Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Arrests made after group hacks c.i.a directors aol
Thought aol was long gone by now ..... evidently not as C(aught) I(n the) A(cts) directors aol account got hacked ..... he mustve take lessons from killery on how run secure email ..... 

head spooks aol hackers pinched
Better to reign in hell ....
  than serve in heaven .....

Quote:Slashdot reader FullBandwidth writes:

U.S. authorities have arrested two North Carolina men accused of hacking into the private email accounts of high-ranking U.S. intelligence officials. [The men] will be extradited next week to Alexandria, where federal prosecutors for the Eastern District of Virginia have spent months building a case against a group that calls itself Crackas With Attitude... Authorities say the group included three teenage boys being investigated in the United Kingdom.

The group used social engineering to access the email accounts of John Brennan, the director of the CIA, as well as the Director of National Intelligence, and former FBI deputy director Mark Giuliano, according to the article. One exploit involved "posing as a Verizon technician and tricking the company's tech-support unit into revealing the CIA director's account number, password and other details."

An FBI affidavit alleges that a British teenager named "Cracka" also began forwarding the calls of a former FBI deputy director "to a number associated with the Free Palestine Movement," while "D3F4ULT" paid for a campaign of harassing phone calls.

In addition, "According to the affidavit, Cracka appears to have gotten into the law enforcement database simply by calling an FBI help desk and asking for Giuliano's password to be reset..."

"One member told CNN [In a video interview] that he smoked marijuana 'all day every day' and was 'probably' high when gaining access to high-level accounts."

Not bad, not bad at all.
Except they needed to work more on NOT getting caught. LOL. 

Darn, they never got to release the emails to the public, shucks.
Bet Mr.CIA man had some interesting emails to read.

a.k.a. 'snarky412'

"One member told CNN [In a video interview] that he smoked marijuana 'all day every day' and was 'probably' high when gaining access to high-level accounts."

Really?  They had to through that in there?  Because that just shows the world that just because you smoke pot, doesn't mean your stupid.  I mean, yeah, they got caught, but I couldn't do it. 

LOL
@"senona" 
Quote:Bet Mr.CIA man had some interesting emails to read.

You can Be Sure of it, Like the Measurements of an Operative and how well she or he performed!  smallslavedriver mediumbluetongue
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]