Thread Rating:
  • 6 Vote(s) - 5 Average
Doomsday ‘Preppers’ Warn of Hard Times Ahead As Preparedness Goes Mainstream
(04-03-2022, 01:19 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 07:49 PM)guohua Wrote: Just drop that Rat, Bat, Fish in a Wok with some nice fat Cricket and Grubs, use a little olive oil and pepper with sea salt then at the end some chopped mushrooms.  tinydrroling

When it's skewered the only name it goes by is, "Meat on a stick."

And when you're hungry  tinydrroling will satisfy.

Even long pig?
[Image: TWBB.png]

(04-02-2022, 05:58 PM)ABNARTY Wrote: PITA POV Rant Warning!!!!  tinywhat tinywhat tinywhat

The whole "prepper" think always confused me. 

Getting through freezing temps with nothing more than a fireplace or cookstove ain't gonna happen for about half the population.

Nothing to pick and not having canning skills before winter is gonna do in a lot of folks too.

Stuff's not too hard to think through.  There's an amazing amount of literature can teach people what they need to know.

People always ask: Are you bugging-out or bugging-in.

Common sense has an answer: Are you a fool?  Of course you're bugging out.  How do you expect to live where society has completely crumbled and there are no 18-wheelers bringing food to your town?

And bugging out is predominantly a matter of logistics.  How are you gonna haul stuff from point A to point B

Solid foundations.  If you don't start with one, you're not going to survive something that's not going to end for several years.  Imagine what it'll be like in Europe ... expecting to face-off against someone wielding a sword. (I know they've got guns over there too, but you get the point, dont'cha?)
'Cause if they catch you in the back seat trying to pick her locks
They're gonna send you back to Mother in a cardboard box
You better run!
(04-03-2022, 01:31 AM)hounddoghowlie Wrote:
(04-03-2022, 01:19 AM)Snarl Wrote:
(04-02-2022, 07:49 PM)guohua Wrote: Just drop that Rat, Bat, Fish in a Wok with some nice fat Cricket and Grubs, use a little olive oil and pepper with sea salt then at the end some chopped mushrooms.  tinydrroling

When it's skewered the only name it goes by is, "Meat on a stick."

And when you're hungry  tinydrroling will satisfy.

Even long pig?

After nine days?  You betcha.  What do you think all those handcuffs are for?
You better run!
So, how much is enough?

A grown man will go through three of these per day ... five if he's working his ass off.

[Image: How-Much.jpg]

You've got to take size/bulk into consideration for any kind of preps.  If the place you're living isn't going to sustain you, you're gonna have to get to somewhere that can.  Ain't nobody gonna be humping that much weight very far when conditions barely allow for it.

You'll need to have enough food stores to get you past your first winter.  If you're not on your own two feet by the time you get to your 2d winter, you're gonna have to figure what to do with yourself.

I truly worry about people who plan to bug-in and outlast SHTF.  Lots of whisperings in the wind that it'll be this year.  If you're not working towards it now, how can you be ready if the event is timed for the mid-terms (November)?  Remember how close we were to an insurrection over the last rigged election?

Local elections have obviously been rigged too.  You should've heard my brother going-off after he campaigned and some pretty-face switched parties and stole it away from him. My brother's never done violence on anyone ... let alone kill.  But, he bought an AR-15 after that.  Not because he was out for revenge, but because he knows it'll start with just a spark.  Now he's out burying stuff in the ground like I do.  HAHAHAHA
You better run!
(04-04-2022, 02:18 PM)Snarl Wrote: So, how much is enough?

A grown man will go through three of these per day ... five if he's working his ass off.

[Image: How-Much.jpg]

You've got to take size/bulk into consideration for any kind of preps.  If the place you're living isn't going to sustain you, you're gonna have to get to somewhere that can.  Ain't nobody gonna be humping that much weight very far when conditions barely allow for it.

You'll need to have enough food stores to get you past your first winter.  If you're not on your own two feet by the time you get to your 2d winter, you're gonna have to figure what to do with yourself.

I truly worry about people who plan to bug-in and outlast SHTF.  Lots of whisperings in the wind that it'll be this year.  If you're not working towards it now, how can you be ready if the event is timed for the mid-terms (November)?  Remember how close we were to an insurrection over the last rigged election?

Local elections have obviously been rigged too.  You should've heard my brother going-off after he campaigned and some pretty-face switched parties and stole it away from him. My brother's never done violence on anyone ... let alone kill.  But, he bought an AR-15 after that.  Not because he was out for revenge, but because he knows it'll start with just a spark.  Now he's out burying stuff in the ground like I do.  HAHAHAHA

Storing is for the time you are bugging in. You can't carry large amounts of stores. It would slow you down, make you weak, and make you a target.

Depending on your location, locked down stores may have to be left behind. You may get raided, or circumstances could wipe you out in the blink of an eye.

Knowing how to forage is going to be your go to survival tool.

For every one person that read this post. About 7.99 billion have not. 

Yet I still post.  tinyinlove
  • minusculebeercheers 

A few other things to consider:

1. Seeing in the Dark: this is game-changer level kit ... especially if you're defending an area against people who aren't so equipped.
2. Useful (as-in not useless) radios for two-way communications.  If it's useful, you're gonna have to learn how to use it.
3. Lightweight/Highly Portable Solar charging station (that actually/conveniently charges your batteries and gear).
You better run!