Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Was Whitmer Really in Danger of Being Kidnapped
There was a lot of attention given to the so-called attempted kidnapping of Gretchen Whitmer.
The FBI sting supposedly derailed the attempt.  And a lot of men got caught in the sting.

Recently, 2 men were acquired and 2 others got a mistrial.  Seems the jury didn't fall for what the media and prosecutors told.   A good read:
A Stunning Surprise In The Michigan Kidnapping Case Calls The Government’s Domestic Terror Strategy Into Question

Quote:Defense attorneys in both the state and federal cases contended, in a series of court filings and pretrial hearings, that their clients may have been loudmouths, or even anti-government cranks, but they never actually intended to hurt anyone — and couldn’t have pulled off a kidnapping to save their own lives. Fox, the lawyers noted, was so hapless he lived in the basement of a vacuum cleaner store and was forced to go to the Mexican restaurant next door when he needed to use the bathroom. Croft, for his part, ranted about shooting down airships, cutting down every tree on the border between Ohio and Michigan, and setting off electromagnetic pulse weapons that his lawyer, Joshua Blanchard, characterized at trial as “movie stuff.”

And if you think that was interesting.....

FBI Kidnapping Caper Was Flagrant Election Interference
Quote:The Justice Department and FBI have lots of explaining to do—so, too, does Andrew Birge. Hundreds of hours of secret recordings and thousands of texts fail to prove what Birge said in his initial press conference: there was no evidence to support his claim that the defendants wanted to “kidnap” Whitmer before Election Day. After all, if no kidnapping conspiracy or legitimate threat existed, no deadline existed, either.
The only people pushing to do something big before Election Day resided in the J. Edgar Hoover Building in Washington, D.C..
In a redux of the 2016 Trump-Russia collusion farce designed to sabotage Trump before Election Day, the FBI used its powerful resources to again interfere in a presidential election to help the Democratic nominee for president. News of the arrests made national headlines for days; Joe Biden made the most of the political gift to his campaign.
"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.  Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. 
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.  And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.  Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain." Frank Herbert, Dune
@"DontTreadOnMe" 

It's all theatre.  It's all designed to manipulate.

I'd trust a Bill Cosby cocktail before I'd trust the FBI and politicians.
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(04-12-2022, 12:52 AM)beez Wrote: @"DontTreadOnMe" 

It's all theatre.  It's all designed to manipulate.

I'd trust a Bill Cosby cocktail before I'd trust the FBI and politicians.

The other problem is those who try this crap are DUMB.. They only want their participation ribbon and platitudes from their superiors.. They can think no farther than being a team player.. I say chose your team well Padawan and avoid the Dark Side.
I have to agree with @"beez"  and  @"727Sky" 
My husband says it is much deeper, they (FBI) were looking to cultivate Snitches/Rats/ Squealers to get evidence on someone or something else and it Backfired or Failed and Imbarrassed the New College Boy FBI agents.   
They don't really know how to play the game, these are my husbands words.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]
(04-12-2022, 02:37 AM)guohua Wrote: I have to agree with @"beez"  and  @"727Sky" 
My husband says it is much deeper, they (FBI) were looking to cultivate Snitches/Rats/ Squealers to get evidence on someone or something else and it Backfired or Failed and Imbarrassed the New College Boy FBI agents.   

They'll learn.

China is a very good teacher.

Wouldn't you agree, ma'am?
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln
(04-12-2022, 12:48 AM)DontTreadOnMe Wrote: There was a lot of attention given to the so-called attempted kidnapping of Gretchen Whitmer.
The FBI sting supposedly derailed the attempt.  And a lot of men got caught in the sting.

Recently, 2 men were acquired and 2 others got a mistrial.  Seems the jury didn't fall for what the media and prosecutors told.   A good read:
A Stunning Surprise In The Michigan Kidnapping Case Calls The Government’s Domestic Terror Strategy Into Question

Quote:Defense attorneys in both the state and federal cases contended, in a series of court filings and pretrial hearings, that their clients may have been loudmouths, or even anti-government cranks, but they never actually intended to hurt anyone — and couldn’t have pulled off a kidnapping to save their own lives. Fox, the lawyers noted, was so hapless he lived in the basement of a vacuum cleaner store and was forced to go to the Mexican restaurant next door when he needed to use the bathroom. Croft, for his part, ranted about shooting down airships, cutting down every tree on the border between Ohio and Michigan, and setting off electromagnetic pulse weapons that his lawyer, Joshua Blanchard, characterized at trial as “movie stuff.”

