Thread Rating:
  • 4 Vote(s) - 5 Average
What Are The Chances?
Throwing this out there because when crazy stuff happens it is just too hard to make sense out of.

I lost my wallet. The last place I remembered having it, was in a local grocery store. I called customer service at the store and asked if anyone had turned in my wallet. I knew the chances of that happening, with or without my belongings was very slim, but what did I have to lose? They told me they did not have the wallet, that no one had turned it in, but they took my name and telephone, and said they would call me if it showed up.

A couple of hours later, I got a call from the store, someone had turned in my wallet! I was ecstatic. I drove back to the store, and they handed me my wallet. Except................ it was not my wallet.

What the hell are the chances that someone with my same name, would lose their wallet, in the same store where I had shopped?

Her driver's license was in the wallet, and there was no way we would ever be mistaken for each other, and our names are not that common, not at all!

I found my wallet under my car seat the next day. So all was well for both of us.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

(04-11-2022, 02:48 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Throwing this out there because when crazy stuff happens it is just too hard to make sense out of.

I lost my wallet. The last place I remembered having it, was in a local grocery store. I called customer service at the store and asked if anyone had turned in my wallet. I knew the chances of that happening, with or without my belongings was very slim, but what did I have to lose? They told me they did not have the wallet, that no one had turned it in, but they took my name and telephone, and said they would call me if it showed up.

A couple of hours later, I got a call from the store, someone had turned in my wallet! I was ecstatic. I drove back to the store, and they handed me my wallet. Except................ it was not my wallet.

What the hell are the chances that someone with my same name, would lose their wallet, in the same store where I had shopped?

Her driver's license was in the wallet, and there was no way we would ever be mistaken for each other, and our names are not that common, not at all!

I found my wallet under my car seat the next day. So all was well for both of us.

somebodies tellin ya something, check all your personal Information.
[Image: TWBB.png]

(04-11-2022, 03:04 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote: I found my wallet under my car seat the next day. So all was well for both of us.

somebodies tellin ya something, check all your personal Information.

I checked her out. She is just as legit as I am. And we are not related.

Just a weird coincidence that reminds me how small our world really is.

• minusculebeercheers 

I've never lost my wallet but the eldest offspring has lost hers nearly a dozen times. She was the world's worst about putting her belongings on the roof of her vehicle while unlocking her door and then forgetting her stuff and driving off. That is how I came to learn there is a finite amount of times that you can get a replacement for your social security card! 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(04-11-2022, 08:38 PM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: I've never lost my wallet but the eldest offspring has lost hers nearly a dozen times. She was the world's worst about putting her belongings on the roof of her vehicle while unlocking her door and then forgetting her stuff and driving off. That is how I came to learn there is a finite amount of times that you can get a replacement for your social security card! 

I was blessed that it ended up that it was in my car the whole time.

My Sister lost hers a Disney in Florida way back in the late 90s. She was shocked when it showed in a box in her mailbox a couple weeks later with all her cards and every dollar she had in it, was still there.

I m sure if the right person found it, it would happen that way again today.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-11-2022, 02:48 AM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote: Throwing this out there because when crazy stuff happens it is just too hard to make sense out of.

As an internet expert on odd phenomena, I can safely say that the other person was a demon and you must chain her with iron and throw her into a church.

That's why they don't let me in Costco anymore, but you will feel safer!

minusculebeercheers
"I be ridin' they be hatin'."
-Abraham Lincoln

I'm not a biologist but I do own a wallet.
I think it's safe to say that you may have multiple personalities...and that this other "you" may be responsible for a series of gruesome unsolved murders in seven bordering states.

[Image: giphy.gif]

(04-11-2022, 08:59 PM)beez Wrote:

As an internet expert on odd phenomena, I can safely say that the other person was a demon and you must chain her with iron and throw her into a church.

That's why they don't let me in Costco anymore, but you will feel safer!

minusculebeercheers

I don't think demons like me very much. So I don't have anything to fear in that category.

As far as weird goes, I have met my doppelganger on three different occasions. Each time was truly a weird experience. I can't figure out though, why each one said to me, "You look exactly like me!" When in truth, they looked exactly like me.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-11-2022, 09:25 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: I think it's safe to say that you may have multiple personalities...and that this other "you" may be responsible for a series of gruesome unsolved murders in seven bordering states.

I am in the clear. They would never mistake the two f us, the only thing we share is a name.

That is good, because there are a few out there that don't share my name, but look just like me.

• minusculebeercheers 

(04-11-2022, 09:29 PM)NightskyeB4Dawn Wrote:
(04-11-2022, 09:25 PM)IAMTAT Wrote: I think it's safe to say that you may have multiple personalities...and that this other "you" may be responsible for a series of gruesome unsolved murders in seven bordering states.

I am in the clear. They would never mistake the two f us, the only thing we share is a name.

That is good, because there are a few out there that don't share my name, but look just like me.

A great outcome for both of you.  I had a similar experience many years ago while at sea in the navy.  2 other sailors on the ship with the same name, spelling.    Our birth dates were different and of course our service numbers but it caused some confusion at first when our name was called out on pay day.

Kind regards,

Bally:)
Okay. Another "What Are The Chances".

I usually have fruit a couple days a week, but the last two times I was in the market.  Both Walmart and Publix, had a pretty lousy selection, and for the prices of nearly three to four dollars a pound for apples and pears, I opted out.

I had to go into the rich part of town today, and since I was already there, I decided to check out their Publix.

The produce and the fruit looked like something you would see in an ad. It was beautiful. 

Now I am sure it was just coincidence. What are the chances that Publix or any other store, would place their better products in the rich areas, and put the worse of their selection in the poorer areas?

• minusculebeercheers