I've told the tale before, but in late summer or early fall of 2014, my house was mistakenly surrounded by a county SWAT team and a Tac Team from the State Police. I had no idea who they were. It was dark, and all I knew was that there were armed men hiding in the shadows outside my house, so I grabbed a rifle and went out on the balcony to light them up. If a surprise party is going to be sprung, I prefer to be the one springing the surprises. Doesn't always work out just they way you'd expect, though.

Imagine my surprise when I found about an acre of cops. It got a little exciting for a minute, but we got it sorted out without me getting shot or going to jail. Most of the cops were local boys from the Sheriff's Department, and the site commander was a local deputy, and I think in that case that made a lot of difference. Rural officers have a slightly different attitude from urban officers.

@"Abnarty" - yeah, I've taken a CCW class. I used to have to take the equivalent of one every year for my in-service retraining when I'd go for my yearly re-qualifications. One year, the instructor mentioned that our in-service training was the same thing as the CCW courses he taught, and he gave several of us CCW certificates due that that fact, no extra charge.

It's always a good idea to lawyer up if you have to pop smoke on someone's ass. If not because of the police and prosecutors, then because if the target lives, you can be sure of being sued in Civil Court, at the very least, and sometimes even if he doesn't. I knew a guy long ago that did 15 years in the state pen for shooting a guy and just wounding him, and he was flat out told that if he had killed the guy instead, he'd have never done a day. It was the "victim" coming into the court room in a wheel chair to testify that got him convicted, as it roused the sympathy of the jury.

Once the lights go out, random chance and sometimes Mr. Murphy  takes over, and there is no way of knowing what things are gonna look like at the other end of that tunnel-vision until you get to the end of it.

(06-06-2022, 03:02 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Circumstances have been cultivated to promote lawlessness. The citizen, left with little choice, must protect themselves. When they do, they face serious legal problems. 

Time to realize cops work for the system ... not the taxpayer.  If the system is the enemy ... so are the cops.

You can get on your knees and let them take your guns. You can wait (on your knees again) to be arrested for defending yourself. Or, you can fight the system and make the price they have to pay so high they'll surrender. Do not read that as 'quit' ... because one side or the other is gonna be disarmed before the lead stops flying.

The dam sure looks like it's going to burst before too long.
(06-06-2022, 06:02 PM)Ninurta Wrote: City cops and city prosecutors are a different breed from rural ones.

I've been arrested twice back in those days.
I was arrested once by a couple of worthless POSs.  Judge had me plead guilty to the charges for a $5 fine.  Left me with a real hate for city cops ... and I carried a badge when that happened.
(06-06-2022, 06:02 PM)Ninurta Wrote: Generally, I keep my dealings with the police on a cordial basis, and that pays off in the end.

Sometimes, it's a matter of how you deal with them that sets the tone.

Imagine my surprise when I found about an acre of cops.

Not for me anymore.  If I get pulled over there's not much dialog gonna go on there. If they're at the house, they'd be wise to have brought an acre of cops.  Geez - are you serious? That ... and coming outside with a rifle. I'm surprised you're not voting Democrat every election with the rest of the dead guys.
I did run the sheriff off of my Florida property.  Kid you not, I calculated burying him right then and there ... and he saw it on my face.  Every time I think of that event it makes me remember that old joke about the ship's captain wearing his red shirt into the fray.
(06-06-2022, 06:51 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 03:02 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: Circumstances have been cultivated to promote lawlessness. The citizen, left with little choice, must protect themselves. When they do, they face serious legal problems. 

Time to realize cops work for the system ... not the taxpayer.  If the system is the enemy ... so are the cops.

You can get on your knees and let them take your guns. You can wait (on your knees again) to be arrested for defending yourself. Or, you can fight the system and make the price they have to pay so high they'll surrender. Do not read that as 'quit' ... because one side or the other is gonna be disarmed before the lead stops flying.

The dam sure looks like it's going to burst before too long.

We've been here before, a few times. Every time a school or a party gets shot up by a lunatic, the opposition starts screaming for "gun control", and the armed side reacts negatively to that and starts chanting "from my cold dead hands", and the battle lines are drawn.

I doubt that much will come of it this time, either, other than gun sales shooting through the roof and prices climbing to the sky. Maybe another bullshit "red flag law" as if that's gonna do anything to ease things.

It's the "red flag" laws that really burn my biscuits. since they are promoted by Marxists with the intent of disarming their victims, they target the guns instead of the problem, which is the perpetrators. What you get then is some fucking lunatic still on the loose amongst us, only now more pissed off and even more alienated because they targeted him to take his guns instead of, you know, locking him up away from society for treatment, and leaving his guns where they lay. Both ways separate him from his guns, but only one of those ways actually addresses the problem by getting him out of polite society and into a treatment stage to end the problem.

So now, this further embittered malcontent just uses explosives instead, or maybe takes a trip to the gas station to get some gas and oil and shop rags to fill a few glass bottles with to really tear some shit up.

So by calling for more gun laws, they are really barking up the wrong tree, as it does not address the root problem. Weren't the Democrats once upon a time all about "root causes" in the illegal invasion debate? Well, they failed there, too, and I reckon gave up their crusade against "root causes", because they couldn't figure out a way to address them, and instead elected to go the ineffective route that only exacerbates things and makes them worse.