And if you think that was interesting.....

FBI Kidnapping Caper Was Flagrant Election Interference
Quote:The Justice Department and FBI have lots of explaining to do—so, too, does Andrew Birge. Hundreds of hours of secret recordings and thousands of texts fail to prove what Birge said in his initial press conference: there was no evidence to support his claim that the defendants wanted to “kidnap” Whitmer before Election Day. After all, if no kidnapping conspiracy or legitimate threat existed, no deadline existed, either.
The only people pushing to do something big before Election Day resided in the J. Edgar Hoover Building in Washington, D.C..
In a redux of the 2016 Trump-Russia collusion farce designed to sabotage Trump before Election Day, the FBI used its powerful resources to again interfere in a presidential election to help the Democratic nominee for president. News of the arrests made national headlines for days; Joe Biden made the most of the political gift to his campaign.

They say correlation dosnt equal causation.  However......

https://thepostmillennial.com/head-fbi-d...fice-jan-6
(04-12-2022, 03:15 AM)beez Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 02:37 AM)guohua Wrote: I have to agree with @"beez"  and  @"727Sky" 

They'll learn.

I do agree, they could call me, may training fee would not be as drastic as Chinas.
(04-12-2022, 03:27 AM)guohua Wrote:

They'll learn.

I do agree, they could call me, may training fee would not be as drastic as Chinas.

Does your training include a good whipping and lashing while in handcuffs ?    That's worth a fair bit here y'know.

Bally:)
(04-12-2022, 05:02 AM)Bally002 Wrote:
(04-12-2022, 03:27 AM)guohua Wrote:

They'll learn.

Does your training include a good whipping and lashing while in handcuffs ?    That's worth a fair bit here y'know.

Bally:)

Yes,,, yes it does. That is something I am VERY Good At  tinybigeyes
Kinda smells like the "terrorist" busts the FBI made in previous years. Where in actuality, they radicalized the people and supplied them with the tools just so they could bust them.
(04-12-2022, 12:38 PM)FauxMulder Wrote: Kinda smells like the "terrorist" busts the FBI made in previous years. Where in actuality, they radicalized the people and supplied them with the tools just so they could bust them.

Doesn't it though........ minusculesoapbox
"I must not fear.  Fear is the mind-killer.  Fear is the little-death that brings total obliteration. 
I will face my fear.  I will permit it to pass over me and through me.  And when it has gone past, I will turn the inner eye to see its path.  Where the fear has gone there will be nothing.
Only I will remain." Frank Herbert, Dune
Same garbage as J6. Russian collusion. Etc. 

Made-up garbage. Beat it to death in the press. Boogie men everywhere. 

Then when it finally gets to trial, there's nothing there but the purpose has been served.
I'm pretty sure that if the FBI would have kept up the instigation of those guys, they might have eventually done something.  The whole thing would have just been bar talk...all words and no action if the FBI didn't keep up their actions.  Instigating people to do a crime should be illegal no matter if it is done by a regular citizen or by a government agency or police agency.

I think that those agents that were egging these people on should be charged with a crime....what if they would have actually done something and someone got hurt?
The only thing Whitmer was ever really worried about was not making it to the break-room before all the jelly donuts were gone!

I can't stand that sow of a Marxist dictator!

Gretchen, here's the very best thing I can say about you...

fartingemoji
And that's being overly nice!
(04-15-2022, 05:25 AM)rickymouse Wrote: I'm pretty sure that if the FBI would have kept up the instigation of those guys, they might have eventually done something.  The whole thing would have just been bar talk...all words and no action if the FBI didn't keep up their actions.  Instigating people to do a crime should be illegal no matter if it is done by a regular citizen or by a government agency or police agency.

I think that those agents that were egging these people on should be charged with a crime....what if they would have actually done something and someone got hurt?

I haven't been following this one at all, just catching a few things here and there. I knew from the moment it came out it was bogus, typical FBI M.O.

I agree with Ricky. Who exactly came up with the plan? Who was working on the details and pushing the idea? Was it one or more of the many agents involved?

If it was the agents who hatched the plot and pushed it on these dimwits, then they are guilty of conspiracy against the government of Michigan in this plot to kidnap the governor. This would be no different than the federal government making plans to overthrow a state's government, an act of war in my opinion. Maybe that was what this was all about, instigating a civil war, if not, it may have become that IMO.