Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Having Fun With The CNC
[Image: Skull-number-1.jpg]
Just finished painting this. It is my third carving. The wife finds it creepy but said it turned out ok. I am working on what bits to use for better detail. I have a long way to go, but it will be fun getting there. Will be hanging this in the garage next to the No Trespassing sign.

[Image: Warning.jpg]
Next, I am going to see about epoxy for the deer carving. I am also looking at getting a laser engraver/CNC for metal. Not in a hurry though. I find this hobby relaxing.

Anyway, retirement is 3 years away which gives me three years to practice.  minusculebeercheers
WHAT THE HELL !!
@"Tarzan the apeman." 

I LOVE it!!!!
I'm weird though, I started an ornamental skull collection.
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]
(04-10-2022, 02:37 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"Tarzan the apeman." 

I LOVE it!!!!

Thanks. The biggest problem I see is wood prices. I am lucky as I can get some fairly decent sizes of scrap pine wood at work.
WHAT THE HELL !!
(04-10-2022, 02:42 AM)Tarzan the apeman. Wrote:
(04-10-2022, 02:37 AM)GeauxHomeLittleD Wrote: @"Tarzan the apeman." 

I LOVE it!!!!

Thanks. The biggest problem I see is wood prices. I am lucky as I can get some fairly decent sizes of scrap pine wood at work.

I'm waiting for a wood burning tool I ordered to come in, should be any day. People put their junk furniture by the side of the road once a month for pick up so I'm hoping to find some small, gently used pieces to sand down, make some art on, then stain and polyurethane. 
"As an American it's your responsibility to have your own strategic duck stockpile. You can't expect the government to do it for you." - the dork I call one of my mom's other kids
[Image: Tiny-Ducks.jpg]