Thread Rating:
  • 2 Vote(s) - 5 Average
American Healthcare In Crisis
I just had a major vascular surgery on the 3rd of the month. The nursing staff in ICU were amazing but spread so thin you could see that it was really tough on them. I made sure I didn't cause them any grief and add to it because they were well-trained and very good at what they were doing. It's sad to see so many of them getting burned out because of staffing issues. There were also a few that weren't assigned to me that were disrespectful to their co-workers and patients by arguing and speaking loudly in the ICU. I let the hospital know about them. 

While there are mediocre nurses (like any profession), my many experiences with them in recent years have mostly been good.

-- Hal 
(06-22-2022, 03:03 PM)halwesten Wrote: I just had a major vascular surgery on the 3rd of the month. The nursing staff in ICU were amazing but spread so thin you could see that it was really tough on them. I made sure I didn't cause them any grief and add to it because they were well-trained and very good at what they were doing. It's sad to see so many of them getting burned out because of staffing issues. There were also a few that weren't assigned to me that were disrespectful to their co-workers and patients by arguing and speaking loudly in the ICU. I let the hospital know about them. 

While there are mediocre nurses (like any profession), my many experiences with them in recent years have mostly been good.

We are all Happy to see you back with us and healthy.
Hospital are understaffed in a lot of places.
Once A Rogue, Always A Rogue!
[Image: attachment.php?aid=936]