It may be a little worse this time, since the Democrats perceive themselves to be on their last legs and about to be tossed out of DC on their asses. If their past performance is to be used as a guide, they have no intention of, you know, making their constituency happy, and instead will double down on stupid and try to get something passed before they are handed their walking papers and lose their majorities. That has been their historical pattern, and what gave us the 1994 "Assault Weapon" ban, which was annoying but pretty ineffective.

I live in Virginia. A couple years ago, the Marxists took Richmond by storm and set about trying to disarm us, and there was a grassroots uproar. It made nearly every county in the state a "Second Amendment Sanctuary". The net result was a lot of pissed off constituents, a bullshit "red flag" law, and the elections this past election cycle that tossed them out on their asses and replaced them with conservatives.

This county was the first in Virginia to re-authorize a militia, so that people could take advantage of the military and police exceptions to disarmament. One sheriff in a county east of here threatened to deputize every citizen in his county, for the same reason. The legislature seems to have got the message that the people, and even the cops, were utterly displeased by them, and if they didn't get the memo then, this past election showed them the light.

The sheriff in the last county I lived in - one of the few Democrats I've ever voted for - quit the Democrat party and became a Republican over their dumbassed moves. That created an uproar there, but now several other sheriffs in other nearby counties have done the same thing.

So, at least out here, I'm pretty sure if they ever come for our guns, it will be only feds, and there are only so many of them to go around. they'll get spread mighty thin... especially considering that it probably won't just be individual homeowners they are up against, but instead a coordinated militia who were born understanding guerrilla tactics, and likely more than a few local sheriff's departments to have to contend with. It would be hard for them to mass overwhelming force on a single point target like they have to do to win under those conditions.

I did the math back when we were going all Second Amendment Sanctuary around here, and even if Northam had ordered out ALL of the State Police and ALL of the Virginia National Guard, they would have gotten decimated in pretty short order, because there are just not enough of them to go around considering the number of armed and pissed off citizens here that they would have been up against. Add to that the fact that all of them had to live in the community, and would have found themselves arrayed against their friends, neighbors, and their own families, and I expect their desertion rate would have been pretty high, too. Trump was president then, so if he countered Northam by "federalizing" the guard and ordering them to stand down, it would have even been more one-sided.

And, as you mentioned in another post, creating 100 million armed instant felons with nothing left to lose would not be the smartest thing they have done all week, which is saying something given the fact that they have not done many overly bright things since taking office.

They cannot win, and the sooner they reach that realization, the sooner we can get to the serious business of actually addressing the real problems.

(06-06-2022, 07:37 PM)Ninurta Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 06:51 PM)Snarl Wrote:
(06-06-2022, 03:02 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: What does this picture demonstrate?

We've been here before, a few times. Every time a school or a party gets shot up by a lunatic, the opposition starts screaming for "gun control", and the armed side reacts negatively to that and starts chanting "from my cold dead hands", and the battle lines are drawn.

I doubt that much will come of it this time, either, other than gun sales shooting through the roof and prices climbing to the sky. Maybe another bullshit "red flag law" as if that's gonna do anything to ease things.

Your clarity of thought on these issues is  minusculeclap

One thing about clinging to guns I didn't expect: I'm so deeply invested in mine that I'm unwilling to even negotiate at this point.  None of mine are safe queens ... so they don't have any staggering value ... except to me. And, while I still love to shoot and reload, I think I'd rather go out with my bow more than the guns.  Whole lot easier to get setup and cleaner when you're all finished.
Fuck you, and fuck your streets.

Your online macho bullshit makes exactly zero difference.
"Man is fully responsible for his nature and his choices."

-Jean-Paul Sartre
So, this is really what they’ve decided to go with, huh. I guess swamp gas has interfered with a weather balloon.

[Image: U7YczCS.jpg]

WSJ | Alt link

I guess the school was built like a magical Faraday cage that allows cellphone signals but not radio.

[Image: Y6c9IIL.jpg]
The Philadelphia Inquirer

These are budget proposals, not what the city actually spends. Per the Philadelphia Inquirer, the PPD is over budget this year and the city expects to pay out $758M on their behalf.

Seems a high number of them are even pulling disability fraud at the moment.

[Image: DRHyct2.jpg]
The Philadelphia Inquirer

Wait, wait, I got a solution...

I guess it will soon (now?) be up to us to serve law & [dis]order. Godspeed, ya'll!

[Image: pb5pqJF.jpg]
"The New World fell not to a sword but to a meme." – Daniel Quinn

"Our society is run by insane people for insane objectives. I think we're being run by maniacs for maniacal ends and I think I'm liable to be put away as insane for expressing that." ― John Lennon

Rogue News says that the US is a reality show posing as an Empire.

(06-06-2022, 08:25 PM)Finspiracy Wrote: Fuck you, and fuck your streets.

Your online macho bullshit makes exactly zero difference.

I believe the working theory is "fight fire with fire", a concept that works well with controlling an actual wildfire.

What would make a difference in a crime infested area and the gun violence they perpetuate?

Prevention programs involving drug rehabilitation and mental health treatment perhaps?

Maybe you would go with stricter gun control laws, even out right gun bans?

The macho bullshit has made a difference when the authorities aren't there or wont go there until the perps have long gone and you're stone dead. It may not be the best solution for the problem, but I don't see you offering any better solutions.